David Beckham's surprise move.

I'm still confused as to why he didn't want to sign for me. This is from patch 10.1, nothing to do with 10.2's transfer bug people are complaining about.

2a6tlqp.png

Oh well, I wish him the best at Burnley, as if he'll achieve much there. :)

well he's not the smartest cookie in the world so probably thought learning a third language will push out all the previous stuff he'd learnt, like breathing and saying hello etc.

And bending it like, well, Beckham haha. He is a brilliant player, but $14,500 a week?

Yeah he ended up moving to some strange teams on my 10.1 saves too.

42435464.jpg

This is one of them, Currently playing for a Crystal Palace team that is 16th in the Championship.

I asume Burnley are a Championship team on your save now?

He left Villareal to go play in the Championship for 9k a week on my save. :p

81956890.jpg

Yeah he ended up moving to some strange teams on my 10.1 saves too.

42435464.jpg

This is one of them, Currently playing for a Crystal Palace team that is 16th in the Championship.

I asume Burnley are a Championship team on your save now?

He left Villareal to go play in the Championship for 9k a week on my save. :p

81956890.jpg

I see his return to Spain failed, but that's just ridiculous. He's coming from a $115,000 p/w contract at Los Angeles to a $9,500 p/w contract at Crystal Palace. I tried finding him on my other Wolfsburg save, but he's retired from the game. :confused:

I signed him for Milan, got him for 1m - I figured he could do some damage for me in central midfield role, dropping deep and making one touch passes etc.

He was absolute cock.

I have mixed feelings about the new patch tbh. It seems if your players havent got spades of pace, they suck. Period. Shame ..

Joined West Ham on my save, in January 2010. In the same month, West Ham paid £26.5m for Dzeko.

On a side note, after three transfer windows, the only "big" transfers are Dzeko to WHU and Ribery to Barca. None of the big 4 have spent more than £8m on a single player. City spent £25m on Milner, but there is a distinct lack of big players swapping clubs and countries, particularly in the summer. In the summer of 2010, Anyukov from Zenit to Stuttgart was the most expensive transfer. Liverpool and United just buy a handful of youngsters for a few mil each every window, mostly keepers. Does this happen for anyone else?

Joined West Ham on my save, in January 2010. In the same month, West Ham paid £26.5m for Dzeko.

On a side note, after three transfer windows, the only "big" transfers are Dzeko to WHU and Ribery to Barca. None of the big 4 have spent more than £8m on a single player. City spent £25m on Milner, but there is a distinct lack of big players swapping clubs and countries, particularly in the summer. In the summer of 2010, Anyukov from Zenit to Stuttgart was the most expensive transfer. Liverpool and United just buy a handful of youngsters for a few mil each every window, mostly keepers. Does this happen for anyone else?

That's because it seems like once again the AI teams aren't doing enough to boost their squads in the long-term. This leads to rubbish long-term games, as all the opposition is useless and full of 35+ year-olds, which you pick up all the major global talent. Come on SI, sort it out!

That's because it seems like once again the AI teams aren't doing enough to boost their squads in the long-term. This leads to rubbish long-term games, as all the opposition is useless and full of 35+ year-olds, which you pick up all the major global talent. Come on SI, sort it out!

No offence, but thats simply not the case

One thing that concerned me was i am dortmund and i tried to signed moritz volz at the start of the game on a free transfer and i really wanted him so i gave him double the money he was asking for - he was after a back up squad status but i offered him first team and i also gave him a goal bonus and year wage rise yet for some reason he chise to goto a german third division club who gave him less money.

strange but this is football as they say.

he went celtic on my save in the 1st season. not sure if hes moved again as i havent looked. tbh the game is being unrealistic. Beckham has earned millions so hes not going to end up at a championship side IRL on 10k a week is he. as soon as he cant earn big money he will just hang his boots up.

i have also read on here ppl like frank lampard end up as coaches. who on here honestly think todays top players will end up as coaching staff when they can sit around for the rest of their lives with their millions

I was 2-2 in a pulsating League Cup match against Fulham in 2011/12 (Fulham in Championship, Huddersfield League One) when Fulham got a free kick 35 yards out. Lashed into the top corner by - David Beckham! He had joined the previous season for £700,000 - needless to say it was his first goal for the club :rolleyes:

he went celtic on my save in the 1st season. not sure if hes moved again as i havent looked. tbh the game is being unrealistic. Beckham has earned millions so hes not going to end up at a championship side IRL on 10k a week is he. as soon as he cant earn big money he will just hang his boots up.

i have also read on here ppl like frank lampard end up as coaches. who on here honestly think todays top players will end up as coaching staff when they can sit around for the rest of their lives with their millions

For the love of football. :thup:

Beckham also moved to Burnley in my game. Then, I bought him for 900k to my Hull and was one of my key players in the two seasons he played regularly. Now he is playing in reserves and teaching youth players, and is going to retire in June 2013

I'm still confused as to why he didn't want to sign for me. This is from patch 10.1, nothing to do with 10.2's transfer bug people are complaining about.

2a6tlqp.png

Wow thats weird m8 ah well its only david beckham. If i was beckham i would rather go to wolfsburg instead of non sucsefull burnley. :)

2a6tlqp.png

Wow thats weird m8 ah well its only david beckham. If i was beckham i would rather go to wolfsburg instead of non sucsefull burnley. :)

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah, my Wolfsburg team was very successful. If you were in the game, I'd sign you over Becks, as long as you have the same stats ahah, and can hit free kicks like he can. :thup::)

I doubt Becks would get out of bed for £14.5k p/wk.

He should be grateful, I get up for a whole lot less. :cool:

Archived