Training Poll

Do you touch training?  

106 members have voted

1. 1. Do you touch training?

• Set up / download training schedules
    • Don't touch training!

Do you bother with training or do you leave it alone completely? I have tried to use training schedules from other players but they seem to just cause more problems, fatigue issues, injuries etc. Wanted to see what most people do on here...

I make my own. One each for goalies, full backs, centre backs, defensive mids, attacking mids, wingers and strikers, and tweak aerobic and strength for each at certain points during the season, depending on fixture schedules.

I set up my own schedules, one for each type of position (GK, DC, fullback, MC(d), MC(a), Winger, ST(h), and ST(p), a schedule to concentrate on set pieces, another to concentrate on the physicals, and one customized for "me") in each of regular, preseason, and light (no setpiecer or physical here)(for use during mid-March through May, to cut down on injuries and fatigue), both youth (no "me" or light subset) and senior (and a part-time set, until we turn pro).

I download SFraser's, set them up at the start of the season and then don't touch them again until it's necessary, like if a youth player starts proper training, or a player moves from "Developing" to "First Choice" or from "First Choice" to "Veteran".

I have a pre-season schedule for everyone but goalkeepers, high on physical and tactics.

Then about two weeks before the season kicks off, they split into:

Defence

Mid-regular (IE, MCs and DMCs)

Mid-attack (AMCs and Wingers)

Striker

I find that's all I need, but often think about adding in a winger-specific regime as well as splitting out full backs from CBs.

I think this is essential. The default regime, in my experience, increases injuries.

I just leave it as it is.

Would love to make my own schedule but when I look at it I get a bit daunted by it all!

It'd be good if SI done something along the same lines as the tactics wizard. That way people like me could have it simplified and other could stick to the current format.

You should have made set up and download as 2 seperate options. I always do my own, same with tactics, I'd never download someone elses.

I honestly don't get the problem with training, yes it could be and maybe by now should be overhauled but imo is simple to use and get good results.

I have a pre-season schedule for everyone but goalkeepers, high on physical and tactics.

Then about two weeks before the season kicks off, they split into:

Defence

Mid-regular (IE, MCs and DMCs)

Mid-attack (AMCs and Wingers)

Striker

I find that's all I need, but often think about adding in a winger-specific regime as well as splitting out full backs from CBs.

I think this is essential. The default regime, in my experience, increases injuries.

I do almost exactly this but I have Defend, Support and Attack schedules.

Archived