Well, it only took 18 years but it finally happened.

I have Hampton & Richmond up into the premiership now, only other League One side is a computer run Leeds team. (If you can call them small I don't know)

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by heathxxx:

What "little" clubs have taken their place though... icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by heathxxx:

What "little" clubs have taken their place though... icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, Leicester have become a big team. Since promotion 12 years ago, they have acheived a respectable top half finished in every year they have been in the Premiership, even finishing 4th place one year and qualifying for Europe. Thye have one the Carling Cup twice and the UEFA Cup once.

Tottenham are now also a big, having won the league 6 times now on my game. They also won the Champions league. Newcastle aswell won the league and usuall finish in the top four.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ched:

Preston normally replace one of the big 4 on my saves, it's mad! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Preston are actually a good team on my game aswell. They are not in the big four but they usually finish in the top half of the table.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Law_Man:

And he's me thinking this thread was about someone losing their virginity.... icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nah.

That took 19 years.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Viazon:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Law_Man:

And he's me thinking this thread was about someone losing their virginity.... icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nah.

That took 19 years. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ah well, better late than never! icon_biggrin.gif

General question to everyone: sex or FM glory?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Viazon:

Nah.

General question to everyone: sex or FM glory? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, Im only getting one of those at the moment and I think you lot can guess which one.

Arsenal & Chelsea struggled in the season before my current one and im only in 2011/2012 season lol. Arsenal finished 16th but won Champs League so they qualified for that, and Chelsea were in relegation places all season, then went on a 9 game win streak and finished 12th but won the FA Cup so they qualified for europe aswel lol.

Im playing as Burton on my game and as I got promoted to League 2 as champions in my first season, Newcastle got relegated in theirs by goal difference.

And despite Chelsea winning the league, first season, Liverpool have been winning it since, with middlesbrough, spurs & villa all there or there abouts come the end of the season. The Premiership seems to always go down to the wire every season. When there's like 2 games to go, there's usually 4 or 5 points separating the top 6 lol.

Makes it fun to watch though

I've seen Cardiff become a decent European team several times and after Fegrie's retirement, Man utd go downhill.

So, in my most recent game, to increase the longevity of Alec Ferguson's career, I made him 0 years old with FMM.

This can only be realistic as only the grim reaper will dislodge the scotsman from his post.. and I don't particularly want to see that happen...

Chelsea and Arsenal have become Premiership/Championship yo-yo clubs in mine (2025).

I've restored Man Utd from a Newcastle type status to challenging for all the honours.

Liverpool have also been more like Tottenham, although last season they almost went down and this one they're back to being near the title challengers but not quite there.

There hasn't been a dominate side over the last five seasons or so, but the most consistent teams are West Ham, Tottenham, Southend and Oldham.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by amack1n:

Man Utd got relegated in the 2018/2019 season on mine. Chelsea have been taken over by a much poorer board and went into administration, also on 2018/2019. In the next season and Chelsea are 19th </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Must be Tom Hicks and George Gillet - £350m we owe now!

When the patch comes out, I want to get Arsenal relegated, and then take over them as a new manager back to the premiership... I've always wanted to see what it would be like managing one of the "big 4" in the championship. I dont know how I could get the relegated without using the editor.... and I'm scared to do that! Any suggestions?

well in 07 i bravly took on the challenge of getting chelsea out of the relegation spots only to go down by 1 or 2 points which was both dissapointing and great fun at the same time, i slowly built the team back up from the ground and after 2 tough seasons in the championship got them back to the prem only then i resigned as i felt id done what i could and moved on! i love that kind of challenge!

I've not had much experience in the English leagues yet in FM08, however I'm currently managing in Norway and the biggest club their Rosenborg BK seem to have become somewhat of a yo-yo club to and from the top flight.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by 02BAGUNNER:

I've always wanted to see what it would be like managing one of the "big 4" in the championship. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

On FM2007, I managed Juventus when they were in Serie B, which is pretty much the same. You pretty much dominate the whole season. I started of with 17 points deducted and ending up winning the league by 10 clear points.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by 02BAGUNNER:

I've always wanted to see what it would be like managing one of the "big 4" in the championship. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

On FM2007, I managed Juventus when they were in Serie B, which is pretty much the same. You pretty much dominate the whole season. I started of with 17 points deducted and ending up winning the league by 10 clear points. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Are you still able to get "big players" to come to the club?

I'm in 2022 on my game and the top of last season was

Man Utd (me)

Arsenal

Liverpool

Chelsea

Hull City are currently second though, Wolves (my previou club) have a huge 60,000 + stadium plus Uefa Cup football. Derby scum are in the Uefa Cup aswell as WBA.

I'm in 2022 on my game and the top of last season was

Man Utd (me)

Arsenal

Liverpool

Chelsea

Hull City are currently second though, Wolves (my previou club) have a huge 60,000 + stadium plus Uefa Cup football. Derby scum are in the Uefa Cup aswell as WBA.

Coventry have just finished 3rd in the Premier in my game (2017).

Nottingham Forest are in the Premier though they just went into administration and Southampton are back.

Looking at last seasons positions Liverpool look most likely to start falling having finished 6th. Man Utd could also be struggling having just lost another manager to the England job. Chelsea are going strong and Arsenal are still top 4.

Nah.

General question to everyone: sex or FM glory? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, Im only getting one of those at the moment and I think you lot can guess which one. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Haha! So coz of the shots to goal ratio issue I take it you're failing to score on AND off the pitch!? icon_biggrin.gif

In my game Norwich were brilliant between 2015-2020 and then west ham were one of the best for next several years. arsenal were relegated in 2024 after a couple of unsuccesful seasons. chelsea is always in top 5. manchester is usually placed 10-12. Liverpool is rarely in top places but always in european places or safe at least. coventry were great by 2018-2020 but quickly they got relegated. York is in championship since they bought a released keeper who was sold for 8M after 3 seasons. Southend, fulham, blackburn are always promoting to EPL and getting relegated. newcastle has won several FA and league cups (they have one of the best strikers in the world). birmingham are performing quite well last seasons, nearly always in top 3.

I'm mid way through my 7th season. I was Man City for 6 seasons breaking the big 4's grip wiing the league 3 times.

This season Man Utd have conitnued thier dismal form under Mark Hughes and lie in the bottom 3 in February, alongside Liverpool.

Newcastle went down last season, although that isn't a huge shock. If Liverpool and United both go down that would be a real shock.

My City team (now under Mourinho) are comfortably top.

Archived