Stepovers?

I've only seen it from flair 20 players, usually I notice in Europe someone like Alexis Sanchez doing it against me. I'm pretty sure flair is all thats needed because I play in the Faroese league and I saw a guy do it against me and checked him out, flair of 20 and nothing else over 10, was quite amusing.

It's funny, I haven't noticed stepovers at all - although I am not saying it doesn't happen. My players seem to have this really cool 'crab-dance' dribble, a 'wobble-dribble' or the 'doomsday dribble' which includes the studs out in front of them injuring tackling players...

How fast do you have your highlights? I had mine pretty quick and wondered why my players were wobbling all over the place, when I put speed down a bit I noticed they were stepovers.

How fast do you have your highlights? I had mine pretty quick and wondered why my players were wobbling all over the place, when I put speed down a bit I noticed they were stepovers.

Of course, the penny just dropped :o - I play extended highlights but have the speed on 1 notch less than max...

I've got to check it out if I can get myself to play the game - I have apparently a lot of catching up to do at work after the holidays :(...

Of course, the penny just dropped :o - I play extended highlights but have the speed on 1 notch less than max...

I've got to check it out if I can get myself to play the game - I have apparently a lot of catching up to do at work after the holidays :(...

Don't worry it took me a long time to realise, I kept saying the the missus how come my striker keeps doing some sort of crazy dance then scoring. I also play one notch of fastest but started to have goal replays about 5 notches from top and then noticed the magical dance of doom was in fact a bunch of stepovers. Work and real life getting in the way of FM time is not good.

• 4 months later...

what about the "moonwalk" dribble? I've seen players such as Nani and Hulk do a strange trick where they advance at full speed while appearing to only be walking with the ball. I have never known any players who can do this in real life, and even Michael jackson could only moonwalk backwards.

EDIT- Dammit i just tried it outside and it doesn't work. my studs kept catching and make me fall on my arse every time

i dont think that flair should neccessarily dictate whether a player would perform stepovers or not. Any Everton fan will tell you that Phil Neville does them all the time and I would say he is amongst one of the players with the least flair in the league.

yeah seen plenty of stepovers... and overhead kicks and the likes... tries tricks still isnt coded properly is it?

That's great indeed, mate. Happy to note that it's happening in FM2012 as well. Could you kindly post some of the matches here.

Thank you.

Archived