International Withdrawals

Basically I started a career as Chelsea (in my 3rd season now) and I started to notice that all my big players; Torres, Lampard, Terry, Essien, Cech etc (all in good form btw) have all been left out of their international squads for 9 successive times! Usually there's an International game at the start of the season so i normally withdraw all my big players to avoid injuries and I'm guessing this is why it's happened as people like Bertrand, Mikel, Boswinga, who I didn't withdraw, are all still getting picked.

So Capello quits after Euro 2012 and I get offered the job which I take thinking to myself at least I can call up Terry, Lampard, Cole and Johnson, who I bought from Man City and went to call them all up but it says they're all withdrawn when I haven't even had the option. I right click them and there's no option to 'add to England Squad' (or something like that). Made Terry my captain to try sort it but that doesn't work either! So it seems like they've been automatically withdrawn, yet it's been telling me the managers aren't picking them. :confused:

Sorry for the essay!! but I'm confused, is it a bug? Thanks!

I think I found it, under relations there will be an entry, that is:

blank

unknown

Change that to something else like "likes player", hit continue, and the withdrawn status disappears. I haven't hit an international break yet but if I add myself as a national manger, I can call those players up now.

I think I found it, under relations there will be an entry, that is:

blank

unknown

Change that to something else like "likes player", hit continue, and the withdrawn status disappears. I haven't hit an international break yet but if I add myself as a national manger, I can call those players up now.

This fixed the problem for me aswell.

I hope it doesnt happen again, which in case i either need to edit everytime i withdraw players or set 45 min instructions.

Download and install FMRTE, www.fmrte.com

Back up your save game

Load game in FM

start FMRTE, and click Load Game

search for bugged players, double click on his name, go to his tab

go to relation screen, look for the entry which matches exactly what's in my post above

change it to something harmless, such as "like player" and find some random player

click save (the disk button)

save your game and continue.

quit FMRTE

Download and install FMRTE, www.fmrte.com

Back up your save game

Load game in FM

start FMRTE, and click Load Game

search for bugged players, double click on his name, go to his tab

go to relation screen, look for the entry which matches exactly what's in my post above

change it to something harmless, such as "like player" and find some random player

click save (the disk button)

save your game and continue.

quit FMRTE

nice one mate, cheers!

I've tried changing it, but every time I save it just goes back to how it was :confused:

Also it doesn't let me change the value to a player, I've searched for a name and that doesn't change either.

Any help is greatly appreciated,

thanks.

Does this bug affect every single international withdrawal in the game? Or is it a rare bug? Have just withdrawn Javier Hernandez from the Mexico squad and now I am afraid he will never play for Mexico again. Shocking really that SI missed this.

A comment on this from SI would be nice. I looked at the bug report thread it ended with a "thanks for the info its under review" post before the thread was closed. If its a minor thing where all you have to do is not withdraw anyone then fine but to get a pseudo-polite brush off with no other feedback is just kind of crappy.

ive commented on this on a previous thread today, if this happens to all players that are withdrawn from international squads, then this is a shocking error.

it really should be fixed as its such a big thing, am i alone in thinking this is a massive issue?

ive had 3 players in my squad who have had 'withdrawn from international squad' status for over a year now. Although it looks like your going have to but the next version of the game in October for it to be remedied. It really puts me off 'getting into' this game.

surely international management is knackered?

I never withdraw players from international squads, just 45 mins if they're friendlies so as to not knacker them out too much, so this is one bug I am not going to see :D

no dount lazaru5 actually thinks this adds to the game.

If everybodys game crashed after a day lazaru5 would think this is a great feature

If the game made your PC catch fire and burn the house down, lazaru5 would think he need to move house anyway well done SI

If the disk exploded and blew his hand off, lazaru5 would think 'Great, onanism will be like someone else is doing it, i love you SI'

I never withdraw players from international squads, just 45 mins if they're friendlies so as to not knacker them out too much, so this is one bug I am not going to see :D

This is where some feedback from SI would be nice. If this is a problem where AI managers just never withdraw anyone and is worked around by the human manager simply not withdrawing players from international matches I can deal with that. If AI managers withdraw players and these players are then never picked again for international play then this is a problem that really should be fixed.

I get that if it can be worked around that it may not be high priority enough to patch but just to close the bug thread without another word is just poor service in my opinion. We at least deserve to know if a feature doesn't work right so that we know not to use it and mess up our game.

If everybodys game crashed after a day lazaru5 would think this is a great feature

If the game made your PC catch fire and burn the house down, lazaru5 would think he need to move house anyway well done SI

If the disk exploded and blew his hand off, lazaru5 would think 'Great, onanism will be like someone else is doing it, i love you SI'

What a rather pathetic and petty post that is. He never says this bug is good, he merely suggests his own workaround and mentions he won't see this issue. I don't see the rebels in Libya having been shot, nor do I see the Japanese sifting through the rubble trying to find relatives, doesn't mean I'm sat here thinking "Gaddafi is great" or "Thank god for that natural disaster".

No doubt that you think if SI were to pay you a million pound for your troubles though it would merely be a clear case that they're offending you and a clear admission that you are far too important to accept such a trivial amount. Not only that but if they went further and offered you a share in the company you would find this disgusting.

I've seen some garbage posted on these forums, but criticising someone, passing a judgement on their character and insulting them merely because they say they won't suffer from this issue with their playstyle. You showed far more about yourself than Lazaru did with his post, he doesn't even state his opinion on the bug, whether he thinks it should be fixed or left alone he simply states he doesn't suffer from it. But apparently that isn't good enough for you, if hes not openly demanding and crying about it being fixed ASAP he's not worthy of being classed as a person in your eyes?

See how easy it is to just run with someones post and make conclusions from it, the only thing is the conclusions I came to have more basis on you and the character you portray than yours did about him.

I've tried changing it, but every time I save it just goes back to how it was :confused:

Also it doesn't let me change the value to a player, I've searched for a name and that doesn't change either.

thanks.

This worked for me... Basicallly search for any players that were affected then go to 'relation' look around for 'blank, unknown, 50' click on the blank part and change it to 'likes player' then in the 'unknown' search for any player, press enter, click him. then make sure you save it, it only saved mine after I pressed the save button twice and in the bottom left it came up saying 'saved relation' or something. then search for the next player and do the same thing till they're all done and that worked for me.

gotta admit, this made me chuckle :)

As Shep said, I never made any comment about the bug other than to say that I'll not see it (unless I buy a player that the AI has withdrawn... hmm.. do the AI withdraw players from international duty? )

Obviously it's not ideal to destroy someone's international career just because you wanted to save them for an important match, but if you just set 45mins per match instead... apparently there is no problem then. *shrugs* I know it's not perfect and I know there are going to be the doomsayers who will say this bug makes the game unplayable but it really doesn't... honest..

thanks.

You probably forgot to click on "save" in FMRTE

What a rather pathetic and petty post that is. He never says this bug is good, he merely suggests his own workaround and mentions he won't see this issue. I don't see the rebels in Libya having been shot, nor do I see the Japanese sifting through the rubble trying to find relatives, doesn't mean I'm sat here thinking "Gaddafi is great" or "Thank god for that natural disaster".

No doubt that you think if SI were to pay you a million pound for your troubles though it would merely be a clear case that they're offending you and a clear admission that you are far too important to accept such a trivial amount. Not only that but if they went further and offered you a share in the company you would find this disgusting.

I've seen some garbage posted on these forums, but criticising someone, passing a judgement on their character and insulting them merely because they say they won't suffer from this issue with their playstyle. You showed far more about yourself than Lazaru did with his post, he doesn't even state his opinion on the bug, whether he thinks it should be fixed or left alone he simply states he doesn't suffer from it. But apparently that isn't good enough for you, if hes not openly demanding and crying about it being fixed ASAP he's not worthy of being classed as a person in your eyes?

See how easy it is to just run with someones post and make conclusions from it, the only thing is the conclusions I came to have more basis on you and the character you portray than yours did about him.

Gaddafi? Japan Disaster?

?????????????????????

your a mentalist!!

Gaddafi? Japan Disaster?

?????????????????????

your a mentalist!!

Couldn't actually think of anything to say against the point being made then? Also, you don't even know what the word mentalist means either, either you're accusing me of being a person who thinks the 'mind' is a part of psychological research fields, or you're accusing me of being a mind reader. To perhaps put it in a more simpler context the premises are as follows (from Lazaru's post):

Premise A:

Due to my playstyle I won't see this bug.

Premise B:

I set players to 45 minutes per game.

The logical conclusion:

That guy won't be effected by this bug because he doesn't withdraw players, if the AI withdraws them though it could still affect him.

Robhugs conclusion:

Look at this guy defending SI when he has no right to, if they did X, Y and Z to him he woudl say its all fine and great.

Hopefully that won't confuse you as much as the more elaborate post above did.

Couldn't actually think of anything to say against the point being made then? Also, you don't even know what the word mentalist means either, either you're accusing me of being a person who thinks the 'mind' is a part of psychological research fields, or you're accusing me of being a mind reader. To perhaps put it in a more simpler context the premises are as follows (from Lazaru's post):

Premise A:

Due to my playstyle I won't see this bug.

Premise B:

I set players to 45 minutes per game.

The logical conclusion:

That guy won't be effected by this bug because he doesn't withdraw players, if the AI withdraws them though it could still affect him.

Robhugs conclusion:

Look at this guy defending SI when he has no right to, if they did X, Y and Z to him he woudl say its all fine and great.

Hopefully that won't confuse you as much as the more elaborate post above did.

do you leave bits of bread in a bowl in your garden for your 'friends'?

mentalist!!

Still nothing from SI. I would still like to hear something official about the impact of this bug. Do AI managers withdraw players for them never to be selected for another international fixture again or is the human manager not withdrawing players enough to get around this?

Thanks, guys! You just saved me about two months of game time (and one MLS championship!) with this work around. Didn't seem to work until I saved the game (I used a new file just in case) and pressed continue. When the game finally stopped I checked my roster and...joy!!!

Meh. It sucks that I have to alter FM each time I withdraw someone from international games. Here's my first team on a match day: http://img814.imageshack.us/img814/7263/singaporearmedforcesfcp.png

I could of course have withdrawn them from int. duty, but that would mean I would have to alter FM again. Which I do not want to do. At least the association could have postponed this match?! My whole first team is gone!

I remember CM 01/02 had a feature where you could ask the FA to postpone games. Though, I rarely used it (and I never got my requests granted, either!) because each time I had a ton of my players out on international duty, matches were automatically postponed.

In a save I have I'm the English Manager (wow!!). In a friendly match i've made a mistake of calling all of the national "stars", and Chelsea, Man utd and Arsenal withdraw some of their players. I remember Ferdinand, Lampard, Walcott, Cole and a couple of others that i don't recall.

In the next call up I was able to call all of that players again.

So if it's the AI there's no problem with this. It probably only affects human players and AI national managers.

There is 3 threads currently on this board about this subject that i know of ( one of them i started myself )

You would think that would have alerted someone, what does it actually take to get a response from these people?

Somebody swear, that'll at least get a mods attention : )

SI are not going to respond about this issue because:

a) They realise its a pretty big issue and feel a little bit embarrassed it got through testing

b) They are most certainly not going to fix it before FM12

c) As there isn’t a comparable competitor for this rather specific genre game, they don’t think they need to

d) They have already released 5 patches for this years game, which is the most I can remember for an edition, they cant release anymore as they would look pretty incompetent.

d) They have already released 5 patches for this years game, which is the most I can remember for an edition, they cant release anymore as they would look pretty incompetent.

That's a big pile of poo, it wouldn't look incompetant, it'd look competant, SI may have dedicated to the "you're getting three patches, and that's it" model, but that doesn't mean it's the right model by any means, and a lot of companies are more than willing to keep patching products if it's needed. Heck, Blizzard have patched games that are 7-10 years old.

I know it's not a proper comparison because SI aim each product to last about a year not longer - so they obviously have to move onto the next one - it's a tight cycle that requires a keen schedule, time spent on this game can mean less time spent on the next and a vicious cycle of unfinished products. Also they're a smaller company than blizzard - cant expect as much.

So, sure, I don't expect tons of patches, and I know it'd be a hassle for them to release one more, but by no means would it flag them as incompetant to launch one more, it'd be the right thing to do, a small patch - but of course, I dont expect one, purely because of the testing needed to make sure fixing this didnt break anything else. It would be nice if they could have the skill and procedure to do a "hotfix" type patch though for just this issue.

I don't expect this bug to be patched, to be honest, the game's focus is on club management, so this is hardly a showstopper.

Might not be for you but a lot of people still do International management and also like to see their players called up after it is a simulation and you want the game to mimick real life so you'd expect players to get called up.

I'm also pretty sure it wouldn't take that much for them to fix it

So SI aren't going to fix this fault then and we are expected to use the FMRTE every time to fix this, I'm expected to trawl through and fix every player the AI withdraws too?

This is a joke if so

it only affects human managers withdrawing players, the AI can withdraw them and they can still get called up again as far as i am aware.

I have a friend playing as Chelsea who withdrew most of his players from international duty early on in the game. He now has a world class squad full of EX internationals due to this bug. How can anyone say it is not a big issue! A pretty serious bug that needs to be fixed SI. Please reply ASAP.

I have a friend playing as Chelsea who withdrew most of his players from international duty early on in the game. He now has a world class squad full of EX internationals due to this bug. How can anyone say it is not a big issue! A pretty serious bug that needs to be fixed SI. Please reply ASAP.

the phrases 'silence is deafening' and 'silence speaks volumes' are very apt for SI and SEGA's reaction to this issue. The silence means there is absolutely no chance of them correcting it before FM12. So your stuck to using a seperate program to change things everytime if you want an adequate game.

I read on another topic the same as this one and someone from SI said they were looking into it. They should answer us though and fix this as it is a problem and didn't happen until they released the last patch so how has it managed to get included if it wasn't there in the first place?!

Every year this game gets more problems it's beyond a joke now.

because thats the nature of FM, you change one thing, it has knock on effects to other things, its impossible to test every single feature and option to its fullest. Anyway there is a good chance they did notice this before and just didnt have enough time to get to the bottom of it, its a pain but fixable off your own back, and very very easily avoided if you know its in there.

because thats the nature of FM, you change one thing, it has knock on effects to other things, its impossible to test every single feature and option to its fullest. Anyway there is a good chance they did notice this before and just didnt have enough time to get to the bottom of it, its a pain but fixable off your own back, and very very easily avoided if you know its in there.

As long as it doesn't affect the AI managed teams then I can live with it although still miffed at it as they have hotfixed little things like this in the past.

As long as it doesn't affect the AI managed teams then I can live with it although still miffed at it as they have hotfixed little things like this in the past.

it does only affect human managers, AI can withdraw without any problems so really all you need to do is either not withdraw your own players or if you do use FMRTE to take away the bad piece of code, a pain i know but at least it can be fixed.

I dont think they have ever released a hotfix for something this little, the two previous ones were due to people not being able to play because of crashes, big difference from this situation. When they say its under review they dont mean they are just going to ignore the problem, they will be as annoyed as you that its in the game, ifact they will prob be a hell of a lot more annoyed than you that its in the game, but there are only so many things they can do, for all we know the problem could be tied into something else that would be a far bigger problem if changed. I dont think you will see this problem in FM12.

Archived