Bought the game in Istanbul, Turkey, but I can't find Turkish language file ?

BSX

There is no Turkish language available...

This is because SI Games claim that in Turkey, only a small amount of number of people buy the original copies although FM is very very popular in the country.

However, this year, i am very hopeful as i have the feedback that quite big number of people actually purchased the original game. We will see the figures.

I must add that i never agreed with SI decision of not adding the language due to piracy reasons.. They put even Czech language but not Turkish?? I am very sure that more people would actually buy the game if there was Turkish language available.. I mean come on, you go on a market where not alot of people speak in English, try to sell your product without offering their language ??? And then you say but people dont buy our original product??

Doesnt make sense for me..

Finally, i know that Turksportal is working on the language and you should be / will be able to download the language pack from there.

Well, in order to buy FM I've spent 2 days doing following shops:

-Saturn Istiklal

-Saturn Marmara Forum

-Teknosa Cevahir

---> The game was sold out and these are huge shops really

Finally found the game at another Teknosa shop at Taksim

I really don't think FM sells less copies in Turkey compared to other nations which's languages are included in the game...

Well, in order to buy FM I've spent 2 days doing following shops:

-Saturn Istiklal

-Saturn Marmara Forum

-Teknosa Cevahir

---> The game was sold out and these are huge shops really

Finally found the game at another Teknosa shop at Taksim

I really don't think FM sells less copies in Turkey compared to other nations which's languages are included in the game...

I agree with you 100 %

I'm 100% sure that it was sold out, because I have seen the empty racks myself. And I'm 100% sure the game sells much more in Turkey compared to countries like Czech Rep, Poland, Norway, Sweden, Belgium...

But no problem, our people can make their own language file.

I don't think I'll buy another FM in the future if it hasn't Turkish language.

I agree that SI seem to have been a bit weird with the languages this year.

Leaving out languages like Turkish, restricting the Russian version to only Russian because in the past it has been the earliest version to be cracked. You'd think that if they had confidence in the safety that Steam provides then they wouldn't have had to worry about the Russian version being cracked early and so could have had English in it.

Why don't they just do what a lot of games do, have every language available for every version. Or they could make the language files available on their website, so if you bought the russian version but wanted to play it in English then you could just download the English language file and away you go.

I must add that i never agreed with SI decision of not adding the language due to piracy reasons.

That's a bit misleading. SI haven't added in the Turkish language files because their market research presumably suggests that they wouldn't sell enough copies to make back the outlay required to translate the game (I seem to remember that the guesstimated cost was well into 6 digits). Evidently, there is a greater risk that they will lose money than gain money compared to not releasing it in Turkish at all.

That's a bit misleading. SI haven't added in the Turkish language files because their market research presumably suggests that they wouldn't sell enough copies to make back the outlay required to translate the game (I seem to remember that the guesstimated cost was well into 6 digits). Evidently, there is a greater risk that they will lose money than gain money compared to not releasing it in Turkish at all.

6 digits?????????

You gotta be kidding O_o 5 digits, I could see (and not close to 4 digits at all), but 6 is kind of overkill, isn't it?

It makes you learn English, be happy.

I'm still amazed how I got around playing this game when I was 10 years old, speaking only Icelandic. I said Negotiate wrong until I was 14, still remember how silly that word sounded in my head :p

So yeah moral of the story, learn other languages than your own, its good for you.

• 5 weeks later...
I'm 100% sure that it was sold out, because I have seen the empty racks myself. And I'm 100% sure the game sells much more in Turkey compared to countries like Czech Rep, Poland, Norway, Sweden, Belgium...

But no problem, our people can make their own language file.

I don't think I'll buy another FM in the future if it hasn't Turkish language.

From what I've heard the game sells substantially less in Turkey than in any of these countries. Norway and Sweden in particular are huge markets.

Is there a need for any language outside English anyway? The command of English you need for FM is certainly kindergarten level.

Talk about living up to the English stereotype...

By the way, is there a Russian language file anywhere?

From what I've heard the game sells substantially less in Turkey than in any of these countries. Norway and Sweden in particular are huge markets.

As a Norwegian myself I can confirm it's huge here. The Norwegian site for FM has over 52,000 registered members, although not everyone there buys every version, it gives you a small pinpoint to how huge it is in a country with just below 5 million inhabitants.

Archived