Who Has Bought A New Laptop/Computer Just For FM!?

Pretty much. My old one was dying a death so I did kinda need a new one but I suppose it could have just been tidied up. FM09 is what made me decide to splash out on a new one. Money well spent, though.

Fortunately I already had a laptop but my mate was only initially getting 2d on his main computer with the graphics card. He hated the fact I was getting 3d matches and he wasn't so he splashed out on a new laptop just to be able to view the matches in 3d lol!

I upgraded my CPU from a perfectly functional 4000+ to a 6000+ purely to make FM 09 run faster than a constipated hog.

That's what I'm about to do.. the C2D E6750 sucks when you have all the first divisions of every league and the 2nd/3rd divisions of the big 5 leagues playable lol

Wanna splash out on a new graphics card anyways (mainly because of Fallout 3 and GTA 4) so why not get a new MB and CPU ey? lol

I bought this just before christmas, for £400:

Compaq - CQ60 - 114

processor: AMD Turin dual core RM - 70 2.00 GHz

RAM - 3GB

gfx - NVidia GE Force 8200M G - 256mb - 1151 mb Shared

160 G - Hard drive

Runs FM 2009 a treat.

i'm getting a packard bell imedia 2416 (i think)

my old computer was in needed putting down anyway because it the usb ports meant i couldnt use my iPod on it, and there is absolutley no RAM on it whatsoever

new pc has 640GB hard drive and 4GB of RAM

bring on thursday!

I got an Acer Aspire 5920g for Christmas! Intel core 2 duo processor (2.0Ghz) 4GB Ram and a 1536mb ATI Radeon HD 3470 :D Great specs I believe, all for between 400-500 I think, my mom won't tell me exacly how much.

Wooah yeah very nice specs for the money! You must be chuffed with it. :D

I bought the following:

Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550, Yorkfield Core, S775, 2.83 GHz, 1333MHz, 12MB L2 Cache, 8.5x, Retail

4gb of ddr3 memory

and a gigabyte board to go with that. All very nice set me back £400 but it worth it.

runs Fm2009 prefectly (i had the other parts of my computer already).

Archived