Attributes Different In-Game Than In Editor?

I've tried creating myself and adding me into the game, with attributes that would make me a good squad player for Leeds (my club).

But whenever I start a new game, my stats get reduced by about 2-3 each. I've tried raising my reputation, raising my CA, and even raising the stats in the editor so they'll start at the ones I want in game, but the attributes in the game now drop even lower?

Any idea how I can get my player to have the same stats in FM to the ones I give him in the editor?

I've also tried using FMRTE to edit the attributes, but after a month or so, the attributes all drop back to their original ones.

Any help would be much appreciated, thanks.

Because attributes are given weight to each attribute so say for example a striker would have finishing with a weight of 10 Ca points you could say for example where as marking or tackling may only be one. That being said being two footed also takes a chunk of your ca. even then if you only choose the player to be 1 footed only you cant get all attributes to be 20. I hope you made sense of that :p

I've tried raising the CA to as high as 105, which is higher than the likes of Bradley Johnson, who has the sort of attributes I want my player to ahve.

The strange thing is, before they were all dropping by about 1 or 2 points, when I set the PA to about 80 or 85, now they drop by 4 or 5 points with the CA at 105. How does that work?

My player is only 16, is his age also a factor?

They change because I think but not sure the game edits your attributes so that they can get to what you put in the editor when you get the best training possible if you have a hih enough PA if that makes sense.

But I don't want to the attributes to get to what I set in the editor, I want them to start with the attributes I put into the editor..

I also don't understand how players with lower CA can have higher attributes? I just tried raising the CA to 120 (which is higher than Snodgrass' CA). The stats still get reduced, but not as much. But they are still much, much lower than the attributes of Snodgrass.

Is age a factor?

This is actually a very interesting topic, I have always wondered how this worked, before the new editor i was re-creating teams and players, and yet i could never come to grips with why the players never had the attributes i gave them, have noticed this since way back, I dont really have an answer for you so i am sorry in that respect but may if we good get a mod or tester to shed some light on this it would be great!!!

physical attributes for example have a massive weighting on them compared to technical ones, hence why theo walcott has apparently poor attributes, yet if you look he is just exceptionally fast. conversely abou diaby, someone with a decent premier league CA, is actually highly effective because his physical attributes are so good.

Frankly, I haven't seen the inside of an editor in ages, what I know is all from (much) older versions of the game, so what I am about to say may well be complete rubbish nowadays, but this is how it used to be:

The game would seek to bring values closer together; for instance if you gave your striker 20 for Finishing and 1 for Marking in the editor, you would likely see them as 15 and 6 in-game. Moreover, the gap the game would allow was smaller for players with a high CA than for players with a low CA. This would explain the fact that you had smaller differences between editor and game at a lower CA - assuming you mainly looked at the attributes that were relevant for your player.

Ideally, you would need to know the total number of CA points you can hand out at a certain CA, but there's no real way of knowing, I suppose, especially with the weighting and all.

Because attributes are given weight to each attribute so say for example a striker would have finishing with a weight of 10 Ca points you could say for example where as marking or tackling may only be one. That being said being two footed also takes a chunk of your ca. even then if you only choose the player to be 1 footed only you cant get all attributes to be 20. I hope you made sense of that :p

This can't be stressed enough.

To the OP, I would suggest you give your weaker foot only 1 point. Save editor data, and load up a test game (small database, one division only). See what your attributes look like then. Then give your weaker (er, no longer) foot 20 points and load up another game, and see the difference. Then another game giving your weaker foot 10 points.

Observing this should help you somewhat in tweaking this stuff in the future (knowing more or less how many attribute points you can assign to a player, relative to CA and two-footedness).

And as has been said, physical attributes also take a biggish chunk. What I tend to do is lower the Natural Fitness attribute if it's quite high, as to me it seems like one of the less essential ones. Also, you don't need Stamina to be more than 1 point higher than a player's Workrate. And for Goalkeepers and Central Defenders the Stamina can be considerably less than their Workrate. They don't run as many kilometres in a match.

I've tried raising the CA to as high as 105, which is higher than the likes of Bradley Johnson, who has the sort of attributes I want my player to ahve.

The strange thing is, before they were all dropping by about 1 or 2 points, when I set the PA to about 80 or 85, now they drop by 4 or 5 points with the CA at 105. How does that work?

PA should always be equal to or higher than CA. If you're setting your PA to 80, you're CA is probably dropping to 80 as well (or PA increased, not sure how the game will decide).

And as has been said, physical attributes also take a biggish chunk. What I tend to do is lower the Natural Fitness attribute if it's quite high, as to me it seems like one of the less essential ones. Also, you don't need Stamina to be more than 1 point higher than a player's Workrate. And for Goalkeepers and Central Defenders the Stamina can be considerably less than their Workrate. They don't run as many kilometres in a match.

Natural fitness doesn't have a weighting at all (neither does determination or flair).

How have you folks missed this? Age have a massive effect.

If your created player is a kid, the CA and attributes will be scaled down to allow him to develop.

They shouldn't be. Unless like I said he's put a lower PA than CA.

Natural fitness doesn't have a weighting at all (neither does determination or flair).

Same with Versatility

How have you folks missed this? Age have a massive effect.

If your created player is a kid, the CA and attributes will be scaled down to allow him to develop.

That's not true, age makes no difference. If they were then SI would be saying that players below "x" years of age, can't have a certain level of talent, which wouldn't make any sense.

So attributes have different weight based on a players positions?

I believe it all comes down to how the attributes are weighed. What kind of physical attributes are you giving yourself? Game-wise these seem to take up a disproportionate amount of CA, as a player with 20 acceleration, pace, stamina and strength won't be able to reach the same technical proficiency as a less-athletic player (something that I believe SI should address in the future.)

Is this drop right at the beginning of the game or have you gone several months into the season?

Reason I ask is that all players start off with their attributes lower than they are in the editor due to it being pre-season. If you run the game several months into the season, you should see a big difference.

The PA overrides the CA. If you set a CA higher than the PA, it'll decrease the CA to down under the PA automatically, as far as I've noticed. Why someone would want to set their CA higher than their PA is above me to understand though...

I believe it all comes down to how the attributes are weighed. What kind of physical attributes are you giving yourself? Game-wise these seem to take up a disproportionate amount of CA, as a player with 20 acceleration, pace, stamina and strength won't be able to reach the same technical proficiency as a less-athletic player (something that I believe SI should address in the future.)

There's nothing to address. Think about it, if a League Two player, for example, deserved 20 for strength, stamina, acceleration and pace, but wasn't good enough to play a higher level than that, it's unlikely he's also good technically and/or mentally.

This can't be stressed enough.

To the OP, I would suggest you give your weaker foot only 1 point. Save editor data, and load up a test game (small database, one division only). See what your attributes look like then. Then give your weaker (er, no longer) foot 20 points and load up another game, and see the difference. Then another game giving your weaker foot 10 points.

Observing this should help you somewhat in tweaking this stuff in the future (knowing more or less how many attribute points you can assign to a player, relative to CA and two-footedness).

Cheers for the help. That seems a tad harsh though - why does the weak foot take so much out of the CA points? Can someone not be two footed and still have average stats for that CA? Why do the stats have to drop to allow for a stronger second foot?

PA should always be equal to or higher than CA. If you're setting your PA to 80, you're CA is probably dropping to 80 as well (or PA increased, not sure how the game will decide).

That was a typo, I meant to put CA. I'm fully aware what CA and PA are. :)

Physical are around 11/12 for Balance and Agility, 16 for Pace, Acceleration, Fitness and Stamina. Which is obviously quite high for the CA level, so this could well be a contributing factor, thanks.

--On second thoughts, at the point where my player's attributes all started off considerably lower than previous saves (with the same technical and mental stats), was after I had tweaked all the Physical stats up, at the same time as changing the CA up. I couldn't get my head around why they dropped so much after raising the CA, but this must explain it. Thank you, very much, I will look at lowering these stats now.

Is this drop right at the beginning of the game or have you gone several months into the season?

Reason I ask is that all players start off with their attributes lower than they are in the editor due to it being pre-season. If you run the game several months into the season, you should see a big difference.

Right at the start of the game, but a previous save I've played all the way through the first season, and the player's stats didn't change after pre-season.

Have had FM opened and letting the game run its course with me unemployed and on a permanent holiday. Just started the 11/12 season, and Leeds have signed a 17 year wonderkid on a free. My player's CA has risen from 100 to 142 in two seasons, this player's CA is 112. His attributes are at a similar level (actually, slightly better), than the attributes I have given my player in the editor. His CA is 8 lower than a CA I gave my player when testing (120). His Physical stats are admittedly lower, whilst his weaker foot is 11 (mine is 12).

So, either, A) Physical stats are the main reason, or B) Newgens in the game are able to get away with better attributes at the same CA without the game interefering.

I will test out my player with the same Physical stats tomorrow when I get some time, providing I remember, and see if it is all Physical stats.

There's nothing to address. Think about it, if a League Two player, for example, deserved 20 for strength, stamina, acceleration and pace, but wasn't good enough to play a higher level than that, it's unlikely he's also good technically and/or mentally.

But is there no "World-Class" player in real life that would have those physical attributes? Ronaldo, for example, is often cited as being one of the fastest players in the world on the ball. If he had a PA of 200, and so did a player with half his physical stats, the other player would have better technical attributes, which is what I find to be unfair. A good example would be Landon Donovan- with a PA in the 160 range and acceleration/pace/stamina all deserving to be in the 18 range (20 for stamina, actually, as I don't think I've ever seen him subbed from a game) his technical attributes struggle to break 11 or 12 in any one category (which are all lower than they are in the database.) Halve his physical attributes and his technical attributes would look much better.

If anyone has some time, create a player in the database or edit a player and give him a PA of 170. Set all his attributes to 20, then see how he looks in-game. Then do the same thing, this time lowering the physical attributes to 15. Repeat it again at 10. There's a reason why SI had to tweak the manner in which player's physical attributes were dropping in the game, as their technical skills were going crazy- it was common to see 35 year-old's with a 4 for acceleration, 3 for pace and 5 for stamina while having 15+ for most every other attribute.

Shouldnt ur PA always be higher then ur PA havent seen it pointed out by anyone else.

Pretty sure thats ur problem. Ur already using up more points then u can afford thus its only logical they decrease in the game....

Edit: just found ur post bout it being a typo :)

What's the CA you set?

One thing I've noticed, from letting the game run and using FMRTE, is that player's CA's rise much quicker than their attributes. For instance, by the 2011/12 season, Jack Rodwell has a CA of 169 in my game and is Everton's best player. Yet his attributes, despite being very good, aren't that of a player just under 170 CA, which is pretty much international class and big 4 ability.

My player, for instance, has risen from 100 CA to 155 CA (guess the PA ;)). His attributes though, have barely reached that of a player with the original CA I gave him.

What I have found though, is that I can now edit the attributes of my player, and they don't get reduced back to the previous stats prior to editing in FMRTE. Which again proves that the CA rises too quickly for the attributes.

I am wondering though, if these player's with CAs much higher than what their attributes reflect - will they get a sudden boost in all their attributes one week? I've seen this a couple of times early in the first season, with player's who have a CA lower than their attributes or vice versa, with the majority of their stats rising/dropping all in one week.

It's an interesting area of the game.

Archived