Very Poor Morale

My team has been great with morale all season, and we currently lie 3rd in league one, however 1 of my star players has recently had very poor morale. He currently says he is enjoying his football at the club and after every game we win, his morale is back to okay, but then drops to very poor again. Anyone know why? seems stupid as my team is performing well and everyone else is superb morale.

i have the same problem currently playing as boston united and destroyin the BSN.. most of my team have very good and superb morale but my top goal scocer has poor morale for weeks now and he is scoring nearly week in week out.. same with my best DC has poor morale and is playing well

He currently says he is enjoying his football at the club and after every game we win, his morale is back to okay, but then drops to very poor again. Anyone know why?

This is constantly happening with my star players. As soon as one is pinpointed as "x must be stopped" their morale drops to very poor and they play like a bag of arse. Nothing I can do gets them out of it. It's very frustrating.

i will certainly have the same problem, about to start my 3rd season with Leicester where i got them to the premier league, not been able to improve the team much so will almost certainly go down bottom and will have horrible morale for the games that are a winnable

Ive just checked and it says hes happy with the training schedule and no clubs are interested in him. now all of a sudden hes back to normal with good morale :o

I actually think some players just have weired personalities in fm :)

lol just played norwich in the semi final playoff league 1 as oldham athletic and duffy had a storming game, despite starting with very poor morale :D

Was just going to say just because players moral is low dose't allways mean they will play cak :)

Can anyone recommend any decent english youngsters for the championship? will be for my 3rd season.

3rd season, not a youngster, but Leroy Lita has scored 31 in 30 games for me in the Championship!

Victor Moses is pretty decent, dubbed the next Michael Owen.

it seems to me it's definitely down to the pre-match "must be stopped" or "fears player X" news items issued by opposition managers.

Kris Boyd is exactly the same for my Boro side, it really is frustrating and needs to be addressed urgently.

it seems to me it's definitely down to the pre-match "must be stopped" or "fears player X" news items issued by opposition managers.

Kris Boyd is exactly the same for my Boro side, it really is frustrating and needs to be addressed urgently.

You cant fault the oppositon manager for trying to put pressure on your players nice and crafty

its by no no means a urgent fix

You cant fault the oppositon manager for trying to put pressure on your players nice and crafty

its by no no means a urgent fix

I understand it affecting players differently but for any manager to come out and say you're a good player to result in your morale going from superb to Very Poor every single time seems ridiculous, no?

I understand it affecting players differently but for any manager to come out and say you're a good player to result in your morale going from superb to Very Poor every single time seems ridiculous, no?

Well if its every single game yeah ok its a problem but i find it hard to believe its every game but if it is report it in bugs forum :)

Its en every game - and so far I haven't had a player on my team who could cope with the pressure.

I have tried doing it to the AI with mixed results. I've had players react like mine (morale dropping), but also a few players who went from very low to superb, one of them bagging two goals in the last ten minutes and getting MOM.

I think its an media interaction and its effect on players is an interesting feature, but until it can be properly implemented (more advanced) it should be left out. For now I guess we have to hope for a fix that could tone down the effect of media interaction.

I had to sell a player because of that, he just couldn't handle it.

Using the same thing against the AI can be very powerful even though you have to be somewhat careful in using it, look for defenders with low determination and poor morale and say that you think they are weakest links.

Don't use it every single week though.. personally i only use it against weaker teams that are on a bad form since it's likely to have players with low morale.

In my current game the opponent usually targeted one of two players. I stopped playing one of them because his morale was always low and he didn't perform any longer. Luckily they kept targeting him "Démbèle must be stopped" despite him rarely playing a game (and when he did he didn't play well). This meant that the rest of my team could concentrate on playing football. Then my new star striker became the primary target for opp. managers. His morale started dropping, and I dropped him from my team, and once again they kept targeting him, even though he rarely played and hadn't scored for more than 10 games.

Now one of them is out of contract and has left the club (I accepted a transfer request 3 seasons ago, and he kept refusing to even see my offer despite having me as favourite in player personal), the other is out on long term injury, so I'm looking forward to seeing the next victim crumble under the pressure of the 'North Cumberland Daily'.

I guess this is tied to rep or CA, but it really needs to be fixed. Both the player reaction and the amount of interaction and timing in this (not continuously targeting players that don't play well).

It needs to be more balanced and more diverse. Maybe some players should still have very strong reactions, but this should be very rare, and both strong and more balanced reactions should be both positive and negative.

Ive just had a look at the stats of duffy, and his pressure is 9, perhaps that has something to do with it :)

A 9? isnt a 9 meant to be around average. Dont see why someone with slightly below average pressure rating would be frazzled by this all the time. Maybe someone who was rated at 2 or 3 but not a 9.

The solution: Have a private chat with the player that's morale is very poor, praise his recent performances and it will move up from very poor to poor, then a week later do the same and it will move up again. Some players need to be constantly told how good they are! Trust me it happens in real life too haha!

I have had the problem of one of my star strikers beig on very poor moral most of the season, so i have started chatting to him and his moral has gone from Very Poor to Okay after just one private chat, so it may be worth you trying to have a good chat with him to see if you can get his moral up that way.

England4Ever

The solution: Have a private chat with the player that's morale is very poor, praise his recent performances and it will move up from very poor to poor, then a week later do the same and it will move up again. Some players need to be constantly told how good they are! Trust me it happens in real life too haha!

What do you do when hes been playing awful which would usually be the case if he has poor morale?

I have had the problem of one of my star strikers beig on very poor moral most of the season, so i have started chatting to him and his moral has gone from Very Poor to Okay after just one private chat, so it may be worth you trying to have a good chat with him to see if you can get his moral up that way.

England4Ever

Trouble is the private chat is totally broken, theres a good chance of him coming out of it wanting a transfer.

It doesn't work anyway because, even if you get him to OK, next week he will be targeted again before the match and will go to very poor. There's no way out of this, unless he's injured and the opponent manager switches target. It's a bug.

Yep I've experienced the same bug in my game. My star striker was destroying the Blue Square North until he started getting targeted. Now he's been dropped as he is a shadow of the player he used to be. A silly bug that needs to be added to the list.

I've had players go into random meltdown with their moral, going from poor to very poor for no good reason. My solution - private chat. Warn them that you'll transfer list them unless they sort their attitude out. 9 times out of 10 they apologise, say they'll be good and their moral goes back to good.

Doesn't make sense to me. What reason do I have to warn them about their 'attitude'? Attitude to what? They train ok, play ok, and my team is top of the league. No idication as to what is causing their moral to be poor. So I have a go at their attitude and they apologise.

Hmmmmm

What do you do when hes been playing awful which would usually be the case if he has poor morale?

That all depends on the players personality... if he has a strong personality then you would set his pre-match talk to "You have faith in his ability" and if he has a weak personality you would want to take the pressure away from him by setting his pre-match talk to "No pressure".

With my current team I have had a bad start to the season and my star striker couldn't hit a bull's @ss with a banjo... no surprise his morale is very poor. So in my last match, away from home, I dropped the striker and brought him on at half time telling him "He can make the difference" and that boosted his confidence and he scored twice in a 3-0 win.

I kind of had this issue in my LLM save, my centre-mid Ibrahim Sissoko was being targeted by the opposition managers before every game, his morale was Very Poor but I kept on playing him and he kept on playing fine and the team kept on winning...

AI managers have now switched their attentions to my right winger Ryan Borris who is also doing just fine, in fact... his morale doesn't even appear to be affected! He dropped to Very Good from Superb the first time he was targeted but was back to Superb before the game started with no intervention from me and now it doesn't seem to affect him at all - he's been the target for the last 3 or 4 games and he has played in them all and we've won them all.

There must be a hidden attribute somewhere that controls the effect that being targeted in this way has on a player...

Yep I've experienced the same bug in my game. My star striker was destroying the Blue Square North until he started getting targeted. Now he's been dropped as he is a shadow of the player he used to be. A silly bug that needs to be added to the list.

On the other hand, if they have high pressure, they will usually win the game buy themselves.

I stopped using it after my opponent was scoring hattrick after hattrick.

If you target the right player, 1 player might be poor but they can still win, if you get the wrong player, its a guaranteed loss.

Yet another "feature" with no possible good long term outcome.

Only if you're a no-name manager at a huge club trying to mouth off to established superstars.

Not really, its a huge problem and its worthless when you ask a player with a 5.9 av rating to play better and he then does a Tevez.

Again, its another "feature" that has a minimal good outcome but a massive downside and its all down to pot luck at its based on hidden stats.

That all depends on the players personality... if he has a strong personality then you would set his pre-match talk to "You have faith in his ability" and if he has a weak personality you would want to take the pressure away from him by setting his pre-match talk to "No pressure".

With my current team I have had a bad start to the season and my star striker couldn't hit a bull's @ss with a banjo... no surprise his morale is very poor. So in my last match, away from home, I dropped the striker and brought him on at half time telling him "He can make the difference" and that boosted his confidence and he scored twice in a 3-0 win.

Why was the strikers moral so low if you have a way of building it up as posted in the 1st paragraph?

Scoring can just happen randomly anyway, another loss and his morale will drop and he will be crap again and youll have to wait until he somehow scores a goal to get his morale up.

Not really, its a huge problem and its worthless when you ask a player with a 5.9 av rating to play better and he then does a Tevez.

Again, its another "feature" that has a minimal good outcome but a massive downside and its all down to pot luck at its based on hidden stats.

not at all, as you have just shown it happens in real life, you just have to learn what kind of players you are managing, some will not take kindly to you being critical of them no matter what, just like real life.

The interactions can have a great effect if you use them properly, from building good relations with your star players to getting more out of players who look complacent. I have made them work very well so far.

Over the course of the season I've just played, I've only had one player complain when I told him he wasn't playing well enough, and he backed down after I reminded him that I'm the one picking the team. I was talking to players after every single match so it's not like I've been avoiding these conversations. I have a few players who now have me as favoured personnel solely based on my conversations with them.

The only time I've seriously fallen out with players is when I've told them that I'm selling them or asked them to terminate their contract, which is pretty understandable really. I did manage to convince a good few to accept a mutual termination though.

From what I understand from speaking to other people, my experience is the norm at smaller clubs. I haven't played at enough big clubs to get a good feel for how players react, but I think it's telling that most of the complaints about the player interaction on the forum are from people trying to tell big players with massive egos what to do.

Players in general are incredibly stupid, not one player has agreed to develop a bullet throw because they dont think it would help them. It would practically guarantee their place.

Interaction is like a guessing game and the player will want to leave over the most trivial thing if you get it wrong, its broken and you just have to look at the complaints. Same goes for the transfer system although some people think thats ok.

not at all, as you have just shown it happens in real life, you just have to learn what kind of players you are managing, some will not take kindly to you being critical of them no matter what, just like real life.

The interactions can have a great effect if you use them properly, from building good relations with your star players to getting more out of players who look complacent. I have made them work very well so far.

Yes but theres a good chance the player will hate you if you tell him 6.00 is not good enough over the last 5 games, so its best just to avoid it totally. Interaction was laughable, especially pre patch, its just a guessing game based on hidden stats.

In reality any player with a rating over 7.5 would agree hes done well and any player under 6 would say he has to improve. I had 5 or 6 players said theyve played "pretty well" with a 6 rating, get in a strop and then hate me or want to leave.

Whats the point in doing anything that has the potential for a small gain but a massive loss?

Getting back to the topic of the poor morale cycle, I'm having the same problem with Chad Barrett in Toronto FC. He was happy as a lamb, scoring for fun, his value raising to something like £1.6 million (not bad for the MLS) without him wanting to leave for pastures green... Then he keeps on getting told that he must be stopped. He used to run around, willy nilly, sending in crosses, dribbling like a mad thing and scoring incredible goals but now he's always playing without confidence, scuffs his shots, etc.

I've tried raising his morale via the interaction, but as others have noted, just before the game the same message pops up and his morale drops again and once again he's playing duff. It's a vicious cycle and it seems that nothing can really be done through the game mechanics to save it.

Maybe it's not game breaking. After all, I can always get other strikkers in the team, but you tend to grow attatched to the players you nurture throughout the seasons and to see them start to play terrible without anything you can do having an effect... It's a bit disheartening!

Yes but theres a good chance the player will hate you if you tell him 6.00 is not good enough over the last 5 games, so its best just to avoid it totally. Interaction was laughable, especially pre patch, its just a guessing game based on hidden stats.

In reality any player with a rating over 7.5 would agree hes done well and any player under 6 would say he has to improve. I had 5 or 6 players said theyve played "pretty well" with a 6 rating, get in a strop and then hate me or want to leave.

Whats the point in doing anything that has the potential for a small gain but a massive loss?

i would say your speaking nonsense to be honest, a 7.5 average over 5 games is not brilliant form, good enough form but definately room for improvment, i only use it if players have had a very good match, or very poor match and it works perfectly, i have very good relations with my star players due to this. Its not a guessing game at all, you are just not using the feature correctly, if one person can make it work then everyone has the ability to make it work, just look at it more closely, learn what works. This isnt real life it wont react exactly like real life. It may not be perfect but its a massive improvment on what they had before.

Not really, you just cant see the faults in the game.

Fanbois always say its the persons fault rather than the game, that might be the case if only 1 or 2 were playing but seeing as a lot of people are saying this is the worst game ever and its unplayable.

Morale, player interaction, transfer system, player unhappiness.

Its all 100% broke, anyone denying that is just sticking their head in the sand.

Not really, you just cant see the faults in the game.

Fanbois always say its the persons fault rather than the game, that might be the case if only 1 or 2 were playing but seeing as a lot of people are saying this is the worst game ever and its unplayable.

Morale, player interaction, transfer system, player unhappiness.

Its all 100% broke, anyone denying that is just sticking their head in the sand.

and people who cannot play the game properly always blame the game before looking at how they are managing their team.

If you think it is that bad, dont play it, just put it aside and move on. Nothing is broken in the game, its just people havent figured out how to work things properly, there are people happily playing this game successfully, please do not think you are the voice of everyone playing FM11.

Archived