FM12 Reserve and Youth

i dnt know about anyone else but what would you think, if you could take over the reserve or youth team of the team you name as your favourite

or get offered to be manager of youth or reserve team at another club at the start of the game if you start unemployed to start your football manager journey

I start unemployed all the time its the way i prefer to play the game but i really hate waiting till like december-january time, and i think this would be a really good idea at the start, i mean i would love to be manager of celtic youth team as my first job.

what do you think

AI squad building would need to improve though for it to work well. At present reserves and youth teams are ignored by the AI and after a few seasons are a complete mess.

I like the idea though. A bit like being able to apply for U21 jobs which is already in the game.

• SI Staff

I've wanted this in the game for years. It would be great if you could take on reserve and youth management roles but it would be a bit boring if all you did was manage the players you were given without any interaction with the main team manager.

Probably a youth role would be more interesting if you were able to bring in your own youth players. Not as simple to add to the game as you may think though. Would require quite an overhaul in some key areas.

it would be good to bring in your own youth players

however just a simple one would be ok aswell in next years to see how it goes and how many people use it then maybe S.I could start thinking of putting it into the year afters game

it was just a thought of what i would like, maybe it wouldnt work maybe it would just think it would be a good addition to the game

thanks for the replys aswell guys

I've wanted this in the game for years. It would be great if you could take on reserve and youth management roles but it would be a bit boring if all you did was manage the players you were given without any interaction with the main team manager.

Probably a youth role would be more interesting if you were able to bring in your own youth players. Not as simple to add to the game as you may think though. Would require quite an overhaul in some key areas.

Make it happen Ter :)

• SI Staff
it was just a thought of what i would like, maybe it wouldnt work maybe it would just think it would be a good addition to the game

Yeah, it would instantly more or less treble the amount of roles you could take on if you could manage reserve / youth teams. You get a lot of managers who will take roles like these when they are out of work and there isn't a lot out there. A good place for up and coming managers to learn their trade as well.

it would be good to bring in your own youth players

however just a simple one would be ok aswell in next years to see how it goes and how many people use it then maybe S.I could start thinking of putting it into the year afters game

thanks for the replys aswell guys

You could scout the youth players that you want then reccomend them to the manager to sign.

• 1 month later...

Get the Highland League in game first :p

You could scout the youth players that you want then reccomend them to the manager to sign.

If you are Head of Youth Development you wouldn't have to recommend to the manager. You would be in charge of hiring of First Years and the manager would only really wade in if he knew of a kid or it came pro-talk time

it would have to be limited to managing a reserve team. surely you could just hire a scout to find decent players or else you would be trawling through youth teams just looking at stats. the idea of a reserve team manager or an under 18 manager would work if you couldn't see stats at all. therefore having to watch games or have influence over training. and if you can recommend players to the main coach dont you basically become a scout?? and doesn't this become unbelievably comlicated like ter. would be hard to limit it and make it a worthwhile addition

• 3 weeks later...

I like the idea of having more control on what newgens you get in your youth squad. What about including trial days for the youth squad like with the internationals. With that you can pick a youth squad to match your own tactics and playing style. Plus if you cant be bothered with it you get your asm to pick for you. How academies would come into play i dont know, maybe they give you a bigger pool of players with better potential?

definitely something i'd be interested in!

i love playing lonnnng career games starting at the lowest level possible unemployed.

if there was an even more career-like path to take before getting a fully fledged management job that would add another layer of depth to such big games!

Not easy to do but the B/youth system is needing some big changes. One of the big features announced for 2011 version (The possibility to create a B Team) that was a big failure because it was only possible to do in 2 or 3 minor leagues resulted in big part on the inadequate B/youth system.

Hope it gets a big change in the next version.

Archived