Manager Interaction

How many of you use the manager interaction as a part of the game. I use it on my main opponent Real Madrid, i am Barcelona. I don't know if it is just a fluke, but at the end of the sesong I use it if it is a close race. Last sesong I won the league in the last game of the sesong as I won and Real only managed a draw against Celta. Before the game I slammed the manager of Real and praised the Celta mangaer. And this year I am leading with 7 games left after I slammed the Real manager and praised the Mallorca manager. Mallorca won 2-1 at home. Mallorca is on 17th. The praising of the Mallorca manager had a realy good effect on the players. Many said the would do their best prove that I was right.

If a manager has a pop at me a few days before a match I always, always reply with an angry response. If a manager praises me and my club before a game I will always reply with a positive response therefore after a bit of time I become friends with that manager.

when i was building my way up the premiership with forest, i managed to sign 30 year old rafael van der vaart from man u for 5.75 million purely because i was on such good terms with ferguson. VdV's influence meant that instead of finishing 10-7th like the previous 3 years, i finished fourth on 82 points, which was only two points behind the league champions arsenal and only 1 point behind both newcastle and man u.

I always try to be on good terms with all managers, but these days everyones jealous of my squad and finaces and all my rival managers like roy keane(portsmouth), mark hughes(man u) and ince (arsenal) all hate me.

I got on great with Steve Bruce (Wigan). Unfortunately the were relagated, and I let him buy a few players from me. This resulted in Wigan coming straight back to the EPC - however, we were no longer friends! As it happens we soon built up another strong relationship. So obviously the slate is wiped clean on relegation and promotion? Has anyone elsea noticed this?

• 2 weeks later...

On more than one occasion have found it sealed a transfer deal due to good relations with manager, also 2 or 3 of my present squad are pleased to see attention being diverted to another club but you need to be careful here as some of my previous squads have had more players think I shouldn't be praising other clubs than have appreciated the diversion, which lowers the morale of the players concerned. But all in all have found it more positive than negative if used carefully. To test it, save the game before an interaction, make a comment, check your players and if too many negative responses reload the game and either change the comment and check again or carry on without any interaction.

I never use it, I find it has more disadvantages than advantages.

I've found the same thing. I like the idea of being able to exchange comments via the media, both good and bad, but it's not worth spending a lot of time on because the bad effects outweigh the good in nearly every case.

When it first came out in whatever version it was I used to make comments about my next opponents before every game, but I caused a total ruckus and stopped doing it pretty quickly.

Since then I only ever respond to comments from AI managers (and not always then either) which are quite rare.

^Ditto. I used to but then I found that my players were getting unhappy when I praised them so I stopped.

I ignore players when they say "Isn't convinced his manager should be praising other clubs".

As far as I'm concerned they play for me and the club pays their wages, if they don't like me praising another manager, they can go get stuffed.

I've never found praising another manager to have an adverse effect on my team's performances, and it is something you should do occasionally.

When it first came out in whatever version it was I used to make comments about my next opponents before every game, but I caused a total ruckus and stopped doing it pretty quickly.

Since then I only ever respond to comments from AI managers (and not always then either) which are quite rare.

Same here I only ever use it now when a AI manager makes a comment

Same here I only ever use it now when a AI manager makes a comment

Strangely enough, I've never once successfully instigated a "Media" war of words with an up-coming opponent, like a rival or whatever. It always failed for me and resulted in a shocking performance.

I do praise managers all the time but if a rival tries to start something I select the neutral option "Won't be drawn into commenting on the match/opponent/insulting the manager" etc...

I ignore players when they say "Isn't convinced his manager should be praising other clubs".

As far as I'm concerned they play for me and the club pays their wages, if they don't like me praising another manager, they can go get stuffed.

I've never found praising another manager to have an adverse effect on my team's performances, and it is something you should do occasionally.

Agree with you there wee aja, and most times at least 2 key players are glad I'm diverting attention.

Archived