Players Wont Go Out On Loan- HELP!

So my 2 young kids keep rejecting the Chance of going out on loan. there only 18 years of age. played a few games with the first team just for experience last season because i won the league early and had other trophies to focus on so rested a few players and gave these two some minutes.

New season now. they played a few pre season games. i offer them on loan . all the championship clubs come in for them. i accept there offers but they always reject and say they have no intention of going there. i go no room in my first team to play them and i want them to go on loan. ive never had a problem with loaning out players before.

how can i get them out on loan????????????

Skykes-2023.jpg

Bart-2023.jpg

Check their personal screen, maybe they feel they're too good to go on loan?

why would they be to good to go out on loan? there only kids! they will never get game time only in my reserves

would playing time in the reserves be the same has going out on loan?? or would it effect there growth??

Just check, any money that's the problem. Btw it says the German guy played 33 league games.

33 league games with is loan team last season ! played once for my team.

Adam if a player has a taste of first team foolball expecially league football there reputation will improve so a knock on effect they will think they are to good to go out on loan because they think they can challenge for a first team slot

So just because lets say macheda for united played a few games the season before and scored 2 against aston villa he refuse to go on loan the next season( no because he did go on loan). Im the manager so they should listen to me and go on loan.

any chance i can change there reputation ?

33 league games with is loan team last season !

Maybe he doesn't want to go on loan again then? Maybe he had a frustrating loan spell, I dunno, is there absolutely no way you can rotate them in for a few games? They hardly look terrible

Maybe he doesn't want to go on loan again then? Maybe he had a frustrating loan spell, I dunno, is there absolutely no way you can rotate them in for a few games? They hardly look terrible

No way! Already got a 7 strikers(I play 3 upfront) and rotate the others . And lots of midfielders, no room for them this season:( . Guess they got to rot in the reserves.

It depends on the players Personality. Some will go out on loan becuase they feel they still need further developement whilst some will think they have a chance of breaking into the team. Perhaps you should leave them in the reserves then maybe they will complain about lack of First-Team football and then you can tell them you will loan them out to get games.

You could go in to FMRTE and change the club reputation of whichever club bids for a loan to 9000 or so. After he goes on loan there (he will), you just change it back to whatever it was before. Problem solved.

Genius! Downloading FMRTE now. Hope this works

You could go in to FMRTE and change the club reputation of whichever club bids for a loan to 9000 or so. After he goes on loan there (he will), you just change it back to whatever it was before. Problem solved.

It's worked :) both players are now on loan to Blackpool! Thanks

Next season they be ready for my bench :)

Yeah, it is sort of cheating, but on the other hand it is ridiculous that a youngster that is thought to be a "good player for most championship sides" does not want to move to a good Championship club to get match experience when all the competition in your team are global superstars.

SI needs to go back to how FM10 had loans programmed, and then improve on that. FM11 is a step back when it comes to all transfers, not only loans.

Yeah, it is sort of cheating, but on the other hand it is ridiculous that a youngster that is thought to be a "good player for most championship sides" does not want to move to a good Championship club to get match experience when all the competition in your team are global superstars.

SI needs to go back to how FM10 had loans programmed, and then improve on that. FM11 is a step back when it comes to all transfers, not only loans.

How can it be cheating? . I would say its a bug in the game. I at to sort it out! I will never ever play young kids in my first team again even for league cup matches! Might mess up future loan deals. Stupid really tbh! Hope fm12 they sort this out.

Glad my young kids are out on loan for experience !

No offense, but it's definitely cheating. So a couple of stubborn kids don't want to leave, why is that so unrealistic? If you never had problems loaning players before then it seems fine to me. If NOBODY EVER wanted to go on loan, then you have a glitch. How can you say what players "should" do? If they wanna be stuck up and don't want to leave, bad luck. For them and for you, although, really, mostly them since you seem to be doing just fine.

Personally, using the editor would only reduce the significance of one's eventual achievements and successes down the road...

No offense, but it's definitely cheating. So a couple of stubborn kids don't want to leave, why is that so unrealistic? If you never had problems loaning players before then it seems fine to me. If NOBODY EVER wanted to go on loan, then you have a glitch. How can you say what players "should" do? If they wanna be stuck up and don't want to leave, bad luck. For them and for you, although, really, mostly them since you seem to be doing just fine.

Personally, using the editor would only reduce the significance of one's eventual achievements and successes down the road...

I think that it is "playing the game the way you want it to be/should have been" not outright cheating. FM lacks an option to say to a player that he won't get first team football at the club this year, so he should go on loan to get first team experience. The choice is then of rotting in the reserves or do as the manager says.

It is a bug in the sense that the players lack self-insight. They should know, at least as well as your assistant manager, that his current ability is not good enough for top division play or at least significantly lower than the other players in his position.

It is a bug in the sense that 19-21 year-olds think they "are too good to go on loan" when they clearly aren't. Since they have been tutored to become ambitious, determined professionals it is not an issue of "difficult players" as you seem to suggest. It is an issue of reputation.

No offense, but it's definitely cheating. So a couple of stubborn kids don't want to leave, why is that so unrealistic?

Because the players are incapable of rational thought.

Option 1: Rot in reserves (20+ games at most), get the odd game in the first-team

Option 2: Potentially play 40+ solid games (albeit in an admittedly weaker league, but surely the sheer number of games is a good thing?), improve job opportunities and contacts should you not succeed at the top tier

Option 2 is clearly superior to Option 1, but the player doesn't see that - because it is obsessed with "reputation". If anything, the fact the player has a relatively high reputation due to a few first-team fixtures should be a sign that the player has outgrown the Reserves!

Youngsters that have broken into the first-team but have not quite "made it" and have reached a sensible age (18-20) should pretty much be clamouring for a loan one tier down.

A little bit of first team football makes young players very reticent to go out on loan. I had a young right back who I had sent on loan to my feeder club (who were actually in the same division as us that season), but I then had to recall him in late November due to an injury crisis. He played 6 or 7 matches for us before the injuries eased, and then refused to go back out on loan in January.

It happens in real life too, see Nile Ranger for Newcastle - nowhere near a start but refused to go on loan. Thinks he's made it already.

Michael Paton @ Aberdeen is another example, he was told to go on loan to Dundee last season because he would not get first team football, he refused because he preferred to stay and fight for his place.
Did you not read the whole thread?
No way! Already got a 7 strikers(I play 3 upfront) and rotate the others . And lots of midfielders, no room for them this season:( . Guess they got to rot in the reserves.

7 strikers! Fight for his place? It's not like the likes of Nile Ranger (also mentioned above), who has limited competition - these players really cannot fight for their position, due to sheer numbers.

If I had 7 players in front of me in the pecking order, I'd be getting on the first bus out on loan.

Did you not read the whole thread?

7 strikers! Fight for his place? It's not like the likes of Nile Ranger (also mentioned above), who has limited competition - these players really cannot fight for their position, due to sheer numbers.

If I had 7 players in front of me in the pecking order, I'd be getting on the first bus out on loan.

Yh i dont see how it's cheating ! It's got to be a bug. Looked at there reputations an say it is National , They've only just turned 18 . Not like they going on 19 . they are going to be good players .

Nile ranger is 20 years old. Difference with my players is there only 17/18. so how can they be so dumb to think they will get in my first team?

Next season I will move some of the older players on they get there game time in my first team.

think that is down to us managers to decide milner. i sometimes like to loan out players because it does give them experience even though its at a lower level. training can only teach a player so much imo.

to me SI should let us have a private chat with players so we can tell them why we would like them to go out on loan. they could still refuse but if they respect us as managers then they would go.

think that is down to us managers to decide milner. i sometimes like to loan out players because it does give them experience even though its at a lower level. training can only teach a player so much imo.

to me SI should let us have a private chat with players so we can tell them why we would like them to go out on loan. they could still refuse but if they respect us as managers then they would go.

100% agreed. And They should respect me because of my reputation.

is it more beneficial at that age to be playing first team football every week for a lower league team, or to be working along side top coaches at a top level club?

My system is always stays the same. A Man's Gotta Have a Code. When there 15/16 they play in my under18/Reserve team. When there 17/18/19 . They go on Loan if anyone offers them. 19/20 they come into my first team/reserve and settle in play a few games.

Only ever changes if im short of a postion or unless there the next Rooney, Messi , Fabregas and there stats at 17 are out of this world and they are good enough for first team football

DONT want my players to turn out has the next sergio canales at Real Madrid. I got no room for them this season. going out on loan is the best option in my opinion

It all comes down to this: If a player is thought by the coaching staff to be a good player for most Championship clubs, then it only makes sense that he would like to be loaned out to a good Championship club. I really can't see how there could possibly be a discussion about this!

If you're Manchester United - one of the world's biggest clubs - and you have a National-reputation hot prospect with Championship-level CA who won't play Premier League football regularly because there are 4-5 players in front of him in the line, it simply doesn't make sense that the club wanting to loan him would have to have Top-half PL reputation in order for him to want to go there. It is not a transfer, it is a loan! He should know that he is NOT too good to be loaned out especially when his club has worldwide reputation.

It doesn't make sense that clubs would want to (and be allowed to) loan young starlets as "back-up to the first team" either. That is what loaning more experienced back-up players is for. Another thing that doesn't make sense is that the youngsters wanting to go on loan automatically picks the club with the highest reputation, not even considering the chance he got to actually play football there.

I hope that in the future SI would replace Reputation as a factor of anything in FM. Replace it with something more sophisticated which is not just a short-cut and simple solution.

Michael Paton @ Aberdeen is another example, he was told to go on loan to Dundee last season because he would not get first team football, he refused because he preferred to stay and fight for his place.

A 17 or 18 yr old is not gonna be fighting for a first team place at my side. Especially when I'm been the best team on the planet. I still want them to get first team football so they can develop.

A 17 or 18 yr old is not gonna be fighting for a first team place at my side. Especially when I'm been the best team on the planet. I still want them to get first team football so they can develop.

Same my alfreton team the current best on the planet got no room for first team football for 17/18 year olds

It's not like the likes of Nile Ranger (also mentioned above), who has limited competition - these players really cannot fight for their position, due to sheer numbers.

Ranger isn't anywhere near the bench let alone the starting lineup. We have Shola, Lovenkrands, Ba, Best, Sammy Ameobi and Haris Vuckic who are all demonstrably ahead of him in the pecking order right now - that's 6. Pardew has said when everyone's fit he'll play Ben Arfa off the striker so that's 6 ahead of him for one spot in the team.

Regardless, what I'm saying is that some players will believe they're too good to go out on loan because they have an awful attitude. Perhaps your youngsters have poor professionalism/ambition?

Ranger isn't anywhere near the bench let alone the starting lineup. We have Shola, Lovenkrands, Ba, Best, Sammy Ameobi and Haris Vuckic who are all demonstrably ahead of him in the pecking order right now - that's 6. Pardew has said when everyone's fit he'll play Ben Arfa off the striker so that's 6 ahead of him for one spot in the team.

Regardless, what I'm saying is that some players will believe they're too good to go out on loan because they have an awful attitude. Perhaps your youngsters have poor professionalism/ambition?

I don't loan out players until they are finished with the tutoring, which makes my loanees having exclusively good personalities like Resilient, Resolute, Professional and Driven.

So no, their personalities have nothing to do with this. It is a problem of reputation and the transfer system. That is why temporarily editing the reputation of the loan club fixes the problem.

How can it be cheating? . I would say its a bug in the game. I at to sort it out! I will never ever play young kids in my first team again even for league cup matches! Might mess up future loan deals. Stupid really tbh! Hope fm12 they sort this out.

Glad my young kids are out on loan for experience !

No it is not a bug, yes it is cheating. Players can and do act independantly of their manager in real life (including going out on loan or not), so why does a player acting independantly of his manager in the game constitute a bug.

You can definitely make a case for the manager being able to interact with his player over a loan decision, by telling him he needs the experience, or he won't be getting games at the club, but to flat out say that it is a bug simply because the players in question didn't act like the simulcra you wanted them to be is bad thinking, pure and simple.

No it is not a bug, yes it is cheating. Players can and do act independantly of their manager in real life (including going out on loan or not), so why does a player acting independantly of his manager in the game constitute a bug.

You can definitely make a case for the manager being able to interact with his player over a loan decision, by telling him he needs the experience, or he won't be getting games at the club, but to flat out say that it is a bug simply because the players in question didn't act like the simulcra you wanted them to be is bad thinking, pure and simple.

Bug? Poorly implemented? Humans can and do act indepedently of this forum.

adamov, it is not 'cheating' if you don't consider it so, your game, play it as you like.

Enjoy

xxx

It's a shame that after such great success you've succumbed to the temptation of using the editor. It's a fact of life that some players just won't go out on loan...

ask Lee Clark at Huddersfield

“I can’t understand why the other transfer-listed players haven’t gone out on loan, and one of them has turned down six clubs, which has dumbfounded me.

“They won’t lose out financially and I am trying my best to help them get clubs by finding out what their criteria are and speaking to other managers.

“Why stay and train in a group of three or four and play in development games when you could go out and play in proper matches?”

If it is indeed that they "thinks he's too good to be loaned out" then a spell in the reserves whilst still listed for loan usually convinces them otherwise, or it has in my experience. I've had player's who have thought they're "too good to be loaned out" who have changed to "hoping to gain first team experience from going on loan". But as the above example shows, it happens in real-life too...

It's a shame that after such great success you've succumbed to the temptation of using the editor. It's a fact of life that some players just won't go out on loan...

If it is indeed that they "thinks he's too good to be loaned out" then a spell in the reserves whilst still listed for loan usually convinces them otherwise, or it has in my experience. I've had player's who have thought they're "too good to be loaned out" who have changed to "hoping to gain first team experience from going on loan". But as the above example shows, it happens in real-life too...

What do you do when a player is, 'hoping to gain first team experience from going on loan', then refuses to go on loan, anywhere?

Asking Lee Clark isn't going to help, how old are those players? I know the title of the thread is 'Players' who won't go out on loan, but, the OP is clearly referring to youngsters.

What do you do when a player is, 'hoping to gain first team experience from going on loan', then refuses to go on loan, anywhere?

Asking Lee Clark isn't going to help, how old are those players? I know the title of the thread is 'Players' who won't go out on loan, but, the OP is clearly referring to youngsters.

It depends on the player, my squad at the time, whether he's a future-first-teamer or just a cashcow, his age, contract, etc... I don't have a "one size fits all" approach to the various problems that arise, I weigh each one up separately and make my decisions based on the various circumstances. Player's that won't go out on loan will still get game-time in youth or reserve games, the better ones may even get first-team time, so they'll still continue developing and I may even choose to tutor them.

AFAIK, one of those players was classed as "youth" (Robbie Simpson - now at Oldham on loan) the other, the one I presume to have rejected 6 clubs, is Joey Gudjonssen.. thing is, he is now so far down the pecking order after Lee Clark signed 5million midfielders this summer that the only chance he has of getting a first-team game is if we have an injury crisis of epic proportions... :lol: you'd think he'd go anywhere cos he's a good player, he just didn't "do it" last season for whatever reason..

Half the argument is a bit of a mess - Robbie Simpson went out on loan in the end, to Oldham Athletic. As for Guðjónsson, it depends on which clubs - he's travelled the world and it's possible he's had plenty of offers that require him to go overseas, but at 31, he might simply want to stay at home. Dropping down a tier doesn't necessarily benefit his career, either, especially since he is getting old and will want to think about retiring on a high.

However, both these cases are different to the OP's, because these players are transfer-listed! The OP's players have clear possible futures with the club, which is why they are being asked go out on loan.

If the OP's players are rejecting loans for good reason, what are those good reasons? It's clear it's not because they want to fight for their positions, since that's not possible with the OP's level of competition. So what is it?

Obviously they think they do have a chance, they might have high ambition or determination, which is obviously a good thing, and believe in their own ability to make the step up.
Ambition, or stupidity? Ambitious does not imply illogical decisions.

Bendtner, about as ambitious as they come, went on loan to a lower-tier side with 4-5 strikers in front of him.

A player can be ambitious - and that is why they want to go out on loan, to prove they can succeed at a weaker side.

Ambition could easily imply that they feel they are too good for the Reserves side, which is their current level.

Archived