Playing FM12 Through Remote Desktop...

Ok, so at work I have access to the program Teamviwer. My question is can I use this to play FM12. I know the bitrate and resolution become locked on some of these programmes, but is this possible to do with FM12?

If not I think it's going to be a 'bring the laptop to work' job.

Maybe if some of FM's techy's could also get involved cause this is a pretty good question if I may say so myself. :p

regards,

Jay Eaves aka Lord Dakier

its should be ok with any remote desktop software.

The only issues I forsee are will be in 3d as your local machine is likely less performant in the GPU department than your home pc. Also expect some jumping when watching matches as you'll be subject to demand peaks via the ISP you are using to connect with

I'm not familiar with "Teamviewer" but from past experience remote desktop programmes aren't compatible with playing FM.

The amount of information that needs to be sent is simply too much for the connection to handle.

I disagree. Been doing it for years with logmein and it works fine bar viewing the matches. Edit :Of course it depends on network connections etc.

Ok, so at work I have access to the program Teamviwer. My question is can I use this to play FM12. I know the bitrate and resolution become locked on some of these programmes, but is this possible to do with FM12?

If not I think it's going to be a 'bring the laptop to work' job.

Maybe if some of FM's techy's could also get involved cause this is a pretty good question if I may say so myself. :p

regards,

Jay Eaves aka Lord Dakier

Why would you play FM at work? Surely you should be.....working?

I disagree. Been doing it for years with logmein and it works fine bar viewing the matches. Edit :Of course it depends on network connections etc.

Really?

I use logmein as well and could access most programmes from my laptop but FM would just freeze even before loading a save.

Saying that I think FM09 was the last time I tried.

I used to play FM 2011 over teamviewer, it ran decently but the 3d view was abit choppy but not too bad. Had to fiddle a bit with the settings to find a good balance between speed and quality. You are rather dependant on a good connection though.

Hmm, gotta check the remote desktop gaming aganin later on. Used to play FM11 through Windows Remote Desktop, but when I gave FM12 a go, it just crashed right away. Didn't really give it more thought then, but seeing as it should be working, maybe I'll tinker with it a little more :)

Ive been playing both FM11 and FM12 with my iPad2 using Splashtop Remote and it works just fine, also the 3d.

Only problem is the resolution, its not as good as I would hope, but if were talking about pc>pc streaming I cant imagine there being any problems...

• 2 years later...

Archived