How to improve club finances?

I've recently started a game as unemployed, and was offered a job at Chimney Corner(ireland).

When I arrived, the clubs finances were in turmoil.

I tried cutting down the wagebill, but my league form suffered.

Does anyone have any ideas on how I can get more money into the club?

Any help would be great

Cheers

I've recently started a game as unemployed, and was offered a job at Chimney Corner(ireland).

Any help would be great

Cheers

Arrange a few home friendlys would be good. When I was a big premiership club i would sell some unwanted reserve players.

try snappin up some freebies/low priced players and selling them on quickly.. arranging friendlies against bigger teams is always a good one... success in cups as well brings plenty in.

I'm currently managing chimney corner too and personally i ignore the bank balance, i keep inside my wage budget but i think you'll find it hard to arrange friendlies as no one seems to want to play the mighty Chimney Corner!

As long as you can do well they shouldn't sack you over finances anyway.

arranging friendlies may be hard but keep on trying, it's easyer in the preaseason to find suitable opponents

try lowering wages, sell some useles players or sell your best players and get some new ones free

and of course stick with the team and the finances can improve if you manage to get a reasonable team built and get winning games etc

Use this as a last case scenario;

Try to sell your star player for a lot of money. For example when I was managing in the Bulgarian B Group, I was barely making any money and was always over my wage budget for a few seasons plus I had no transfer kitty. I had no choice but to sell my star player and bring fresh legs in and reduce the wage budget AND get a transfer kitty. Use sell on clauses and monthly fees to your advantage so you can have sufficient payments coming in every month.

In my case, I managed to make a deal that allowed me to receive 40K a month for 24 months. Now that was jackpot for my team. Keep in mind this is in a lower Eastern Europe league.

For Chimney Corner it would prove a tricky job. I managed them for 2 seasons and after getting promotion (and winning a cup), I left due to the poor finances. Player values are so low, you'd be lucky to get £2k a season in prize money and not many high profile teams will play you in a friendly. We got £500 for winning the cup we won and there is no prize money in the opening rounds of almost all the cups. The wage budget was kept to the minimum possible. I think it was about half the wage budget I was given. I never signed any players for any transfer fee (mainly due to the fact that my transfer budget was always £0). It was tough but if you can ignore it but not let it get too out of hand and are able to get into the Setanta Cup/UEFA Cup/Champions League eventually that will boost your finances as that is where most of the money will lie.

• 1 month later...

Any help would be great

Cheers

Providing you're not averse to a little game manipulation, you could use an in-game editor (FMM 2.25 for 8.0.2 patch) to boost club finances. After several seasons with Lewes in LLs, I decided to up the ante in this way - including gates, stadium size, club facilities, wage and transfer allowances, and coaching attributes but without any changes to players - and now lead CC2 unbeaten halfway into first season after winning BSP last. I've also found more quality players now willing to sign, more clubs interested in my own players - 1st AND reserves - and significant increases in CAs for the host of young players with high potential I brought in on frees before making these changes.

I know what you mean NCFC Gee, noone wants to play me!

I've played as lower league teams all the time and have got teams like Viking and AGF to play me for big bucks, but no-one will play me!!!!

There is a way which is kind of cheating in one respect, but if you have a favourite Premier League team then I suppose it is not cheating.

Add a new user for a Enlish or Scottish Premier team and manage them, this way you could arrange friendlies between the 2 clubs and there you go.

Sorry if your not in to cheating.

Providing you're not averse to a little game manipulation, you could use an in-game editor (FMM 2.25 for 8.0.2 patch) to boost club finances. After several seasons with Lewes in LLs, I decided to up the ante in this way - including gates, stadium size, club facilities, wage and transfer allowances, and coaching attributes but without any changes to players - and now lead CC2 unbeaten halfway into first season after winning BSP last. I've also found more quality players now willing to sign, more clubs interested in my own players - 1st AND reserves - and significant increases in CAs for the host of young players with high potential I brought in on frees before making these changes.

I seriously dont understand why people who do this even bother with the game.I mean you may as well go and play a managerial game on the Playstation where you can put in a cheat and get unlimited budgets.FM should be played properly and unedited.

For the original poster,i myself love lower league management as i get bored buying players non-stop and winning everything.

You need to run the club in the right way,and always remain within the wage budget,if that means performances dropping then so be it,you should not jeopardise the long term future of your club to get fast tracked success for yourself.Get the club on a good level footing by arranging friendlies,picking up young players with potential on frees who will have a sell-on value and work with as small a squad as possible,this includes basically having no reserves or youth team players,lets face it f they are any way decent they will be in your first team squad.

Get the club financially stable and then go from there.

Arrange home friendlys with bigger clubs and sell players with the money coming in over 12/24 months, this way there is a constant flow of money in and you normally get more for the player. Also, offer players new contracts with less wages and no signing on fee (the older players normally accept).

the problem with the lower leagues in northern ireland is thats very hard to get anything more than a thousand for your players. when you get up to the higher reaches you still find that most teams only buy free transfers, the financial state of northern irish football in general is pretty poor.

Never spend more than your transfer budget, so only pay cash when buying players and don't use the monthly payment method.

Everytime you sell a player try to get 50% or more of it payed over 24 months, you'll be rich before you know it. It'll start slowly but your finances will eventually skyrocket.

Fixed!

Chimney Corner are basically a pub team the chance of you building any sort of budget is impossible tbh.

Not true, if you stick with it it's possible.

I have them now as the only professional side in N Ireland with a bank balance of 12.5 mil and growing all the time.

Getting into the All Ireland cup is a massive help as you'll get £130k at the start and another £85k after even if you don't win it, you get more if you win the cup too but i forget how much that is.

Simply get players in from the Prem and Championship when their respective clubs release them on frees and build a sqaud that way.

I've sold many of those players once they improved for sums upto £1m which in N Ireland is huge amounts of money.

It's now got to the stage where my training and youth facilities are the best they can be and we don't buy anyone anymore, it's just a case of bringing through the talent.

So it is possible and not even all that difficult if you choose to sign the free players as mentioned earlier in this post.

Do you actually get any talent through your own system? That's the way I'd always like to manage every club, but I've not had a single good youth player at any of my clubs in FM08, or at least not at a club who are competing at a vaguely decent level - I've thrown some young Icelandic kids into my starting line-up, but they wouldn't cut it in Europe.

I do now i have the facilites but bear in mind that this is at Northern Ireland where the level required to make it is much lower but i've got a couple of 17 years olds who came through last season who care forever being chased by the likes of Man Utd and Chelsea and most of the players coming through aren't far off their level.

I seriously dont understand why people who do this even bother with the game.I mean you may as well go and play a managerial game on the Playstation where you can put in a cheat and get unlimited budgets.FM should be played properly and unedited.

For the original poster,i myself love lower league management as i get bored buying players non-stop and winning everything.

You need to run the club in the right way,and always remain within the wage budget,if that means performances dropping then so be it,you should not jeopardise the long term future of your club to get fast tracked success for yourself.Get the club on a good level footing by arranging friendlies,picking up young players with potential on frees who will have a sell-on value and work with as small a squad as possible,this includes basically having no reserves or youth team players,lets face it f they are any way decent they will be in your first team squad.

And I seriously don’t understand, unless I’m in the wrong forum, why some people can’t keep their opinions to themselves when the original poster asked, instead, for ideas which, after all, need not be acted upon. To suggest that once someone has purchased their game they should play it to some puritanical set of rules misses the whole point – fm is meant to be played for fun, it isn’t the real world.

Indeed, it might just be the case that a player would wish to manage their favourite small town club in the upper reaches without spending endless seasons trying in vain to get there. Besides which, much thought still needs to be applied to tactics, training, morale, media, and all the other facets of fm management, otherwise the team will likely as not struggle regardless of who it has signed. In fact, I have several games running in a range of different scenarios, some edited some not, so as to gain the maximum experience and, yes, enjoyment from my copy of fm.

I agree. However occasionally I create my own club and then everything goes out of the window!

Archived