how long does it take to complete pre season?

pre season duration  

136 members have voted

1. 1. pre season duration

• less than a hour
    • more than a hour
    • about a days session
    • more than a days session
    • stop making a pointless poll !!!

just out of curiousity how long does it take for you to complete pre season?

does it take a couple of hours ? or a day or even longer?

do you go on holliday or get hard at work with improvments do you organise friendlys or do you just keep pressing continue for most of the pre season untill at last the footy season is back?

pre-season takes at least 2-3 hours if your playing the game seriously!

Any less then managerial games aren't for you...as your not appreciating the game!!!! You would have to be cutting some serious corners to get through pre-season in 30-40mins!!

So because I know what todo, and using a team that I am familiar with because i dont take atleast 2 hrs i shouldnt be playing a manager game??

Shut up....

The first season is particularly long.

I then find it depends on who you are managing.

If at a big club then you should generaly have a settled squad and have the scouting set up well so you only have a few little things to do.

At a small club there is more chance of an overhaul due to losing your good players, promotion/relegation, etc.

thats right fella you shouldn't be playing

People like you who rush through preseason really annoy me.....your game will lack realism and i expect the reason for you doing this is a lack of footballing knowledge and your probably only playing the game so as to fit into a social circle!!!!

try Zelda

People like you who rush through preseason really annoy me.....your game will lack realism and i expect the reason for you doing this is a lack of footballing knowledge and your probably only playing the game so as to fit into a social circle!!!!

try Zelda

Bullsh1t :)

If you were right I wouldnt have 10days play time, and have only played as 1 team. Oh and im sure if I was trying to fit into the "social circle" I would have thousands of posts by now considering I've been registered since 2005 :)

try Zelda

Firstly, what qualifies you to say how long he should, and shouldn't be playing for?

He lacks footballing knowledge because his pre-season doesn't take as long as yours?

ffs grow up man.

My pre-season generally takes an hour to two hours, largely down to having a **** poor laptop.

I'm the only one in my 'social circle' who plays football manager, come to think of it, i'm one of the only people in my 'social circle' who actually plays football, so bare this in mind before you come up with more flawed theories.

i let my assistant take control of friendly games just to make sure all my players get fit for the season,

it doesnt take me too long pre season because all i do is look for good players to strengthen and i generally already have a shortlist built any way usually under an hour but sometimes can take up to 2 depends on the game im playin lower league takes a lot longer than a team like man utd

Pre-season usually takes about an hour at most for me. This consists of about 4 friendlies, sometimes more, and looking through my current staff players and any prospective targets, and obviously checking how my tactics are working.

Also, how can Dean27Pompey say that management games aren't for people who don't spend at least 2-3 hours. The pre-season should take as long as the person wants it too. Just because they don't look over every minute detail doesn't mean they shouldn't play it.

Also, surely your 2-3 hour pre-season lacks realism. If you're as "serious" as you say you are, it should take at least 2 months ;)

pre-season takes at least 2-3 hours if your playing the game seriously!

Any less then managerial games aren't for you...as your not appreciating the game!!!! You would have to be cutting some serious corners to get through pre-season in 30-40mins!!

try Zelda

*Holds up 'WTF' sign*

Archived