you cant buy good player with at least £15 mil. (of course if you wanna strenghten a squad a bit), 5 mils for youngsters maybe.. long time investment

Mate, you clearly dont know what you're talking about.

I managed to get:

Miguel Veloso for £12.25m

Lassana Diarra for £5.5m

Joao Moutinho for £14.50m

To name but a few.

If you ask the Liverpool board for extra transfer funds, you will get around 15m. I think the game has taken into account the ins of Riera, Keane etc. already from the first summers transfer funds. Next season will be different for sure.

Mate, you clearly dont know what you're talking about.

I managed to get:

Miguel Veloso for £12.25m

Lassana Diarra for £5.5m

Joao Moutinho for £14.50m

To name but a few.

Dude, you got ripped off, I got diarra for 5m. First amount I offered :p

Thats the only player I have bought so far, I'm man city by the way. Thought I would try them out. Not sure who I want to replace.

I'm mainly trying features out to be honest, otherwise I'd still be sorting backroom staff out, just sacked one is all, I normally sack nearly all of them and bring in a whole new staff team.

Man city owners have a worth over 500 billion, surley their budget should be around 250m+.

Also i had bids accepted for aguero, however he doesn't want to join for 120k+ a week. Its just LOL.

Footballers loyalty these days are based on how much money they can get.

Man city should be able to sign most world class players bar messi, (loves barca to much to leave) ronaldo, (obv reasons madrid utd rivals) and kaka. (great loyalty to milan)

If you want realism that would be spot on imo. Would aguero refuse city IRL?

£80m is one hell of a transfer kitty. Stop complaining.

especially as all the summer transfers (and costs) have been included. £80 mil is probably the highest in the english and scottish leagues, so why the tears?

People forget that the richer somebody is, the stingier they probably are. I doubt Man City Owners are going to spend any more than the 80million predicted in the game. And yes, I think there is a high chance Aguero would turn down Man City, after he rejected Chelsea and Real Madrid.

Just cos Man City are owned by a rich bloke and they have scandalous amounts of money, it doesn't mean they can go out and buy anyone and everyone. That would make the game unrealistic. I'm sure some players would still choose Madrid, Manchester Utd or Milan before they chose Man City (To name just a few).

I think transfers have improved for mid-upper tier players, ie not true world class stars like messi, fabreags, ronaldo etc. Pirlo was the best player interested in a move to me. I got Veloso for £10.5m, Moutinho for £12.75m, Matias Fernandez for £7m, Huntelaar for £12m, Srna for £14m. I also got a £12m bid accepted for Adriano but pulled out to buy Huntelaar (who's only 4th choice striker!). I also had bids accepted, but I didn't complete the deal, for players like Valenica- £9.5m, Arteta £15m. I'm Man Utd btw, I sold a lot of players too like Park, Fletcher, Manucho, Anderson and got great money for all of them.

If you think a 20 year old would reject a move to man city for 120k a week, well i dont need to comment.

Judging by what the city owners have been saying it would seem they would be preapred to spend 80m on just 1 player. To think they will only give huges 80m is LOL there worth over 500billion people.

They will spend watever it takes at city they have no limits.

In my savegame, Man City spent all 80M pounds and got these players:

Alexandr Anyukov 10M

Marcelo (from Real Madrid) 5.5M

Andrey Arshavin 13.75M

Darijo Srna 16.5M

Yury Chirkov 11.25M

Marek Hamsik 22.5M

That is a pretty good bunch of players for Man City to be getting. Can't go for all world class players because of just National reputation of club.

Man city owners have a worth over 500 billion, surley their budget should be around 250m+.

Also i had bids accepted for aguero, however he doesn't want to join for 120k+ a week. Its just LOL.

Man city should be able to sign most world class players bar messi, (loves barca to much to leave) ronaldo, (obv reasons madrid utd rivals) and kaka. (great loyalty to milan)

Should find out IRL soon enough - rumour (well, NOTW fiction) is he's just been approached.

"Manchester City will smash their own Premier League transfer record in January and buy 20-year-old Argentine striker Sergio Aguero from Atletico Madrid for £35m. (News of the World)"

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/gossip_and_transfers/7704696.stm

Plenty of players value integrity and trophies as much as cash. Given that the A-list players can get multi-million pound contracts at clubs with the highest reputations, why drop down for the sake of a few million more? If Aguero (or Ibrahimovic) waited to move to Real, Barca, Chelski or Man U they'd hardly be out of pocket.

Not all the big players are as stupid as Robinho that signs for a relatively unknown team in the big football world. Reputation still means alot for lots of football players, and there are more players with loyalty than the few you list (how about the 7 homegrown Barcelona players or Steven Gerrard, Carragher, lots of these players exists). Also in real life, Man City cannot and will not attract all the players they want even if they offer ridiculous high wage. Wait and see.

Football Manager will be crapper than crap if you are able to buy all the players you want.

Its not an arcade sim.

you are clueless, you really think that the world's best players with want to sign for a diddy team just because your owner crap money. Get real, the robinho deal was a one off and you have no chance of signing players like aguero. Stick to signing players like darius vassell :p

In my savegame, Man City spent all 80M pounds and got these players:

Alexandr Anyukov 10M

Marcelo (from Real Madrid) 5.5M

Andrey Arshavin 13.75M

Darijo Srna 16.5M

Yury Chirkov 11.25M

Marek Hamsik 22.5M

That is a pretty good bunch of players for Man City to be getting. Can't go for all world class players because of just National reputation of club.

Anyukov is awesome in the new FM. The transfer fees I've spent have shown some promising early signs of an improvements having been made in my opinion.

I've seen some transfer fees that seem a little unrealistic.

I'm a Lower League manager, and trying to ind a right-back, so dipped into non-League football.

Non-League clubs in the conference south don't ask for £70,000 for average right-backs!

Man, some people are nothing if not cynical. People forget that young people tend to be highly idealistic, rather than coldly rational like the older players are. Also A little boost in the wages to move to an obscure side is the worst thing you can do to your career.

On another note: Don't you think some of the transfer prices are much too low? I know its nicer to get players for cheaper now, but some people are buying first team regulars not on the transfer list for peanuts! And have any of you been finding that teams are putting strange players on the transfer list i.e. Marcelo, Cacares

Liverpool have no money, but Man City will buy anyone half decent you put up for transfer. I got 13.5m for Lucas and 8.5m for Pennant off them. I bought Arshavin and Senna with the proceeds and still have enough for Wheater I reckon.

you are clueless, you really think that the world's best players with want to sign for a diddy team just because your owner crap money. Get real, the robinho deal was a one off and you have no chance of signing players like aguero.

I remeber once upon a time when a certain mr abramovich had just taken over chelsea, this is what people said about chelsea, now which footballer wouldnt give their right arm to join them?

I have always thought that the importance of hard cash has always been downplayed in FM simple, no matter what team u play for, if someone comes in with a double your offer money players should accept.

My only issues with the transfers is Marcelo and Cáceres are on the transfer list and the latter has just signed for Barcelona IRL and also i don't think madrid would sell marcelo either. And Arshavin shouldn't be available for less then £17mil as Spurs couldn't even get him for that!

as city i didnt think £80 mil was all that much (but enough) until i bought:

lassana diarra - 5 mil

miguel veloso - 12 mil

pavel pogrebnyak - 12 mil

andrey arshavin - 16 mil

miral radoi - 10 mil

marcelo - 4.6 mil

(until my game crashed mid-match, and i hadnt saved it once)

call me cynical but these fees are far too cheap, considering how IRL clubs have been trying to sign players like veloso, arshavin etc (moutinho also always gets transferred for about 12 mil) but havent because they are too expensive - way more than these figures.. 5 million wouldnt get you one of lassana diarras legs in real life.

Chelsea were already emerging as a force in European football on Gullit, Hoddle and Vialli tbh.

City have to improve even to do that.

sorry mate but there's no chance chelsea would have won the league without abramovich, without the money they were going no where

Guys, clubs in Qatar are some of the richest in the world and regularly splash out upwards of £10m on mostly African and South American players. So money is no object to them, but how many of the world's best players end up there? None, that's how many.

Thats a different kettle of fish all together i think. Personally theres a massive difference between a team thats got the reputation of finishing in the top half of a very high standard of league that actually has potential to do well on the global stage with the right investment, and a team in an obscure part of world with massive investment.

Chelsea didn't exactly buy world beaters when they got all their money : Scott Parker, wayne bridge, wright phillips, crespo, veron, the list goes on for them, its gonna be the same for City, loadsa money but nobody who wants it

i agree with 4Site, im not sure the financial clout of teams in Qatar is relevant, but even having said that, i dont think, or i would like to think that sergio ageuro wouldnt jeopardise his reputation that is growing so quickly, at an established club like atletico, playing in and lighting up the champions league every fortnight, for money, i think hes smarter than that. just because city are minted i dont think any player shud want to join them on FM, as in real life the majority of the players city are linked with wouldnt be interested in the slightest - fabregas, ronaldo etc. no chance

Not all the big players are as stupid as Robinho that signs for a relatively unknown team in the big football world. Reputation still means alot for lots of football players, and there are more players with loyalty than the few you list (how about the 7 homegrown Barcelona players or Steven Gerrard, Carragher, lots of these players exists). Also in real life, Man City cannot and will not attract all the players they want even if they offer ridiculous high wage. Wait and see.

Football Manager will be crapper than crap if you are able to buy all the players you want.

Its not an arcade sim.

I do 100% agree with what your saying there is a large amount of world class players who wouldnt join city for money. However aguero for 140k w/e a week would be conviced he wouldnt get a contract anywhere near that at Real etc.

I do believe City could buy the majority of players, nearly everyone has their price?

When you talk about Gerrard he was very very close to joining Chelsea.

Also before Roman A chelsea was kinda mehhhh, a team who thought they were bigger and better than they are. Kinda like Newcastle and Spurs now. However, money turned them into a great side with world class players and will do so with city.

Chelsea were in the CL when Roman bought them and they had finished in the top four for several years in a row. They had a decent backbone of players as well. Add to that they are a London club. Where were City in the last couple of years? Which top footballer would want to live in Manchester but not play for United? There aren't many I tell you and no amount of money will change that until City prove themselves as a threat in the league, nevermind Europe.

To be fair, City would not have a limited transfer kitty IRL.

Do you have any solid grounds to make such a claim? It's been stated numerous times that City do not necessarily have all the millions of that Middle-Eastern oil group at their disposal. Let's not forget that the actual owner is just one person with a much more limited personal wealth and the rest of the group doesn't share his extreme enthusiasm. Outside of the transfers that already happened, any other claims should be considered hot air until it actually happens. SI can't just assume there's truth behind those claims and give them carte blanche on FM. 80M is extremely generous considering the transfers are already included in the game and it's still loads more than any other side has at the start of the game.

Archived