How Steam Saved My Life

Reading a post here Thursday am it reminder me that I hadn't received confirmation from Amazon that my FM12 had been sent and was in the post for receipt Thursday or Friday am....like normal

Logged onto my Amazon account and I nearly died........being prepared for dispatch, expected delivery 24-26 October. How could they do this to me?

Long journey home from Yorkshire to the west country, arrived home at 10pm, set Celebrity Juice to record greet family eat some food then straight onto PC to purchase FM12

Wow, look at thos download speeds 700+kb/s.

Few glasses of wine with the mrs, popped back..it was downloaded and de-encryption kicked off before the scheduled midnight time

FM2012 ready to play, no waiting until next week

Steam...you saved my life. Now can you tell Mrs Pompey I do love her but FM12 is now my mistress :D

Thanks ;)

Steam gets a lot of stick so I thought I'd post my experience with FM this year.

In case you didn't know you will also need to download the data editor from steam

DVD Box - For those that have to pay for downloads and want to instal locally then its fine, especially if you want multiple installs e.g. home pc and laptop (and I know only 1 is allowed to be running at any time :D)

Hope you enjoy the game guys

I still wonder why someone still chose the boxed version when you can help the environment choosing the digital version that BTW comes straight in time like a Swiss train.

Because it's cheaper!

I actually saved 18€ by buying a boxed version. Prices on Steam are just absurd!

Because it's cheaper!

I actually saved 18€ by buying a boxed version. Prices on Steam are just absurd!

I payed, thanks to a forumer voucher , 22 pounds from greenmangaming and then downloaded via Steam.

If you had bought directly from Steam I would have paid 50 euros in my country so I agree at 50%.

I still wonder why someone still chose the boxed version when you can help the environment choosing the digital version that BTW comes straight in time like a Swiss train.

Screw the environment! I have nothing against steam, I just like something tangible.

I downloaded two versions of this last night, my copy and one for my mate who doesnt have the net at the moment, both were flawless and installed without any issues, goodbye the weekend for us!! :)

I am very biased but i love steam, the download only took about 10 minutes on each computer, paid for both using paypal which also had no issues. Happy times.

I have been downloading FM from Steam since FM 2008 version and I have never had a single issue.

I am not saying that Steam is peanuts for everyone but it is correct to moan when there are valid reasons, it is also fair to compliment when everything is fine.

i personally prefer boedx one, only thing i hated was to insert DVDs, but with on-line activation system, i have zero problem now with boxed DVDs

what is the different .. i tell you one, i was playing FM12 demo 3 days ago, and my internet went down.. tried to play demo as usual, game couldn't connect to my steam account, had to wait 4 hours till be able to play the demo again and internet is back.

i have limited time .. as working all the time, so to be hold on ransom with Steam, is not ideal, with DVD box, you just needed to activate it and no hassle, you are free after that. you in the other hand will be held in ransom to internet connection or may be even server problems with steam or maintenance in steam...etc.

beside i love collecting my games in BOX and gather all boxes beside each other

regarding the argument about environment friendly, well, connecting to internet all the time, and using steam server and downloading on-line every time you need to re-isntal the game is not better environment wise. ex: i kept my pc running 4 hours trying to connect to steam to play the demo, with DVD i could had saved 4 hours that day of energy wasted.

At my 150KB/s download speed that Swiss train runs a little slow for me. I'll always get a boxed version.

i personally prefer boedx one, only thing i hated was to insert DVDs, but with on-line activation system, i have zero problem now with boxed DVDs

what is the different .. i tell you one, i was playing FM12 demo 3 days ago, and my internet went down.. tried to play demo as usual, game couldn't connect to my steam account, had to wait 4 hours till be able to play the demo again and internet is back.

i have limited time .. as working all the time, so to be hold on ransom with Steam, is not ideal, with DVD box, you just needed to activate it and no hassle, you are free after that. you in the other hand will be held in ransom to internet connection or may be even server problems with steam or maintenance in steam...etc.

beside i love collecting my games in BOX and gather all boxes beside each other

regarding the argument about environment friendly, well, connecting to internet all the time, and using steam server and downloading on-line every time you need to re-isntal the game is not better environment wise. ex: i kept my pc running 4 hours trying to connect to steam to play the demo, with DVD i could had saved 4 hours that day of energy wasted.

If your internet sometimes goes down i would def suggest setting your steam to offline mode next time you are online and only ever changing it to update the game, that way you will not have that problem again :)

Archived