left winger out for 1 month with sprained wrist!

I really love this game but some of the injuries are stupid, i actually haven't got too much of a problem with the general injuries except maybe there should be a few more short ones and a few less long ones.

My point here is my left winger has just spained his wrist while doing weights and is out for a month, now i know a strain isn't nice and for a keeper i can understand but come on a sprained wrist and your star winger is out for a month to me is quite ridiculous!

outfiled players often carry on with minor injuries like this thanks to painkillers and strapping, obviously the fear is that perhaps they're going to get bundled over, have to use their hands to support themselves and then worsen the injury, so there is a reason behind it in some regards

outfiled players often carry on with minor injuries like this thanks to painkillers and strapping, obviously the fear is that perhaps they're going to get bundled over, have to use their hands to support themselves and then worsen the injury, so there is a reason behind it in some regards

but maybe a month is a bit much, but i do take your point!

I really love this game but some of the injuries are stupid, i actually haven't got too much of a problem with the general injuries except maybe there should be a few more short ones and a few less long ones.

My point here is my left winger has just spained his wrist while doing weights and is out for a month, now i know a strain isn't nice and for a keeper i can understand but come on a sprained wrist and your star winger is out for a month to me is quite ridiculous!

I agree with this one of my players got a month on the sidelines for having a cut leg!!!!!!!!!!!! A little boo boo on hisd leg and the fairy wanted a month off! I think there should be an option to call your players workshy, injury feigning, bollock jugglers :thup:

yeah but a footballer doesnt run on his wrist, i think a month is overkill somewhat.

Footballers tend to use their wrists alot though, when they go down. Maybe a month is a touch too long but probably by a week at the most.

Being out for that long for a sprained wrist is not ridiculous, having sustained the injury myself, I have been out of all sports for 6 months, and unable to play instruments also due to the scar tissue formed.

My example is obviously one the worse end of the scale, but I injured it during a football match.

Incidentally, right after I recovered from a broken elbow, so maybe i'm just injury prone...

Being out for that long for a sprained wrist is not ridiculous, having sustained the injury myself, I have been out of all sports for 6 months, and unable to play instruments also due to the scar tissue formed.

My example is obviously one the worse end of the scale, but I injured it during a football match.

Incidentally, right after I recovered from a broken elbow, so maybe i'm just injury prone...

:eek:

I would say you are made of glass :D

I had a "severe" ankle sprain around 10 years ago now admittedly but i was back playing rugby within two weeks. Its still hurt a bit like and was still swollen as heck but it wasnt prohibitive to me getting back out there.

Still gives me jip on a very cold day actually.

I had a "severe" ankle sprain around 10 years ago now admittedly but i was back playing rugby within two weeks. Its still hurt a bit like and was still swollen as heck but it wasnt prohibitive to me getting back out there.

Maybe you should had stayed off it a couple more weeks :)

When I sprained my ankle I wasn't allowed to run or jump for 4-6 months and nothing was actually broken in it. A month for a sprained wrist might be abit over the top but if it is a bad injury to the wrist it might be a good thing to not get a worse injury if falling.

I hit myself lightly with a tennis racquet just below my kneecap about 3 months ago, it is still hurting, I can train but I wouldn't be able to play for 90 minutes. Horrible. Physio just ultrasounds it, it doesn't work.

What I am trying to say is that injuries that don't sound so bad can turn out to be quite severe.

that's why you let it heal first, if you aggreviate an injury you have you can have it for the rest of your life, like my broken knee cap, i was walking to school back then after a few months and i was told to go around in a chair for 4 months but i didn't listen and walked in pain :p

I agree with this one of my players got a month on the sidelines for having a cut leg!!!!!!!!!!!! A little boo boo on hisd leg and the fairy wanted a month off! I think there should be an option to call your players workshy, injury feigning, bollock jugglers :thup:

ive got image of a training pitch with your play having a cut down the length of his leg ****ing with blood and you telling him hes a fairy and to get up biggrin.gif

but yea few times injuries that sound like a little boo-boo, really have lasting effects i broke a finger playng in goal it healed i didnt play at all yet if i took a shot full whack on my finger it would hurt like hell for 2-3 weeks this is even now 2/3 years after i originally broke it.

Ive cracked ribs and didnt miss a game, basically Id have to have something seriously affect my ability to play to stop me playing. I would think most pros are the same. They play with broken noses etc.

A sprained wrist or broken finger shouldnt stop anyone from playing football unless they are a goalie. Maybe the players determination should affect his ability to play through things like that, a poncy lightweight winger might be out but a hard as nails CB would just play through it.

Archived