What an absoloute JOKE! Meant to be realistic?

Complete Bull!? Can someone please explain in real life a situation where Manchester United, just so happen to be on a run of 17 wins, versus the likes of Chelsea, Arsenal etc, can then go and play their first team, against BOLTON and lose 4-1.

Same tactics, 99-100 % conditioned First Team, world class players, and lose 4-1. Why the hell can the AI work out your game plan so instantly so you must change your tactics. Its happened in the last four games ive started with a random massive loss for no reason, and is complete s***.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, But it doesn't happen. There was no reason, nothing changed :S It's pathetic. Now, judging from past game experience i'll go on a ten game losing streak, until i turn my PC off and go on the game the next day, and amazingly it's all fixed again. This game really P***** me off!!

Yes, But it doesn't happen. There was no reason, nothing changed :S It's pathetic. Now, judging from past game experience i'll go on a ten game losing streak, until i turn my PC off and go on the game the next day, and amazingly it's all fixed again. This game really P***** me off!!

Once again- overconfidence in your team and/or complacency.

In my St. Pauli save I beat Bayern 2 games in a row my first season (Cup, then league) then ended up losing the next match against Frankfurt- should I be bitching and moaning too? No- it happens.

What :S ? I know how football IRL works, and I also know the game is nothing like it :)

You obviously have no idea how football IRL works, so read up, son!

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2009/oct/27/real-madrid-alcorcon-copa-del-rey

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&cd=4&ved=0CCoQFjAD&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.tsn.ca%2Fsoccer%2Fstory%2F%3Fid%3D255554&ei=PinnTJ_QNYKclgeoqK3TCQ&usg=AFQjCNGefzYxg5TBVPU_NB1CbIHOPBiMBg

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&cd=10&sqi=2&ved=0CFkQFjAJ&url=http%3A%2F%2Fnewsbeta.bbc.co.uk%2Fsport2%2Fhi%2Ffootball%2Feng_prem%2F9180668.stm&ei=1innTM6TLcaAlAenruXTCQ&usg=AFQjCNGIFEt8Pvlxf1BBrPkA4Qr9Qo-sJg

What :S ? I know how football IRL works, and I also know the game is nothing like it :)

then you would know changing nothing means your opponent learns how you play and your strategies for winning games, it does happen, deal with it.

If football would be as predictable as you think it should, than everybody could become a millionaire by just betting the results of the next round.

League leaders Chelsea lost 3-0 to Sunderland last week. Do you watch football? Matches aren't won in the pre-match analysis of the players. It's won on the pitch.

However, if you want, you can always reload against Bolton and beat them. Problem solved and your winning streak is intact. Happy gaming mate. :)

No, but in a game where everything is fine and your team are playing well, a 4-1 loss is a bit over the top, 2-0 is fine but to ship 4 in one game when youve only conceded 4 for the rest of the season thus far is nonsense :/

After all the responses in this thread, do you really believe you are still right?

I mean, really?

Seriously?

is this thread serious? or does the OP have issues

No he just has a hissy fit every time he thinks something bad happens, as edgar has already pointed.

@ OP I was on an 11 game unbeaten streak when I got hammered 7-2 by Real (painful), and then 5 games later lost 2-0 to Sociedad, but I didn't complain. I gave the team the hairdryer treatment and kept going on. BTW I'm Valenicia for my first semi-serious save.

Where Chelsea had two or three star players out as well as losing their assistant manager in controversial circumstances days before?

Not un realistic in my eyes ?

of course its not unrealistic, it happened!!! :D

You really want to call the game unrealistic because you didn't know how to handle a bolton side that had you all figured out?

Hmm, Yes?

Because a lot of people on these forums get kicks from coming on here to be as sarcastic as possible to please themselves, and that is their lifes?

Yeah and other people who clearly no absolutely nothing about football come on here and cry when they've lost a game because they are big bad Man U and heaven forbid they should lose a game.

Grow up and grow a pair.

Or stop playing FM.

No he just has a hissy fit every time he thinks something bad happens, as edgar has already pointed.

@ OP I was on an 11 game unbeaten streak when I got hammered 7-2 by Real (painful), and then 5 games later lost 2-0 to Sociedad, but I didn't complain. I gave the team the hairdryer treatment and kept going on. BTW I'm Valenicia for my first semi-serious save.

It's not a hissy fit :s it's my view that i think the game exaggerates certain circumstances, e.g. scorelines, goal difference.

Where Chelsea had two or three star players out as well as losing their assistant manager in controversial circumstances days before?

Not un realistic in my eyes ?

Home field advantage usually counts for a 3/4 advantage- Chelsea had that.

Assistant managers and controversial circumstances shouldn't make that big of a difference, that's media hype ********.

In your game, you probably play the same players too much making them jaded. Again, since you obviously missed it, your loss probably boiled down to overconfidence and/or complacency in your team- or possibly just the law of probability.

Also, read the articles I posted- please.

Yeah and other people who clearly no absolutely nothing about football come on here and cry when they've lost a game because they are big bad Man U and heaven forbid they should lose a game.

Grow up and grow a pair.

Or stop playing FM.

Bet i know a hell of a lot more about REAL football than you mate (y)

Okay, another one. Spain lost against Switzerland in the world cup after how many successful games? Not to say, that Switzerland lost against Luxembourg in there qualifying group. At home.

It's not a hissy fit :s it's my view that i think the game exaggerates certain circumstances, e.g. scorelines, goal difference.

Well let me be the first to inform you that your view (which you are entitled to) is completely and utterly wrong, false and incorrect.

And if this thread isn't a hissy fit, I have no idea what is.

Home field advantage usually counts for a 3/4 advantage- Chelsea had that.

Assistant managers and controversial circumstances shouldn't make that big of a difference, that's media hype ********.

In your game, you probably play the same players too much making them jaded. Again, since you obviously missed it, your loss probably boiled down to overconfidence and/or complacency in your team- or possibly just the law of probability.

Also, read the articles I posted- please.

I don't though, i regularly rotate players.

And the Real Madrid ones were extremly under dog teams, that normally put on an outstanding performance, but I know what you mean.

Okay, another one. Spain lost against Switzerland in the world cup after how many successful games? Not to say, that Switzerland lost against Luxembourg in there qualifying group. At home.

Actually, what about USA beating Spain in the Confed Cup after the Spaniards had won 15 straight, and hadn't lost in 35 matches?

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/report?id=270153&cc=3888

OP should read that, too.

Bet i know a hell of a lot more about REAL football than you mate (y)

Normally I wouldn't respond to this kind of comment. How does one prove their knowledge is greater than the other?

However, luckily for me, this thread and your comments are living, enshrined in the internet forever proof that you know very little about football.

Normally I wouldn't respond to this kind of comment. How does one prove their knowledge is greater than the other?

However, luckily for me, this thread and your comments are living, enshrined in the internet forever proof that you know very little about football.

Haha, and you know so much about football, you believe everything in a management sim is living, breathing footballing truth? Moron

I too have experienced the "Can't win a game until you quit game and load game again"

It is something built into the game - that you can't win so many game etc. But teams that go on winning streaks often get complacent. My complaint here would be that the same results don't happen after restarting the game.

Haha, and you know so much about football, you believe everything in a management sim is living, breathing footballing truth? Moron

Where have I said that?

I assume you just didn't understand the meaning of my post. Which is unsurprising.

"I lost to Bolton, waah, waah, waah. The game is broken, I'm not playing with you any more". Yes it is pretty much a hissy fit. If you don't like being called on this kind of thing don't play the game and don't post here. You'd be doing the rest of us a favour.

Archived