They become good in my game. Bought Mikel from me too before he returned to England (for Arsenal!)

Meet them in knock out stage a lot but don't think I've seen them get that finishing top spot in Serie A.

I've complained about this on some other place...Yeah, after a couple of years they become a dominating force both domestically and european.

After looking in the editor, I can't find what it's wrong... Their manager has a bit high PA, but nothing seems really out of place.

Genoa have some great youngsters coming up. I see them become a CL playing team irl.

In my game I managed them from 2021-2024. I've won 3 titles with them and 2 CL.

After I left they've won the serie A every time. Seems like they're not going to win their 10th consecutive serie A title though.

They've also won the last 3 CL's and still going for nr 4.

That's all because I gave them a world class young team off course. And my successor Rosicky seems to buy a wonderkid every transfer window.

They've even become as rich as Real Madrid.

I'm in 2014/2015 with Juventus and Genoa are steadily improving e.g. I just sold them a 29 year old Edin Dzeko for £27 million (he's almost 30 and has more goal droughts than Emile Heskey). It's only a matter of time before they move into the Champions League places.

They profit a lot from their manager having 433 with 3 central strikers as his preferred formation. The 3 central strikers are way too effective in the ME and thus cause the club to overperform regularly.

Hence their abnormal success in so many saves...

genoa were rubbish in fm09, in my legendary juve save. I used to torunce them everytime but they used to finish at least 8th or 9th but not the higher echelons as is being mentioned.

However i have noticed there name apearing in my fm10 save in the ECL, so it is a bug more than likely

They profit a lot from their manager having 433 with 3 central strikers as his preferred formation. The 3 central strikers are way too effective in the ME and thus cause the club to overperform regularly.

Hence their abnormal success in so many saves...

It's 3-4-3 actually and it does seem to be a bit over-powered even though they have some great players.

Genoa have some great youngsters coming up. I see them become a CL playing team irl.

I don't think Genoa will ever have the economical power to become a regular CL side.

They could, best case scenario, land a CL spot in a season where they overperform while at least another 3/4 clubs underachieve. Badly. Just like Sampdoria did this year.

Granted Italy will lose the 4th CL spot in 1-2 years anyway, so their chances will be close to zero with just 3 spots available.

All the good young players will get sold sooner than later... Genoa just doesn't have any other way to survive than being a stepping stone for younger players, or a place where fizzling stars can try to rebuild their career.

Definitely in FM2010 they are given way too much credit

I don't think Genoa will ever have the economical power to become a regular CL side.

Yes, I didn't really meant a regular. I meant playing in the CL once or twice and then lose all their good players to bigger teams.

Archived