Subbing players who have a hattrick for standing ovation?

Smurf

I tend to do it. One game for England, I had 3 players who had played a blinder, and I subbed them off one after the other rather than all at the same time. First Rooney, who scored a hatrick and got 3 assists, then Gerrard who got 2 goals and an assist, then my regen striker who got 3 goals and 4 assists(10 rating). We won 9-0 and those 3 all got their own little bits of applause just for them.

I don't do it every time but I probably do do it about 75% of the time.

One thing that annoys me is when you substitute a player on two goals and you always get the stupid inane question in the press conference about whether you've annoyed him or not. Not once have I ever seen a manager asked that.

One thing that annoys me is when you substitute a player on two goals and you always get the stupid inane question in the press conference about whether you've annoyed him or not. Not once have I ever seen a manager asked that.

Yep. Annoys me too. Sometimes I'll want to sub him but feel almost guilty for doing so since I know I'll be questioned over it!

As for the standing ovation thing.. I see it every so often but I can't say I sub players specifically to see it!

Sometimes I'll want to sub him but feel almost guilty for doing so since I know I'll be questioned over it!

That is exactly how I feel! I'll have a player on two goals, who's condition has dropped to about 60% and with a huge game up next, and yet I still feel like it might be a mistake to get the guy off because of a stupid press conference question! I guess it's my own problem, though.

I always sub a player on a hat trick if I have any subs left. Not see them get a standing ovation, but to give another player some game time. It is normally a youngster with little experience who will benefit from another 20-30 minutes on the pitch, but sometimes a player coming back from injury.

I normally do it to give another player some game time, thinking to myself that our hat-trick hero will realise he has had a good game, his days work is done and he can put his feet up for half an hour as a reward.

Sometimes it is hard not to confuse FM with real life.

Archived