Unemployed?

I started an unemployed game as my first on FM 2009. I have about 36 leagues running from all over Europe and I am yet to get a job. Its already near the end of October and I'm still out of a job!

Sort of an anti-climax after all this waiting for FM 2009, I'm sure once I find a team the game will kick in. Anyone else have this problem? Is it something to do with the nationality I am and low reputation for managers or something? I'd just like some advice if I should keep going or start again with a team?

r u applyin 4 jobs or letting the clubs come 2 u???

Applying. I have about 150+ messages of 'Unknown obscure club has accepted your application' 'Application unsuccessful'

I have decided to make a new game. :( I am a bit disappointed, I understand starting unemployed is difficult, but 1 year and no accepted offers! The game wasn't actually a game anymore. Bad first impression of FM 2009 :(

I got the same problem here. i started with all the leagues from scotland england and spain. i get rejected for all jobs that come up. maybe i needed to include a really obscure nation and get a job there for a season or 2 to get the experience to get a job in a known footballing country........ or maybe i will just start with the giant Wycombe Wanderers like i usually do!

I started a game unemployed, Sunday League Footballer status with every league from the British and Irish Isles loaded (as well as the top leagues from Italy, Spain, Germany & France). I ended up having to run the game on holiday, applying for lower league teams last night - this morning I woke up and the game was still on holiday but in the year 2012! I definitely ticked the boxes required last night.

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot. =(

I started a game unemployed, Sunday League Footballer status with every league from the British and Irish Isles loaded (as well as the top leagues from Italy, Spain, Germany & France). I ended up having to run the game on holiday, applying for lower league teams last night - this morning I woke up and the game was still on holiday but in the year 2012! I definitely ticked the boxes required last night.

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot. =(

Same happened to my mate, though he just had England and Scotland, 2012 with no job.

It's easy to get a job in my experience. The key thing to do is go on holiday and check the box to apply for jobs automatically and apply for higher rep jobs. Also tick the box which allows holiday mode to stop when you recieve an offer. Then just go do something else until you get an offer.

Hey guys, me and a friend had a similar problem on a network game. We saw a few different solutions, add a new manager and randomise your club selection, you may need to do this a few times to hit on a lower league team if you're looking for the challenge, or you can alternatively boost your manager reputation during the create a manager stage. Both of these have worked and allow you to get your first foot on the ladder :D

It's easy to get a job in my experience. The key thing to do is go on holiday and check the box to apply for jobs automatically and apply for higher rep jobs. Also tick the box which allows holiday mode to stop when you recieve an offer. Then just go do something else until you get an offer.

What kind of past experience did you have? Are there many other people out there who can find a job on Sunday League Footballer after rejecting the first few jobs? I started 2 games unemployed (specifics in my earlier post), both times I got offered jobs in the North of Ireland but I didn't want to move there at first until eventually on my second game I noticed the worst team in Ireland, Scotland & Wales rejected me and I decided I would take anywhere - but then even Ulster wouldn't give me a chance! Gave up twice now in 2012 without having any chance of getting a job.

Surely the lowest league teams in each country should take you on even if your experience is the lowest possible?

What kind of past experience did you have? Are there many other people out there who can find a job on Sunday League Footballer after rejecting the first few jobs? I started 2 games unemployed (specifics in my earlier post), both times I got offered jobs in the North of Ireland but I didn't want to move there at first until eventually on my second game I noticed the worst team in Ireland, Scotland & Wales rejected me and I decided I would take anywhere - but then even Ulster wouldn't give me a chance! Gave up twice now in 2012 without having any chance of getting a job.

Surely the lowest league teams in each country should take you on even if your experience is the lowest possible?

Automatic. Did you holiday through this or acvtively apply for jobs?

My mate set his experience to automatic, English Blue Square and Scottish Div 3,. He'd set his manager options to apply for every job going and to resume the game if he got a job. Had a sleep and woke up, the game was in 2012 and he still didn't have a job.

The first month I actively applied and then I holidayed, setting it to automatically apply for lower league teams. 2012 without any offers twice.

Thats wierd. Try automatically apply for higher rep teams, thats how I got a job.

I just checked and 2 of the Conference clubs who rejected me still don't have a manager after 2 months, lol.

If you don't survive in your first job for a year then you can never get another job again, which is pretty stupid and hasn't been the case in past FMs.

I just checked and 2 of the Conference clubs who rejected me still don't have a manager after 2 months, lol.

If you don't survive in your first job for a year then you can never get another job again, which is pretty stupid and hasn't been the case in past FMs.

REALLY ! what happens if you resign ?

I want to start at the bottom and work my way up mate. It'll be interesting to find out how many other people are having this problem and if it is indeed a bug - or maybe just a little too realistic.

You can still do this. If you have no club, you will apply for all jobs because any job has a higher reputation than not having not, if that makes sense.

I started unemployed, did this and got the Hyde job in less than a month.

You can still do this. If you have no club, you will apply for all jobs because any job has a higher reputation than not having not, if that makes sense.

I started unemployed, did this and got the Hyde job in less than a month.

Were you on Sunday League Footballer experience? I got a job offer on this experience within a few days of one game but I turned it down, only to later regret it as I got no other offers for 4 years (on holiday, applying for LL jobs). My cousin has had the exact same experience as me. Both of us have had the exact same thing happen where we have applied for the team at the bottom of the lowest league in Wales and in Ireland and been rejected!! Surely you should still have a chance of a job even if you turn down the first few offers? I'll try and start a career game again tonight but if it happens again then I'm going to have to wait until it is confirmed as a bug and fixed, I'd rather be playing as Man City than pressing continue over and over again because I don't trust the holiday settings. =(

Cheers for trying to help mate, I'll let you know how I get on.

Thats the whole point of being a football manager, you just have to wait for your chance and take it! It took me until March to get a job and that was Fleetwood Town, just wait for the opportunity and grab it with both hands!

Waiting until 2012+ before handling a team is a little excessive mate. And even in 2012 it looked like I still wouldn't get a job!

No, I was automatic which I beleive gives you Sunday League Footballer anyway. Don't apply for LL jobs, apply for all jobs with a higher reputation.

I always accept the first offer so I don't know whether rejecting the first has any ill affect.

I'm running all the divisions from all the leagues. Lower league clubs from N.Ireland and some of the lower Swedish divisions offered offered me the role upon application. Sunday League rep. Irish nationality. Didn't try the Brazilian clubs. Farsley and Hyde rejected me though :(

I started an unemployed game as my first on FM 2009. I have about 36 leagues running from all over Europe and I am yet to get a job. Its already near the end of October and I'm still out of a job!

What past experience did you give yourself?. If its set too low then I think this will probably be the cause of you not getting a job yet. Have a look at the available job and see whats available. If your experience is set to automatic then I think you'll only get a job at clubs in the lowest divisions available.

r u applyin 4 jobs or letting the clubs come 2 u???

Please don't type like this as its very difficult for people who do not have english as a first language to understand. Its also against the house rules.

I take it Automatic=Sunday League?

There must be some random element, else how do some people get the Farsley job? I'd love to get that job!!

EDIT/

Just had a thought... I play with a large database, maybe that means too much competition for jobs? The other guys who cant get jobs, what size database do you have?

Archived