Do you play a career game?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by tommywright:

Alryt

i no the questin i am going to ask is not this subject

but how do i no if i am using the new patch

what happens after i downlaoded the patch

plz plz plz help

fanxs </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Mee be u shuld go bak too scool

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by tommywright:

Alryt

plz plz plz help

You asked the same question on another post icon_rolleyes.gif

and read the rules, no text speaking...

i am at still skwl </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Can you not talk like that? Seriously. It's horrible.

Alryt

plz plz plz help

It would have been less rude to have started a thread or searched for the answer but I'll tell you anyway.

In game go to Options -> Game Status and read the version.

Career games are the way to go Jonfun. Unfortunately I am such a slow player (I tend to get distracted with music etc) that I rarely get past 3 or 4 seasons.

I remember having great fun starting unemployed in FM2007. I got a job with Skarp in Norway where I spent many happy seasons. Couldn't for the life of me get another job in that game though.

Recently started as manager of the might, mighty Bournemouth and intend to take them as far as I can (if I can get the finances sorted).

Currently at MK Dons in the year 2014...got promoted once then relegated again. Still in League 2. It's really difficult lol...

I've spent about 500k and brought in about 1.6M so the finances are really good here now. I just struggle to hold onto players when the right offer comes in. They want to stay, but I see the pound signs...dammit.

I'd like to work my way all the way up. I'm not sure if I'd take another job or bring MK Dons all the way to the top. I'd probably like to switch jobs to get to the top, win it all then go back to MK Dons at the end of my career and bring them up to the top.

Sounds great. In theory.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Do you play a career game? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nothing but.

In fact, thinking back to the day I started playing FM, I have never started a game by picking a team. Every single game I've started, I began unemployed with the lowest reputation possible.

As for how far I've gone... not far. But, I never start and/or play with a goal in mind. I simply start a game - play as realistic as possible - and see where I end up. Most of the time I get really attached to my first low-level team, and I try to stay there and watch our history build.

Needless to say, the option of starting unemployed is my saviour icon_wink.gif . Without it, there's no way I'd be playing as much as I am.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by asshole182:

Does a career game mean that you have to start unemployed?

How about starting with BSS/BSN teams? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The way I see it - yes, you have to start unemployed to realistically call it a career game.

Otherwise, you're putting yourself wherever you want to, instead of letting circumstances put you where you belong.

I would disagree with B. Stinson (and it seems, the majority on this thread)

I started with Aberdeen, because it's the club I support and the reason I buy this game is to see if I can do a better job than our current manager.

After moving clubs seven times (sometimes up, sometimes down, sometimes sacked) I won some stuff. After moving a further eleven times (sometimes successfully, sometimes not, sometimes sacked and once because I wasn't being paid enough by my current club) I returned to my roots and am currently trying to (finally) win stuff with Aberdeen.

To me this is more of a career game because it mirrors a real marager's career, with highs and lows at a variety of different clubs.

But essentially, I'm going to continue playing the game the way I like, and calling it what I like. And I'm not going to be particularly bothered, or going to change even if the general consensus is that i'm doing it wrong.

If people who start unemployed and then stick with the same club for the whole game want to call that a career game, then that's fine with me too.

Sort-of, but my rep was that of an unemployed international footballer so I got Spurs in 2010 (I holidayed until then to move the game on). I got a bit bored after two seasons so quit without another club to go to and ended up unemployed until 2014 (I got some offers but was holding out for a "big" club like Real or Inter or Arsenal), joined Ivory Coast, made it to the World Cup quarter finals, quit, joined Mexico, still couldn't get a top job, but am now with Aston Villa. Quit Mexico - international management is sooooo dull unless it's your home country.

To me, a career game is simply that - playing for a long run of years. Whether you move around a lot or stay with one club is the ultimate career decision, so there is no one right answer. Starting with a specific club or starting unemployed is a personal choice. Again, whatever appeals to you is the right answer.

Me, I like starting unemployed because I like the variety it gives me. I usually play with several nations active, so that also provides a lot of opportunity. In my current game, which I just started with the 8.0.2 patch, I started unemployed, then hooked on with Longford near the end of the 2007 season. I was able to keep them up and am now preparing for 2008. But the board is, in my view, unreasonable and so if I get a chance to move on, I will take it.

For fun I pick my fave team nornally, for a career I nearly always start unemployed, Currently loving my current save, taken me fro the Uk, to Korea and now in Argentina where had the best day of my life beating River after Passarella tried being all hard and smart mouthed with me, to beat them 3-0 and he got the sack right after the game lmao.

Gotta love FM and career games icon_cool.gif

My all time favorite career game was the last one I played in FM07. I started unemployed, hooked on with Pegaso Real de Colima in the Mexican First Division A, moved to Torpedo Moscow in the Russian First Division, then to FC Twente in Holland, then to Hertha Berlin in the Bundesliga, and finally to Inter in the Serie A. The only reason I stopped playing it was that FM08 came out.

closest thing i had to a career game was when i was at rennes then went to sevilla then to arsenal (wenger retired). It was quite fun but i didn't like leaving behind good players. I also dont like sevilla so all my results for a few years were a double edged sword.

started unemployed, got FC Moscow job (!) after turning down Gimnasia in Argentine 2nd div.

Russian management is madness, 4 (now 5) top quality teams, rest is cack, season starts/ends at daft times, Russian Cup runs inter-season, currently in 3rd season after finishing 8th then top, using wwfan's tactical theorem. Quality

I started unemployed with automatic background and got offered the Toluma (think that is the right spelling) job in the Chilean First Division B. Did awful and got sacked by july (season runs feb-nov). Somehow got offered the Universidad De Concepcion job in the First Division an managed to keep them up. Second season is 9 games in and another hard slog against relegation but my seasons take ages as I run every league in the game as I like the realism of it.

i started off as mk dons, got promoted first season, stabilised in league 1, then got promoted season after, currently sitting comfortably in championship after 3 seasons, with a squad that had an otside chance of reaching play offs, current strikers are hoiland and ephraim both worth 2.5 mill banging in goals and attractin premiership interest, finances are good aswell.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jonfun1980:

wow every league. How much game time does it take to do a week? a season etc? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I tend to play for several hours on a nighttime and can usually complete a month in a 3 hour session, but I also play extended highlights so alot of the time is actually match time if you follow.

i am at still skwl </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The phrase "No s**t sherlock" springs to mind...... icon_biggrin.gif

I always start unemployed!

Started current game and got Kayserispor job, took them to champs league knockout stages byt 2012, and have just agreed to leave for Fiorentina.

Its so much more interesting going somewhere you've never heard of than the usual 'big four' in the prem.

Archived