Squad numbers are BROKEN in La Liga.

I setup my squad numbers before the pre-season (after July 1st, before first regular season game). I had a full complement of players, backups at every position, and 25 player numbers. I went on holiday until the first game of the season, get back, and now I only have 22/25 players still registered. Why would my assman unregister players!? It is MADDENING to have a bunch of INE players. This problem happens EVERY single year!! Why can't SI get it right!!!???? PLEASE fix this in the next patch.

Are you playing fm2009 and are you patched up. The reason I ask if your playing FM2009 is because there was problems with la liga on FM2008 even when fully patched as I recall.

I usually holiday for about 15 days or so towards the end of july. I have signed all the players I want, sold them etc and just want to get to the first game of the season by that point. Admittedly I wouldn't holiday through the first few weeks but at the end of July I just want to crack on with the season, so I can see why people do it, although I wouldn't in spain after the problems with it last year lol.

I setup my squad numbers before the pre-season (after July 1st, before first regular season game). I had a full complement of players, backups at every position, and 25 player numbers. I went on holiday until the first game of the season, get back, and now I only have 22/25 players still registered. Why would my assman unregister players!? It is MADDENING to have a bunch of INE players. This problem happens EVERY single year!! Why can't SI get it right!!!???? PLEASE fix this in the next patch.

LOL - I expect you have allowed the Ass Man to accept offers for your players and they have been sold

Have a look at your transfer history

I usually holiday for about 15 days or so towards the end of july. I have signed all the players I want, sold them etc and just want to get to the first game of the season by that point. Admittedly I wouldn't holiday through the first few weeks but at the end of July I just want to crack on with the season, so I can see why people do it, although I wouldn't in spain after the problems with it last year lol.

One solution to this is to just stick auto-continue on, especially if it's only for 15 days. That way the game will just keep continuing until the next match unless an important news item that requires your attention pops up.

It's the best of both worlds really, you can still leave the game to continue to the start of the first game of the season without the risk of missing any important news items.

haha what a great thread. Im assuming one of the reasons you go on holiday is not playing pre-season friendlies, just check the box in team settings so he controls them. Either that or just return from holiday the day before you have to finalise the squad registration (im guessin its 1st sept or thereabouts)

One solution to this is to just stick auto-continue on, especially if it's only for 15 days. That way the game will just keep continuing until the next match unless an important news item that requires your attention pops up.

It's the best of both worlds really, you can still leave the game to continue to the start of the first game of the season without the risk of missing any important news items.

Whats auto continue :confused:

In preferences you can set the game to automatically continue after a certain time, up to 10 seconds. So when any processing has finished you get a 10 second countdown. If you click anything during that time the countdown stops and you have normal control of the game, if you don't then it automatically clicks continue for you.

Only news items that require a response and matches will halt this auto continue. I use it all the time tbh.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
PLEASE fix this in the next patch.

What patch? There isn't going to be another patch. The next release will be FM2010. Do you have the 9.3.0 patch installed? This should help I think.

This is a bug in all leagues. And who the **** cares how I play my game? There is nothing to do in the off-season. How can that be the most fun part of the game?

I disagree, the off-season is when you strengthen your team, get rid of trouble makers, try new tactics in friendlies etc.

Archived