Very Strange man of the match award

I used to have it a lot on CM 00/01 when I was a really bad Yeovil team. My goalkeeper was immense and won man of the match about 10 times.

I've seen it before in real life loads of time. I once saw Gabor Kiraly make about 10 world class saves against Man Utd even though his Palace team lost 5-2.

My friend who plays semi pro in goal has been awarded MoM numerous times when his team have lost. Admittedly it was only 1-0 or so but he pulled off twenty or so saves to keep them in the match. Maybe if the keeper was fantastic for 80 minutes and then his defence just went walk about for the last 10 minutes and you conceded lots he could still get MoM?

I see Artur Boruc got rated "8".

They must have had plenty of shots too, that he saved.

A GK rated "8" is a good performance IRL, but I've seen my keeper not once make a save and get rated "8" on FM.

Perhaps he's judged on his eccentric antics during the game; dangling off the cross-bar and stuff... :D

most interesting thing is you have signed john fleck. hows he doing. i never brought fleck through the ranks when i was rangers, i think i sold him to a birmingham. his fitness stats were really poor.

I bought fleck on a free when he got released from Rangers.

I'm not one for the "once you play for rangers, you dont play for celtic" type of man, if your good enough i'll sign you!

Hes turned out pretty well (finnishing 17 pace 16 off the ball 16) and scored some vital goals.

Still playing 2nd fiddle to McGeady, but i think may become a future parter with Vaughn!

Archived