How to Get a New Job???

So I'm managing Evian TG in France, have now won back to back league titles but I can't get a new job...

I'm one of 3 world class managers in the world but every time I apply for a job I get rejected.

I've applied to Crystal Palace(League 1 England), Dortmund, West Ham, Valladolid, Cacereno(Adelante) and Napoli amongst others. Never get accepted for the jobs.

Is there some bug that stops you being able to get a new job? I declare my interest, apply, do everything but it just doesn't seem possible to go to another club?

Yeah I'm getting that feeling also. It's funny because in my prior save I didn't want to leave and every time the Real Madrid, Valencia, Atletico Madrid or Barcelona jobs came up they would offer me the spot, now I want to do a journeyman type save and I can't escpae.

Just got rejected by Pro Sesto ffs. Responded to Rumours Roma would fire their manager and he went from Under Review to stable the second I did(is the 3rd time I've done/seen this now).

I thought maybe it might be something related to a payout of current contract for why smaller clubs wouldn't hire me, but I'm not into the final 8 months of my contract and I'd think as one of the biggest managers in the world that shouldn't matter?

So I'm managing Evian TG in France, have now won back to back league titles but I can't get a new job...

I'm one of 3 world class managers in the world but every time I apply for a job I get rejected.

I've applied to Crystal Palace(League 1 England), Dortmund, West Ham, Valladolid, Cacereno(Adelante) and Napoli amongst others. Never get accepted for the jobs.

Is there some bug that stops you being able to get a new job? I declare my interest, apply, do everything but it just doesn't seem possible to go to another club?

Its because you have a contract with a top club.

Other clubs don't feel that they can afford either the compensation due or the level of wages you would want if they offer you the job.

Not sure about that as I managed Liverpool to success then after saving the game decided to re-sign to see what club I could get as Man Utd wanted a new manager. Instead i got at job at Shrewsbury who were in League 1 which seemed totally unrealistic but spent 3 seasons there getting them promoted twice

I've only ever managed to change clubs in FM10 by risking resigning from my current club before applying for a new job, it seems to be coded into the game that clubs wont hire a manager that is currently employed by another club;.

Wrong. I was managing Linz LASK in Austria and was offered the Liverpool, Tenerife and Chievo jobs.

So the general theory is that if you are successful and get a club to the top level that you are basically trapped at that club unless you retire?

I resigned in the end and every team I applied for wanted me. Seems stupid that they won't even negotiate with you because you are on more than they can afford, I mean if you apply for a job at a small team it would seem to be common sense that you are expecting and ok with a pay cut?

Makes things really difficult if you are a successful manager that wants to be a journeyman. I mean if a team like Evian is prohibitive to West Ham or Valladolid for example what chance would you have with just about any club...

I just applied for the Villareal job whilst manager of Nottm Forest and they signed me up straight away.

However, they had to pay very little compensation to forest because I was on a miniscule contract. However, if you are on a massive 50K a week, 4-year deal, then Crystal Palace won't be able to pay out your current contract.

I'm currently playing with Eendracht Aalst after 5 Seasons Ascoli who where just promoted offered me a Job in the Serie A.

During my time in Aalst a lot of Serie B and C teams declared interest.

Important note: I have Italian as second nationality and Belgian as first.

So the general theory is that if you are successful and get a club to the top level that you are basically trapped at that club unless you retire?

I resigned in the end and every team I applied for wanted me. Seems stupid that they won't even negotiate with you because you are on more than they can afford, I mean if you apply for a job at a small team it would seem to be common sense that you are expecting and ok with a pay cut?

Makes things really difficult if you are a successful manager that wants to be a journeyman. I mean if a team like Evian is prohibitive to West Ham or Valladolid for example what chance would you have with just about any club...

You are not trapped. If you are manager of Man United you will have big wages and that means if another club wants to hire you they have to pay compensation to Man United. Other top clubs will be able to afford it but even if they can afford it they may still not want to pay it as there could be other managers out there who they feel could just as good a job and compensation could be much lower.

Its because you have a contract with a top club.

Other clubs don't feel that they can afford either the compensation due or the level of wages you would want if they offer you the job.

It's this, best thing is if a job comes up you want, then resign first (save your game if dubious about doing this), then you'll more than likely get offered the job.

Think of it this way, if Mourinho applies for the more than likely upcoming Scunthorpe job, they would have to turn him down as paying Reals compensation would probably send the club bankrupt.

I've only ever managed to change clubs in FM10 by risking resigning from my current club before applying for a new job, it seems to be coded into the game that clubs wont hire a manager that is currently employed by another club;.

I got offered the I think it was Blackburn job while I was still Coventry manager, I hadn't even declared interest. I mean, they sent me a contract not just a media link, so its definitly not coded into the game.

Yeah but I was manager of Den Bosch on no more than 20k and was world class having won the league x 6 and uefa cup x 2 and was linked with all manor of big teams. Despite applying for big jobs I never got offered any.

I had to resign int he end and got offered the job as Hibs manager. I accepted as I assumed I wouldnt get much better. Only to get offered the Man Utd job 9 or 10 days later

Surley 20k isnt that much for a large team to pay up for? They would for a top player, why not a world class manager?

seems a bit silly, but im sure the fans will be glad to see the back of you after all the speculation they must be getting :L i would resign and look to further you career, also notify someone from the SI team, as this is a pain for some FM managers

seems a bit silly, but im sure the fans will be glad to see the back of you after all the speculation they must be getting :L i would resign and look to further you career, also notify someone from the SI team, as this is a pain for some FM managers

definatly a pain when your trying to have a varied career crossing mutliple nations. leagues and levels

Archived