Patch 12.3 GRRRRRR

What changes would you not want from this very small list?

Competition

===========

USA

===

- Fixed a crash on season turnover when adding MLS into the game without having it loaded at game start.

- Fixed Vancouver, Portland and Philadelphia not having Academy players properly generated.

- Fixed a crash when playing with two human managers and one of them was claiming a player waived by the other human manager.

General

=======

- Fixed an issue where adding a league was causing more people then needed to be loaded into the game.

Editor

======

- Fixed an issue with international competitions sometimes getting the wrong number of teams from a continent.

Match

=====

- Fixed scaling of distance run stat in match stats.

Training

========

- Included positioning training to goalkeeper shot stopping training

I turned automatic updates from Steam OFF but it has still downloaded the latest patch.

This is a joke SI.

How can I remove patch 12.3 and continue my savegame on 12.2??

Thanks

a) why would you want to turn off updates that improve the game performance?

b) the patch wasn't 12.3, it was 12.0.3. There have been no changes to the database, merely a handful of bugfixes.

again this is 12.0.3 not 12.3 meaning database changes = 0 and I do believe RTE still works for my game

FMRTE doesn't work with the latest update.

Why are we forced to have our games patched.

This steam thing is an absolute joke.

So is there any way to delete the update????????

It's your business if you want to use FMRTE, so fair enough. But why would you need to use it all the time, to the point where you cannt wait for it to be updated ? Surely you've made the changes you need with FMRTE ? Why the constant need ?

It's your business if you want to use FMRTE, so fair enough. But why would you need to use it all the time, to the point where you cannt wait for it to be updated ? Surely you've made the changes you need with FMRTE ? Why the constant need ?

Wondering that too.

true it actually does need to be updated but yeah as tubbs says how often do you need to use RTE it'd hardly take a couple days to update so why the stress? what could you possibly need to continuously alter about the game?

Since FMRTE is a third party application and not officially supported by SI, it's really not a concern of theirs.

I can't imagine why you'd need FMRTE so desperately.

Maybe you should just play the game as intended?

Hey guys,

lets be fair.

He owns the game. if he wants to used fmrte every 5 minutes... that up to him!

I use it as a Scouting tool.

Pure and simple.

And it is the fact that SI are forcing us to have ALL the updates as the option in Steam to turn them off does not work. This has been reported before.

Its amazing that 'Pirates' are the ones that hurt the gaming industry and yet it is always the honest customer who feels the affects of the industries response.

Could you not just scout conventionally for a couple of days ?

I fully appreciate your right to play the game as you see fit. But to complain about a Software house that provides such customer service, simply because you (temporarily) cannot carry on cheating for a couple of days is churlish to say the least.

Not too sure what sort of reaction you are after on here ?

I turned automatic updates from Steam OFF but it has still downloaded the latest patch.

People are pointedly ignoring his post. Taking it on face value,

He disabled the automatic update.

It updated automatically.

It's called a bug, and he shouldn't be criticised for it.

What if a save game incompatible patch comes out? What if a patch with a new game breaking bug comes out?

So what you're saying is don't improve the game with automatic patching so you can use a third party editor? Sorry mate but that's a bit silly. Maybe SI shouldn't remove bugs anymore until they can ficnd out when the next version of FMRTE is coming out :p

lol...nice one Centurion :D

So what you're saying is don't improve the game with automatic patching so you can use a third party editor? Sorry mate but that's a bit silly. Maybe SI shouldn't remove bugs anymore until they can ficnd out when the next version of FMRTE is coming out :p

No - I am saying dont FORCE us to have the latest updates.

The option to turn them off on Steam does NOT work and tbf to SI they have informed Steam of this.

However Steam is the main provider of this game for SI and it is their responsibility to ensure that Steam is working correctly.

Or they could treat us like adults and have a simple boxed game that doesn't require half the hassle this does. And maybe one day we can have the option succesfully to choose which patch version we are playing.

He owns the game. if he wants to used fmrte every 5 minutes... that up to him!

Not quite - he owns a license to play the game. SI/Sega can force updates upon him if they so wish.

The issue is that he's used to the existing system, where you could download patches manually. That's the 'problem' of the community and how FM has evolved over the past few years, not of SI/Sega, and their objective should be to improve the game for the majority, and the majority won't play using FMRTE.

I think you are missing the point here.

If he wants to use FMrte all the time, it's his rights.

If he chooses to not update automatically... it's his rights.

If Steam, for some kind of bug (i dont know), update the game, even when the user says he dont wont automatically updates, then something must be wrong, and must be fixed.

No - I am saying dont FORCE us to have the latest updates.

The option to turn them off on Steam does NOT work and tbf to SI they have informed Steam of this.

However Steam is the main provider of this game for SI and it is their responsibility to ensure that Steam is working correctly.

Or they could treat us like adults and have a simple boxed game that doesn't require half the hassle this does. And maybe one day we can have the option succesfully to choose which patch version we are playing.

To be fair, you point is very valid. Forced updates are wrong. Perhaps mentioning the reason for you not wanting to update (FMRTE) distracted some of us from your valid point...apologies !

Not quite - he owns a license to play the game. SI/Sega can force updates upon him if they so wish.

I dont agree with you. SI/SEGA cannot force the updates on us.

We have the right to choose if we want the uptade or not.

SI/SEGA can recommend the update for a better experience playing the game. But forces us to download it?? NO! OF COURSE NOT!

SI do have an obligation however to ensure that their provider Steam is working correctly.

They should be pushing the 'automatic update' that is broken in Steam upon them and getting them to fix it.

As was pointed out above what happens if a patch is released that contains a game-breaking bug or is not save game compatible??

They should be pushing the 'automatic update' that is broken in Steam upon them and getting them to fix it.

In another thread, Neil Brock said that he alread talk about this issue with steam. I'm sure SI/SEGA will do everything (as they always do) to help this to be fixed! :)

Elohir and KS are on the ball. This isn't a thread about FMRTE; it's about the patch. FWIW I was using FMRTE too but chose to update, mainly for the goalkeeping fix.

Now here's my point to the OP: I also turned off auto update and put Steam offline. The patch did not download for me until I put Steam online and changed 'do not automatically update'. After the download I restored those 2 settings - do not auto update AND play FM offline.

Did you do that?

I think you are missing the point here.

If he wants to use FMrte all the time, it's his rights.

If he chooses to not update automatically... it's his rights.

It's not his rights. And if you read the EULA that you agree to when installing the game, then you'll see that from a purely technical point of view, SI/Sega are perfectly entitled to force an update to their game.

I'm not saying that Steam doesn't have a bug by updating a game he has requested not to be automatically updated though, merely pointing out what he does own and his rights.

I'm sure it must be frustrating if you use FMRTE.

It's not his rights. And if you read the EULA that you agree to when installing the game, then you'll see that from a purely technical point of view, SI/Sega are perfectly entitled to force an update to their game.

Could you please show me this in the EULA?

Elohir and KS are on the ball. This isn't a thread about FMRTE; it's about the patch. FWIW I was using FMRTE too but chose to update, mainly for the goalkeeping fix.

Now here's my point to the OP: I also turned off auto update and put Steam offline. The patch did not download for me until I put Steam online and changed 'do not automatically update'. After the download I restored those 2 settings - do not auto update AND play FM offline.

Did you do that?

I selected the option to turn off updates from the library and that was it.

Archived