AI Activating Minimum Fee Release Clause?

Does this happen very often and is the AI even programmed to recognise if a player has one?

The reason I ask is because I bought a player for £13.5M but he would only sign if his minimum fee release clause was set to £27M. This player has been prolific for me so far and is still fairly young. I imagine he'll be making quite a name for himself and generating a lot of interest from some of the bigger clubs.

For this reason I am considering trying to offer him a new contract in a few months or maybe at the end of the season to try and get rid of this clause, however, i will need to pay another agent fee and other high costs which isn't ideal. Do you think I'd be safe to leave his minimum fee release clause at £27M for another couple of years or should I offer him a new contract in the near future to try and get rid of it?

If you feel that the player should be a major transfer target it might be worth posting about this in the bugs forum, any save games that show odd transfer activity or in this case non-activity should be investigated.

I assume the player has a decent amount of time left on his contract & there are £20m+ deals happening in your game.

In different FM's I've sold players where the AI activated the minimum fee release clause.

Do you risk your player will get sold? - well it depends on his value and rep and your club/league rep. But most likely he will get sold (eventually) if his rep is at least continental and his value exceeds half the minimum fee release clause. That's my experience, anyways.

If you feel that the player should be a major transfer target it might be worth posting about this in the bugs forum, any save games that show odd transfer activity or in this case non-activity should be investigated.

I assume the player has a decent amount of time left on his contract & there are £20m+ deals happening in your game.

He will be a major transfer target, IMO, but not just now. I'm not far into the season so he hasn't had enough time to prove himself - that will happen in the coming months. I'm not concerned with the transfer activity, I was just wondering how likely it would be for teams to activate his minimum fee release clause.

He will be a major transfer target, IMO, but not just now. I'm not far into the season so he hasn't had enough time to prove himself - that will happen in the coming months. I'm not concerned with the transfer activity, I was just wondering how likely it would be for teams to activate his minimum fee release clause.

As an experiment, set a good player that you may want to sell on soon (a 30y.o for instance) up with a release clause of 0 and see if any AI club becomes interested. I'd say you will be fine...

A player of mine a couple of seasons back had like a £1M release clause, I managed to get rid of it like 2 years later and have just sold him for like £5M. I suppose this kind of shows that club's don't jump at release clauses because there were a few clubs interested when he had the clause.

I'm starting to think they don't really see the clauses all too well because it has happened more than once that teams have offered me more money and future clauses for players than what their minimum fee has been set at. Not saying it wont happen though. I have also found that it is difficult to get rid of a minimum fee if they player or agent is set on having one, so I usually just set it at an amount that I find acceptable and lock it in. Wages and bonuses are likely to take a huge jump upwards with this and I wouldn't advice to do it on all that many players because that could hurt the finances if you aren't filthy rich. For that reason it also might be worth being realistic about it and not put it at 200million if you feel you can sell him for 40 or 50.

I would say that the AI does recognise clauses, but my experience is based on when the clause is quite low.

For example as I rise through the leagues I have had players signed when having a 5 million release clause seemed like loads of money, but then I get into the premiership and EPL clubs just steal him straight off me.

I have never seen, for example, a club active an £83 million clause like Hulk supposedly has

In my save Fellaini's agent insisted on an £11.5M release clause, I actually wanted higher. Chelsea came in with a bid of £22m which the board accepted as it meets the release clause.

Fellaini rejected the contract, obviously Roman couldn't meet his wage demands. The problem is I fully expect another bid from Chelsea, only this time at the value of the release clause, as it would mean the £11M they saved from their first attempt will go into compensating his wage demands. Essentially a world class player going for next to nix.

i bought a great Argentinian DM for 7.4 million.... i forgot all bout the minimum fee release clause and in january chelsea came in and bid 15million which i couldnt do nothing about and the player join chelsea.... the next year i bought another Argentinian Striker and his clause was set for 20 million after paying the agent to raise it up abit... he was my top goalscorer and teams were sniffing around come january so i didnt wait from him to get robbed again and offered him a new contract and set it at 27 million... loads off teams still want him but no offers have came in so far nearly two years later...

I don't mind higher minimum release clauses, as from my understanding it does not stop Clubs from making a bid. It does however mean you still get to choose whether you accept the bid, low minimum release clauses can remove that option if the player is attracting attention

I don't like the "Minimum release fee" or the "Match highest earner" clauses and try my damnedest to get them removed; unfortunately once the agent introduces either of these clauses they are absolutely the last things he wants to remove. Most agents will shift on any other feature rather than remove these two clauses. Even moving up the amount of "Minimum release" is next to impossible.

The highest match earner is a nasty one agreed, and I will not have it. I have let contract discussions go as a result. I have been fortunate to renegotiate with the player at a later date to a successful outcome

Just like real life clubs do not know minumum release clauses (unless it's leaked into the press)

I'm not sure we/us should be able to see players release clauses

Going back to the original question, I don't think AI does either as the Fellaini example above indicates.

Just like real life clubs do not know minumum release clauses (unless it's leaked into the press)

I would agree that in most cases the value of the clause should not be known until as a minimum the player is scouted & even then your scouts should not always give an accurate figure, more along the lines of 'my sources indicate the player has a release fee of £xm', he might be bang on, under or even over.

The only time the exact amount should be known is if the player's agent contacts you or the clause is a required & published aspect of the contract (Spain being an example although that is a buy-out clause which is slightly different)

Man utd bid 37.5m end of last seaon on my leicester save which was my wingers buyout clause. He was only valued at 12m but had tonnes of assists that season and there wasnt any press release to say they were interested and no clubs on the interested screen thought i was safe and then boom they bid and he joined em. tho he hasnt performed aswell as he did for me hehe

Real Madrid poached Shinji Kagawa on my Dortmund FM11 save after meeting his minimum fee release clause. On FM12, I signed Khouma Babacar on relatively low wages to fit my structure, but had to compromise and give him a £975k MFRC. Come January, he had been so prolific that Inter were sniffing around and were about the bid the £975k, so I managed to offer him a new contract on the same wages and remove the release clause. It can happen, perhaps wait a while until you think teams are going to start coming in for him and then offer a better contract.

This just happened to me.

I just signed a new contract with Jack Wilshere. He wanted a 43.5m release clause. Didn't think much of it.

The only team that I never sell to is Man City. And they bid for him at 43.5m.

Because I had only negotiated a new contract I could not again offer him a contract, there was absolutely no way to persuade him to stay???!!!!

So I added a new manager as Man City and cancelled the transfer. Only because it was Man City. Couldn't give a crap if anyone says it's cheating. I don't want to sell to Man City.

And the fact I can't persuade him to stay - no option to do so - I feel justified in doing that.

Going back to the original question, I don't think AI does either as the Fellaini example above indicates.

I had never thought of this before, but I think it would be a worthwhile addition. We can either find out through extensive scouting of the player or through Harry Redknapp's next press conference where he leaks it to the press.

This just happened to me.

I just signed a new contract with Jack Wilshere. He wanted a 43.5m release clause. Didn't think much of it.

The only team that I never sell to is Man City. And they bid for him at 43.5m.

Because I had only negotiated a new contract I could not again offer him a contract, there was absolutely no way to persuade him to stay???!!!!

So I added a new manager as Man City and cancelled the transfer. Only because it was Man City. Couldn't give a crap if anyone says it's cheating. I don't want to sell to Man City.

And the fact I can't persuade him to stay - no option to do so - I feel justified in doing that.

Cheater :p;)

I bought Miralem Pjanić for £11million on an early FM12 save and he insisted on a minimum release clause of approx £20million and six months after joining Man Utd offered exactly that and when I tried to offer a new contract he wasn't interested in negotiating(not a champions league side yet). As I didn't want to sell to another premier league team I offered him out for the minimum release price and sold to Inter Milan instead. I therefore believe that they do recognise these but I will always try to avoid players who insist on this clause unless it is massive. I NEVER sign a player who insists on a match highest clause regardless of how good he is.

Can't be sure if this would work but you could try setting his asking to £100million as with most payers if I set this value no-one ever bids for them.

I tried my hardest to get the minimum fee release clause up but the agent would not adjust it from £27M. I had to agree to it, the player is far too good! He has scored 14 goals in like 5 games so far so it's likely a top team will come in for him in the near future (I hope not).

Cheater :p;)

I actually feel even more vindicated, because I just realised, I didn't offer Wilshere a new contract.

I had signed Mesut Ozil on 160k a week. And Wilshere had a "match highest earner".

When City met his buy out clause - he wouldn't negotiate a new contract with me.

I think that's rather silly.

That's another thing - the match highest earner clause is broken. If you have multiple players with this clause the amount keeps multiplying. So, if a couple of players should get a wage hike to £8,000 (for arguments sake) they actually end up on something like £15,000. It's very weird, I started a thread about it not long ago and I know some people had the same issue - I never got round to uploading my save into the bugs forum though.

If you are interested: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/294949-Match-Highest-Earner-Clause?highlight=match+highest+earner

I had never thought of this before, but I think it would be a worthwhile addition. We can either find out through extensive scouting of the player or through Harry Redknapp's next press conference where he leaks it to the press.

HA HA very good

It might be a good thing, imagine bidding for a player (who is worth £10million) say £6million and it's automatically accepted due to MFRC. Would be quite exciting (as you wouldn't know about it at first). Someone above mentioned about the agent letting you know about the MFRC. That would be a great idea. You can make it public you are interested in a XYZ and the agent contacts you directly to advise of the MFRC if the player is interested.

Archived