Why I Love FM11

I see alot of threads slating FM11 and if you have your reasons that's fair enough everyone is entitled to their opinion. But for me this has to be the best FM yet and this is down to Dynamic League Reputaion. I am not the greatest at Football Manager, my gamesaves rarely last more than 2 seasons. But this year when i got the game i just decided i wanted to have a long career game until Fm12. Thus my gamesave with Larne began. I have enjoyed watching the DYanmic League working it's superb, For example as the Irish League starting rising the ranks, Jesus Navas took over as manager of Institute and that was only one of the many cool things to happen in the Irish League. It was also interesting to see money in the league increase and the quality of players attracted to the league increase and because of this my love for FM just grew and grew. So i thought this forum needed a good positive thread, so I opened this thread so people can share why they love this game :) feel free to post videos and pics or even just your story on why FM11 is great :D

[video=youtube;0NWVrybgUrA]

Because FM makes me care about my players like if they were my kids... Very few other games make me relate to a bunch of pixels like FM does.

this.

When I really get into a save, those players are more important to me than family!

this.

When I really get into a save, those players are more important to me than family!

Nothing beats the feeling of finding a 16 years old promissing kid and turn him into a world-class player when he reaches 21. That's my playing philosophy. Don't spend big money on already established players, raise your own. In FM10, when I won the Champiosn League with a full-team of home grown players on the pitch, that was my proudest moment of my FM creer so far.

Because FM makes me care about my players like if they were my kids... Very few other games make me relate to a bunch of pixels like FM does.

This exactly :thup:

When opposition managers approach me for my favourites, they should come heavily armed, or at least wearing some kind of protecting gear.

I see alot of threads slating FM11 and if you have your reasons that's fair enough everyone is entitled to their opinion. But for me this has to be the best FM yet and this is down to Dynamic League Reputaion. I am not the greatest at Football Manager, my gamesaves rarely last more than 2 seasons. But this year when i got the game i just decided i wanted to have a long career game until Fm12. Thus my gamesave with Larne began. I have enjoyed watching the DYanmic League working it's superb, For example as the Irish League starting rising the ranks, Jesus Navas took over as manager of Institute and that was only one of the many cool things to happen in the Irish League. It was also interesting to see money in the league increase and the quality of players attracted to the league increase and because of this my love for FM just grew and grew. So i thought this forum needed a good positive thread, so I opened this thread so people can share why they love this game :) feel free to post videos and pics or even just your story on why FM11 is great :D

[video=youtube;0NWVrybgUrA]

congratulations mate on your acheivements i love reading stories like this as it's so more rewarding than the usual iv'e won 10 league titles with man utd. it's gave me an incentive now to carry on my blue square north save with eastwood town:)

Wow the Larne storyis amazing - should maybe also be in career updates/fmstories

Was planning on doing that at the start, but started playing when i was away on a skiing holiday and forgot to take screenshots and what do you know 20 years later and i have no screenshots so didn't see a point in starting one now haha

Just to add to it though, day after i won 4th champions league title R. Madrid offered me job took it, 2nd season with them went season unbeaten and resigned on that high :) then won Euros and World cup with England who are insanely good in 2040s. And after all this resigned took over CHimney Corner in Irish division 2 and am working the way up with them. Interestingly though a problem i have encountered now is there is such a large gap between 1st division and premier division so playing catch up on larne is near impossible.

Final note 5 years after i left Larne, My captain for 10 years at Larne took over as manager of Larne and went on to win the Champions League with them! Brought a tear to my eye :)

congratulations mate on your acheivements i love reading stories like this as it's so more rewarding than the usual iv'e won 10 league titles with man utd. it's gave me an incentive now to carry on my blue square north save with eastwood town:)

Defo mate once you get a gamesave where you just love the club it's hard to stop playing it

True that. Need for positivity on here. Nice thread.

I like the skin you use, can i ask where you got it from? cheers.

A reason why FM is great - you learn about players you and your mates have never heard of, you see how they perform in the game, then if you happen to catch a game with, for example, atletico madrid, they've never heard of Sergio Aguero, and you blab on about how great he is. And they're stunned by your knowledge.

True that. Need for positivity on here. Nice thread.

I like the skin you use, can i ask where you got it from? cheers.

A reason why FM is great - you learn about players you and your mates have never heard of, you see how they perform in the game, then if you happen to catch a game with, for example, atletico madrid, they've never heard of Sergio Aguero, and you blab on about how great he is. And they're stunned by your knowledge.

It's called Steklo, fairly sure I got it off Sortitoutsi, not sure if I'm alllowed to link it on this forum

Archived