Suggestion for FM 2012 - Stadium Editor

I think will be a very funny feature if we could edit stadiums in the game, more close to the real life and can add to the game. Or, at least, have tools to color seats, make the letters for our club, etc.

And also we can see flags, banners in the stands in a big game... will be provide a great atmosphere for the games.

Sorry for the poor english ehhehe

I think will be a very funny feature if we could edit stadiums in the game, more close to the real life and can add to the game. Or, at least, have tools to color seats, make the letters for our club, etc.

And also we can see flags, banners in the stands in a big game... will be provide a great atmosphere for the games.

Sorry for the poor english ehhehe

I want to drive the team bus!

Football Manager.

Any of that title say Fifa 11 or PES 11?

You are the manager of the team. Your job is to lead the team to victory as best you can. Not to paint the seats in the stand. Sorry, but if this feature was ever in the game, Id think twice, I really would.

Teams who have for example two or three colors... in brazil are common see stadiums like that.

Exactly. The satdiums seats are them colours because the team plays in them colours. Basically your saying you want tools to change the colour of the seats, but they will already be the colours of the club so no need to change them.

Exactly. The satdiums seats are them colours because the team plays in them colours. Basically your saying you want tools to change the colour of the seats, but they will already be the colours of the club so no need to change them.

If a team has more than one colour, then the seats will only be one colour in game.

I personally wouldn't use it and would rather time was spent on other things. I would love it if fans brought flags and banners to big games, especially if they could be based on real life ones, but I'm not sure it would happen.

I would like Si implemented stadium editor, so users could make the realistic stadiums for every team, just like kits, etc. Would be great.

Now all stadiums are the same.

Although i prefer ideal match engine than stadiums ;)

I don't agree with all the changes to the stadiums, but I don't like the fact that if your club gets a new stadium 5-10 years down the line, the names changes to [your name] stadium or arena. I think you should be able to edit the new stadium's name at that point.

What a good call! I would love to see some of the big banners that are in stadiums irl.

Football Manager.

Any of that title say Fifa 11 or PES 11?

You are the manager of the team. Your job is to lead the team to victory as best you can. Not to paint the seats in the stand. Sorry, but if this feature was ever in the game, Id think twice, I really would.

Well, if you intend to do/edit a stadium like you create a player by the FM db editor, is ok. Only this feature in-game would be strange, because we are manager. But it like a off-game editor would be good.

I sort of agree with the starter of this thread. A (pre game) stadium editor would be a great addition. All the building blocks are in the game already, so why not let enthousiasts and modders edit the stadiums so they (sort of) look like the real thing. It's probably just a matter of assigning some of the building blocks to clubs, just some numbers. Why have kit-packs and logo packs, new ball types, nets, and such and not be able to modify the stadiums beforehand. It's purely cosmetic, but I'd like it if the stadiums resembled the real stadiums at least a little. Maybe editing the seating is a step too far (although not every club has seats in their clubcolours, and letters are very characteristic), but I can't see why such an addition would eat away processor-power, so why not. I would like it a lot.

I agree that in-game stadium editing shouldn't be possible (we are managers, not directors), but on the other hand: If I get a job in finland during my career-save, a league of which I havent edited the stadiums beforehand (or loaded a stadium-pack), I would like to get those stadiums like the real thing aswell. So that's a yes for in-game-stadium editing I guess. And if someone wants to cheat by increasing the capacity or something, or one wants to write their name on the seats, fine by me. Who care's what others do in their save. There's a thing called FMRTE also, no-ones complaining about that, do they.

Yeah I think the OP was suggesting a stadium editor that would be available to editers and modders, such as those who make skins, facepacks etc., who could then provide us, the playing community, with stadium packs to download and use in our game. Not that it would be an in-game feature e.g. "The groundsman has asked you for this season's seat colours. The seats in the stadium are currently painted in a chrome yellow."

I think that by in-game (in the case of a stadium-editor) people mean editing by means of a save-game editor (like FMRTE). Not something that is asked of you, or you can ask for, in the game (by the board for example).

my team got a new stadium... and seats are gray color... .(my team has yellow and green color) now tell me... how to change seat color? and why is my stadium in gray if it should be in yellow/green?

xml or something?

I would like to see this. Its all about making the game feel as real as possible and that includes the visual appearance and being able to make the stadium, especially if you're playing as the team you support, look like home.

SI can't duplicate the real stadiums for licensing reasons. I read on a thread somewhere, today, that they can't even do accurate colours due to licensing reasons - I came across something about Celtic Park being all-white in FM11 when it isn't in real life.

Hence, it would be really good if we could do this.

I hate the fact that all the stadiums are based on the English typical top flight stadium, crowd close to the touch line no track around the pitch. Give us bowl stadiums with athletic tracks ( or dogs in the case of Scottish football) or better still the lowly 500 seater stand on one side and the rest just your grassy banks for your LL teams

The only management sim I can remember that did this was LMA manager where you could design and build your stadium or a new one and actually visually see the design on-screen Whilst this would be a good addition to the game I don't think it is an absoliute necessity.

Yeah I think the OP was suggesting a stadium editor that would be available to editers and modders, such as those who make skins, facepacks etc., who could then provide us, the playing community, with stadium packs to download and use in our game. Not that it would be an in-game feature e.g. "The groundsman has asked you for this season's seat colours. The seats in the stadium are currently painted in a chrome yellow."

Yes, someone understand me !!! Finally :)

Will be a great tool, like facepacks, logo packs etc...

Archived