Winnig the Champs Lg with Rangers in FM10

How many people in all honesty have won the CL in this years game with Rangers, without as much as a single /save Game/reload ??

I had a quick look through the Rangers thread and it dosent look like many have! There was a couple that had won the euefa equivilent minor euro tournament but not the CL.

I have always managed it in previous years,,usually within 3/4 seasons,, But in this one I seem to get as far as the quarter or semi,, then hit a wall.

I have what i think is a fairly decent side that is just about to win its tenth lg title in a row, and they win the domestic treble most seasons also,,,,just dont know where im going wrong in europe in FM10. It is deffinatley more difficult in europe this years game than any other IMO.

So be honest ,, how many have ?? and has anyone ever repeated it,, so as to prove not just a fluke lol,, ??

Have in previous versions but yet to repeat that in this game. Not really had a long game with them yet though.

Just played Man U there in the group stages during my second season. I scored early, and was feeling quite comfortable because they weren't threating too much with the majority of possesion, and i was keeping Rooney very quiet, but, as you expect from Man U, they equalised in the 93rd min with the last kick of the ball! :(

Got to the semi's in 2015/16 but Barcelona pumped me 4-1. Definitely much harder than last year to win the Champions league but that's a good thing i think.

Least i always beat Celtic, that's the main thing :p

I found with my Betis side the game really did seem to have a thing about me progressing in the Champions League. In the first knock out round I would get 2 or 3 of my defence injured or suspended and absolutely ridiculous goals against me. The one season against Tottenham it was the 80thodd minute 2nd leg and heading out. Verratti was streaming through the middle and the opposition goalkeeper, in fear or whatever, maybe he saw his girl with a different guy in the stand, anyway, he ran away from the goal leaving Verratti to slot it in! Haven't looked back since really!

Well i just managed to qualify against greek team Panathinaikos 3-2 on agg, was 2-0 down inside 8 mins at there ground so good comeback, raised my budget from 2.5m to 14m by selling and bought neymar, rodwell, marquinhos, enrique on 48 months and Jadson on a free. No neymar till next season though and Jadson not till january, but then the brazilians shall grace the SPL :D well thats the plan, never quite works though :(

Update - Aidan McGeady just broke his ankle 2nd game in, 3-4 months :(

How many people in all honesty have won the CL in this years game with Rangers, without as much as a single /save Game/reload ??

I had a quick look through the Rangers thread and it dosent look like many have! There was a couple that had won the euefa equivilent minor euro tournament but not the CL.

I have always managed it in previous years,,usually within 3/4 seasons,, But in this one I seem to get as far as the quarter or semi,, then hit a wall.

I have what i think is a fairly decent side that is just about to win its tenth lg title in a row, and they win the domestic treble most seasons also,,,,just dont know where im going wrong in europe in FM10. It is deffinatley more difficult in europe this years game than any other IMO.

So be honest ,, how many have ?? and has anyone ever repeated it,, so as to prove not just a fluke lol,, ??

in season 2012/13 i got to the semis it ws my first season at rangers.who had finshed like 30 odd points behind celtic in the league the seaon before.i signed some good players and i got to the semis.only about 5 of the team would get a start for a **** premier league team in england.

Got to the semis in 2012/13. Scraped through the group with 7 points then knocked Juventus 3-2 (Boyd equalising with the last kick of the game in the Delle Alip), put HSV out in the quarters 5-2 with two good wins, then hit Barcelona...........end of story. :-(

I think the difficulty of winning the CL has always been pretty spot on. I've made teams of 'galaticos' with Europe's big teams who can win domestic leagues/cups regularly and create a dynasty, but the CL I might win 2-3 times in 10 seasons at best. Always there or thereabouts 1/4, semis, runners up etc but to win it does seem like a real achievement, with a dose of lucky breaks thrown in....as it should be reality-wise.

Winning it with Rangers/Celtic/Shaktar/Lyon/Porto/Ajax (no offence to them!!) must be the dogs as achievements go.

Im in my second season at rangers and just beat Bayern 2-1 in group stage and looking good to qualify.

A bit off subject but this was one of my best results ive ever had on fm 2010 and it was in my first old firm game.

Rangers_7_Celtic_0.jpg

Amazingly the title race still went to the last game of the season with celtic and they needed to win to capture the title but luckily the game ended in a 0-0 draw.

Archived