Nicklas Bendtner

Fixtures:

Saturday 9/6 18.00 CET

Netherlands-Denmark

Wednesday 13/6 18.00 CET

Denmark-Portugal

Sunday 17/6 20.45 CET

Denmark-Germany

With this squad and a extremly tough group, I really can't see them advancing to the quarterfinals. Personally I'd say that one win at this tournament would bve a success

Will Eriksen be a starter? I guess so, but how do the Danes think of Eriksen?

Definetly! He's probably the most important player for Denmark. Nobody else has his technique or creativity

He's very liked by the Danish fans, as he's a nice guy. And everyone knows that he's our best player

Simon Poulsen was MOTM for me yesterday. Unstoppable down the left. :thup:

I thought it was Krohn-Dehli and then Agger. Then Stephan Andersen.

I really, really, really, dislike Simon Poulsen so I'm probably biased against him. So insecure, so uncomposed. Always gets us into trouble. Can never cross the ball properly. Always hits the defender.

I thought it was Krohn-Dehli and then Agger. Then Stephan Andersen.

I really, really, really, dislike Simon Poulsen so I'm probably biased against him. So insecure, so uncomposed. Always gets us into trouble. Can never cross the ball properly. Always hits the defender.

Krohn-Dehli was good in the first half, but most attacking players disappeared in the second half (apart from Rommedahl imo). I agree, Agger and Andersen were brilliant also.

He ran around a lot without being that effective. I think he might have let a Dutch player into the penalty area to get a shot a couple of times.

Agree with you that Krohn-Dehli was probably best, looked calmer and smarter when he had the ball to not give it away too often, and he scored a good goal.

You can tell he used to be a winger.

Actually, he is more of a wide midfielder than a winger. Which is part of the reason he plays on left back at AZ: He isn't very effective on the wing and in Holland most teams use wingers and expect them to score 10 goals a season.

He ran around a lot without being that effective. I think he might have let a Dutch player into the penalty area to get a shot a couple of times.

Agree with you that Krohn-Dehli was probably best, looked calmer and smarter when he had the ball to not give it away too often, and he scored a good goal.

In my opinion, Simon Poulsen especially lacks composure and decision making. He has got all the technical skills and is reasonably fast.

He usually keeps the ball at his feet for too long allowing the opposition to put pressure on him. Then he rushes to pass to a teammate as though he is surprised he didn't have more time. More often than not, he passes to a teammate very near him which means the same player pressuring Simon Poulsen can also put pressure on the teammate. Very disturbing for the confidence of the whole team as we give away quite a few balls this way or are forced to rush our play.

Furthermore, few of his cross ever pass the opposition defender which means many potential chances are wasted. Incidentially, our goal last night happened after one of his blocked crosses ended up at Krohn-Dehli's feet :)

I just meant that rather whimsically, as he looked suspect defending.

I know and I agree. Sorry if it wasn't clear in my reply :)

Krohn-Dehli had definitely been instructed to track back and help defend against Robben.

• SI Staff

Thought it was a distinctively average game and Denmark was generally poor. Probably worse than Holland - just shrewd. Nobody really stood out for me, although the central players had things reasonably sorted out together. Still amazed how someone as average as Krohn-Dehli managed to score, although it was a lot of luck. Good finish though. Not great by Stekelenburg but still credit to the forward is due.

Thought it was a distinctively average game and Denmark was generally poor. Probably worse than Holland - just shrewd. Nobody really stood out for me, although the central players had things reasonably sorted out together. Still amazed how someone as average as Krohn-Dehli managed to score, although it was a lot of luck. Good finish though. Not great by Stekelenburg but still credit to the forward is due.

As Kvist wasn't having much luck with collecting the ball from defense and distributing it, him and Zimling actually decided to swap roles very early on. I am surprised this went well.

Archived