Best Career Game

I find places like Scandinavia and Russia to be terrible for a career game. You only get two levels so you're pretty much forced to start at or near the top. And the quality of regens from those countries is not good enough to it just gets more and more mediocre. Plus, the Russian league doesn't have the pull that it has in real life. It's too hard to sign players. In real life it's easier to sign them. It's just harder to make them want to stay!

I find places like Scandinavia and Russia to be terrible for a career game. You only get two levels so you're pretty much forced to start at or near the top. And the quality of regens from those countries is not good enough to it just gets more and more mediocre. Plus, the Russian league doesn't have the pull that it has in real life. It's too hard to sign players. In real life it's easier to sign them. It's just harder to make them want to stay!

I second that, try for a country with a vast league system, England, Spain, Italy or Scotland.

I see a dafuge type challenge here :D

Go on holiday for the 1st season, until all the new fixtures for the 10/11 season are decided. Save the game and add yourself as manager of one of the promoted teams into the BSN/S. It means you can build a club up from basically nothing and make it your own. Try to get them to the top.

Scandinavia is good. In Sweden and Norway you get four levels, I think. Not sure about Denmark.

The bottom divisions are increasingly regionalised and therefore the clubs are very poor at the bottom level. It is therefore a long way to the top.

Mike7077[/b] viewpost.gif

Mike7077 just not true, I've always found Scandinavia (mainly Norway) great places to start a career type game. It's really cool to build up your reputation from nothing in a smaller nation then get that big chance to move to one of the bigger leagues with a job offer.

Scandinavia is good. In Sweden and Norway you get four levels, I think. Not sure about Denmark.

The bottom divisions are increasingly regionalised and therefore the clubs are very poor at the bottom level. It is therefore a long way to the top.

3 levels in Norway Crouchy.;)

Southampton is a good team for this with all their young players and great training/youth facilities. Try to get them back to the Prem.

I would love to start a Southampton game :( but I cannot due to the sheer fact of being Portsmouth. (I just like So'ton situation and all that, think it would make an interesting career.

IN FM09 in England I've played as QPR (good finances and low exceptions). And as Leicester (when they were in League One). And even as Rushden in FM10 (quit when I got to Championship because even though I was about to get my players refused to renew contracts and wanted to go to Reading and other mid table championship clubs, SI dropped the ball on this one). Normally clubs with good youth facilities is fun to play as. I would try as Rushden as they have the best facilities in the lower leagues.

On the flip-side of what Blacksquare says, you could try Gateshead? The thing that makes tham a good challenge is the 11,000 seater stadium they have. It means that extra bit of cash when you start drawing a crowd and makes the need for a new stadium less urgent.

Mike7077 just not true, I've always found Scandinavia (mainly Norway) great places to start a career type game. It's really cool to build up your reputation from nothing in a smaller nation then get that big chance to move to one of the bigger leagues with a job offer.

Ah, but that's different to what I was saying. You can pretty much say that anywhere is good to start a career game as long as you load enough leagues to move around. But I don't think the Scandinavian leagues or Russia are good enough for a career in which you remain in the same country. And that is because of the reasons I gave in my post.

Ah, but that's different to what I was saying. You can pretty much say that anywhere is good to start a career game as long as you load enough leagues to move around. But I don't think the Scandinavian leagues or Russia are good enough for a career in which you remain in the same country. And that is because of the reasons I gave in my post.

I see. I've played out one or two careers with just Norway loaded and found it enjoyable, however the frustration of your best players constantly getting signed up by big foreign clubs is annoying so I know what your saying.

I always find myself only being able ot play 2 or 3 seasons beofre i get bored, and start a new game. So want to start a new long career game, which are the best teams in England to do this with

The answer to that question is different for everybody.

Archived