Superstitions or Habits

Hey we had a thread like this a few years ago, so i thought I would see if everyone still has their quirks and habits before games etc.

Wondering what are yours that you have?

Mine:

Before an FA Cup final, i have to be wearing the colours my team are wearing. And i must play the national anthem and "abide with me" (the fa cup song) before the game kicks off.

before every home game when i am arsenal i play "wonder of you" by elvis presley (arsenal's song)

and before every champions league tie i play the theme tune!

Hey we had a thread like this a few years ago, so i thought I would see if everyone still has their quirks and habits before games etc.

Mine:

Before an FA Cup final, i have to be wearing the colours my team are wearing. And i must play the national anthem and "abide with me" (the fa cup song) before the game kicks off.

before every home game when i am arsenal i play "wonder of you" by elvis presley (arsenal's song)

and before every champions league tie i play the theme tune!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by llama3:

Mine:

and before every champions league tie i play the theme tune! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Guessing there's little to do in Stanstead Abbotts.

I don't have any superstitions, and the only habit i can think of is waggling the cursor around the goal when the opposition have a penalty, in the hope of "putting them off".

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">and before every champions league tie i play the theme tune! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

what is that called btw?

and to answer the question i dont really have any superstitions or habits i just play it icon_cool.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Norville Rodgers:

I don't have any superstitions, and the only habit i can think of is waggling the cursor around the goal when the opposition have a penalty, in the hope of "putting them off". </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Have you noticed that they never seem to miss when you do this though. icon_wink.gif

The only other habit I have is only making substitutions on a round number (50, 60, 70 ,80) of minutes. In a game I had in FM06 I pressed the tactics button to substitute a player when the clock was at 53. The substitute then got injured on 63 minutes and when I substituted him with another one, he then got injured on 73 minutes. I can remember this sequence clearly still so I don't click for subs now on odd numbers.

I 'sit in the stands' for the first half, by closing the FM window for about 5 minutes. Once had an injury in the 1st minute, and had to 'watch' the whole game again!

Like said, I also wiggle the cursor over the goal when a penalty goes to my opponents, to distract them. Also wiggle it behind my striker when i have a penalty to distract the keeper!

Dont know why, kind of sad really!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by llama3:

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

My mother-in-law would absolutely love you!! She's a complete nutter for all things Elvis. icon_rolleyes.gif

Personally, If I did this, it would have to be "Ace of Spades" by Mötorhead. icon_biggrin.gif "...you win some, lose some, it's all the same to me..." naaagh nagh naaagh nagh nagh (or the equivalent of the famous guitar riff... icon_wink.gif )

I used to watch critical and first-happening games as if watching a real cruical game, specially the penalties, they were through my hands between fingers, and then, if positive, I'd jump around almost shouting. But I beat and owned too much stuff through years to care, now I just play it, like...when I'm really, really bored, I crack the game over and over again, and can't find any joy in it...

I did think of a PRETTY GOOD and HARD challenge, I think I'll try that.

Mine:

and before every champions league tie i play the theme tune! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Stella:

i once put my suit on for a fa cup final icon_smile.gifthink we lost so its never been on since icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If these 2 are not joking then Im seriously worried about the mental effects of Football Manager on people. icon_biggrin.gif

I don't have any superstitions, and the only habit i can think of is waggling the cursor around the goal when the opposition have a penalty, in the hope of "putting them off".

lmao that just put a smile on my face

i pesonally befor a big match make a brew then light a fag then sit back and watch

Can't say that I have any superstitions, but I do have a habit of providing the most uninspiring verbal commentary imagineable on numerous of my matches - mostly just saying the name of the player who currently has the ball out loud! Occasionally I add something mildly more interesting like "Oh what a faaantastic goal!! He hit that from fully 30 yards" etc etc. icon_razz.gif

Archived