Flares!?!? Awesome!

I think there's already a thread on this, but it is a brilliant thing. Never crossed my mind it would be introduced.

I just hope SI have made sure you only get flares where it would be realistic. I wouldn't want to see a flare at Chelmsford City vs. Bromley, for example.

I think there's already a thread on this, but it is a brilliant thing. Never crossed my mind it would be introduced.

I just hope SI have made sure you only get flares where it would be realistic. I wouldn't want to see a flare at Chelmsford City vs. Bromley, for example.

I just finished three full seasons in MLS and never saw them (though, to be fair, for matches in Chicago, they should definitely be there), so I think they have got it right.

• 4 weeks later...

I played a CL game in Poland and saw them. They were in the same place, one in each half of the game so obviously the same person brought them in. Nice touch. Didn't see any against Fenerbache tho! Barrow tho?!

Aren't they illegal in the UK? I know that doesn't stop most things being available but lighting a flare is a pretty good way of saying "hey look at me!" Anyway, by flares, did you mean your trousers flapped in the wind lil ole me? :-P

Im really suprised they are at the Barrow game, even if it is a big occasion

They featured in the promo pre-release videos with AFC Wimbledon but Miles Jacobsen suggested that they would only occur where realistic in the actual game, that they were only at AFC Wimbldeon in the video because they could only use certain clubs in their promotional material.

I've seen some at non-league games rarely, so seeing just one at Barrow in such an historic game for them seems realistic enough to me.

It was in a new stadium and it was the first game on the season in the premier league so i can see why.......Barrow must have europeans on the bandwagon!!!

More realistic than you'd think. http://www.aboutmyarea.co.uk/Essex/Maldon/CM9/News/Sport/210389-Chelmsford-City-4-0-AFC-Telford-United-

The Telford fans' frustration manifested itself in the lighting of a flare behind the goal, which was quickly dealt with by stadium staff, but they could do nothing about what was happening on the pitch as Phil Trainer attacked a corner kick with his head at the far post without success.

Archived