Is this the worst Linesman's decision of all time??!!!

Lose 2-1 to Liverpool with a goal conceded in which if I have counted correctly Liverpool had at least 4 men offside!!! When I whinged about it at the Press conferance the F.A. kept quiet. Rarely see that!!!

I would laugh if it hadn't been an F.A. Cup Quarter Final, Bellamy hadn't been marginally offside himself a few times (The AI spotted those ones!) and I have 5 yes 5 serious injuries!!!

Have loaded the PKM for your amusement at

http://hosted.filefront.com/SussexHammer/

Yes I know it happens IRL but the game is frustrating enough without the ME conspiring against you as much as this!!

No, It's not the worst of all time, for that I refer you to the world cup final of 1966

Bitter much? :p

Worst linesman's decision of all time has gotta be that muppet who decided that Reading had scored back in September when anyone with half a brain and one eye could see that it missed by about 200 feet

I've just had a look at it and it probably looks an awful lot worse than it actually was.

At the moment that Gerrard plays the ball, the West Ham defender pushes up very quickly. I couldn't quite see but there might be a chance that he was in line when the ball was played, probably not though. The player standing in front of the goalie doesn't really help things though, although he wasn't blocking the keepers view of the ball so he could possibly be deemed 'not interfering with play'.

I've just had a look at it and it probably looks an awful lot worse than it actually was.

At the moment that Gerrard plays the ball, the West Ham defender pushes up very quickly. I couldn't quite see but there might be a chance that he was in line when the ball was played, probably not though. The player standing in front of the goalie doesn't really help things though, although he wasn't blocking the keepers view of the ball so he could possibly be deemed 'not interfering with play'.

I wouldn't have been quite so annoyed if I wasn't playing an "offside" tactic!! To actually instruct your players to play offside then for this to happen was most,,,,, well the expletives that left my mouth afterwards cannot be repeated here!

oh i feel for you! but it one of the reasons why i love fm. they dont try and disguise the fact that refs make mistakes in matches and they can make some great and some horrible moments happen because of these blunders. the 3d ME is great though for watching the replays to see if it is offisde and what not. would be great if they implemtented a line showing the defenders and the player offside like in lukinos screenshot

While I simpathise to the victims I have to agree with the views of the previous post. Is part of the joy of supposting football not being the debates that arise after a weekend with your friends/family/work colleagues regarding the decisions and incidents of the games?

• 1 month later...
I think I have that beat. In the moments that followed, Javier passed forward to the gentleman who is a good 1/4 of the pitch offsides. Nary a whistle was heard. And that was the equalizing goal in 89th minute!

offsidesyx6.th.jpg

Sorry mate, its not offside. The player is within his own half. A player can be flagged offside only if he is in the opposition half when the pass was played to him.

I generally have offside decisions to my favor than not. So, I do not think I have the right to complain. I think I get 3 favorable calls for every 2 unfavorable offside calls.

Maybe it is trying to tell me that Manchester United is untouchable even in FM09? :D

Doh. Right you are. Major brain fart there.

Haha, don't worry, you're hardly alone. The first time it ever happened to me once we got 2D, I was like "WTF THAT WAS THE MOST BLATANT OFFSIDES EVER" and then the truth was pointed out to me and I was like, "Darnit!"

Sorry mate, its not offside. The player is within his own half. A player can be flagged offside only if he is in the opposition half when the pass was played to him.

IRL I was playing football in my provinces highest league and was booked (my only booking of the year) for arguing with the referee when a linesman gave our striker offside even though he was in his own half. He was convinced that I was making the rule up that you can't be offside in your own half, the dick then booked me when I said he should learn the rules of football before trying to referee it.

Why?

So you're saying England should have won 3-2 instead of 4-2? A win is a win....

Nah the score was 2-2 at the time of the blatently not over the line shot off the crossbar, if the Germans weren't so distraught at the awful decision by the officials Geoff Hursts marker might not have been on the plane home already.

Nah the score was 2-2 at the time of the blatently not over the line shot off the crossbar, if the Germans weren't so distraught at the awful decision by the officials Geoff Hursts marker might not have been on the plane home already.

Ifs and buts mate. Ball clealy crossed the line anyway ;)

I think it was Oxford University that proved it actually never :)

And Cambridge probed it otherwise ;)

Being a watford fan i know for certain that isnt the worst decision of all time, yes i was at the game for the 'ghost goal'. That decision is spot on compared to the goal that never was.

Ghost goal crossed the line too :D

Worst linesman decision I've seen was when my striker on a solo run kicked the ball in front of himself and got flagged for offside...

Offside for passing to himself... :D

I do wish I had kept that PKM. I still won so it didn't matter but it raised my eyebrow a few levels.

Archived