A few things CM is better at

Cm is not in the same league and never will be, to be clear. I've played the new cm for a half a season and got bored while I am playing fm (cm) for like 15 years and it is probably one of the main reasons I will die as a poor man.

However I just love the new tactic method in cm where u can set positions independently with and without the ball. We use to have horizontal arrows in fm. Why did u take them away?

The next thing I like in cm is the instruction for ball receiving for every player without him being a target man.

There has to be some more I cant remember now...

What do u think?

Cm is not in the same league and never will be, to be clear. I've played the new cm for a half a season and got bored while I am playing fm (cm) for like 15 years and it is probably one of the main reasons I will die as a poor man.

However I just love the new tactic method in cm where u can set positions independently with and without the ball. We use to have horizontal arrows in fm. Why did u take them away?

The next thing I like in cm is the instruction for ball receiving for every player without him being a target man.

What do u think?

I have a great pen. The feel is exellent and I love the way it glides over the paper. The only problem is that it has run out of ink.

Hope this answers you question.

What do u think?

I think that whilst this is a worthy topic it will likely be redirected to the CM thread that gets mentioned every time someone brings up CM in general.

I've never played CM. I'm more than happy with FM and I don't believe that SI need to follow CM's lead and steal anything that proves to be a plus for that game. New ideas are always warranted but I fully believe SI are capable of breathing new life into FM if need be.

I have always said that they need to avoid complacency though. The forums are a minority of the player base of FM but there's more and more disgruntled threads every year. That could be a sign of CM catching up but they still have a long way to go. I watched a video of a CM game and was appalled at the match engine. The movement of the players was laughable to me.

Like I said, though, the general forum for FM is not the place to talk CM. Visit the off topic forum (where I expect the CM thread is...not sure cause I rarely go there) and you'll find a lot more people willing to talk comparison, and make the mods happier in to the bargain.

I have a great pen. The feel is exellent and I love the way it glides over the paper. The only problem is that it has run out of ink.

Hope this answers you question.

idiot....

i wish some people would take there si blinkers off and come to terms with the fact that some parts of cm are better than fm.

It would be so cool if ppl would actually try to understand what is written and than reply in forums. I never assumed that cm is better in any way then fm. I just think that idea of independent off with ball tactics is great and to best illustrate it is to see it in a game called cm. The same thing goes for the receive ball instruction. I don't think that it can be called copying cm because such tactics is seen even in sensible soccer...

So you mean you can specify to his feet/to his head etc for every player? Is that really that necessary? I can see it being useful for more than one striker, but other than that, surely you'll be playing into the feet of everybody else. You don't tend to ping balls at a winger or central midfielders head, do you?

CM has some neat ideas, but its ME acts differently to FM's, although the only thing I'd incorporate is where you can ask your captain to call a team meeting when morale is low or you're on a bad run.

The arrows were taken away to do away with exploitative tactics. You can do most of the same things now using player instructions.

Necessary, no. Useful, I think so. Trow in a "run on to" too. Even if u r right, for the strikers, I think that it is logical to have such a control for ur team that u can say to midfielders not to pass true to Nikola Zigic and to pass true to Vila...

CM has some neat ideas, but its ME acts differently to FM's, although the only thing I'd incorporate is where you can ask your captain to call a team meeting when morale is low or you're on a bad run.

The arrows were taken away to do away with exploitative tactics. You can do most of the same things now using player instructions.

How? I wish to defend with 3 am and to have 2 of them run to wings.

Isn't this already possible in FM? Because when I have a bad run in FM10 I get a message from my assistant saying: "You should tell player X to organize a team meeting."

idiot....

i wish some people would take there si blinkers off and come to terms with the fact that some parts of cm are better than fm.

If you'd only read my post you'll see that's what I said. Some bits may be better, but it still doesn't work. And yes, I have tried the latest incarnation of CM.

So, to reply in a similar vein to yours, I blow a raspberry in your general direction.

The only player who you really need to tell the team how they should receive the ball is the target man as you may need him to head the ball on or to run onto the ball. For other players though, it's pretty much pointless.

To be honest, about the only thing I'd take from CM is the team talks. I like the number of different options that they have over the incredibly limited number on FM. The scouting also has potential. I like the way you have to assign funds to different regions, and the way that the more you scout a player, the more accurate your view of him becomes. This has great potential, but sadly, it's been so badly implemented that it sucks at present.

The only player who you really need to tell the team how they should receive the ball is the target man as you may need him to head the ball on or to run onto the ball. For other players though, it's pretty much pointless.

Imagine u have 2 strikers, one is big and strong and other one is pacy. This is usual setup right. U cant put them both as target man and u do need to set instructions for a big one to receive to head and a quick one to run onto it, right?

If you'd only read my post you'll see that's what I said. Some bits may be better, but it still doesn't work. And yes, I have tried the latest incarnation of CM.

So, to reply in a similar vein to yours, I blow a raspberry in your general direction.

I didn't have u in mind when I made that remark. Didn't see your post when I started typing it. I'm from Belgrade, I have no idea what blowing raspberry means :D

I like the CM franchise since I got to play CM 2006. What's great about CM is it's quick gameplay. Player interactions are also nicely doen and in general the new ME is miles better than ever. I hope CM never becomes that much in depth like FM since I do enjoy both games for the different reasons. Cm to relax and enjoy a great save withouth digging my teeth too deep and FM for my career game and lots of tweaking.

I've never played CM. I'm more than happy with FM and I don't believe that SI need to follow CM's lead and steal anything that proves to be a plus for that game. New ideas are always warranted but I fully believe SI are capable of breathing new life into FM if need be.

Have gotten a couple of CM versions before and have never been able to get past a few game days, but...... if it's not anything patented or copyrighted, and as you said "proves to be a plus for the game", then by not doing it what is SI's focus? Improving the game takes a backseat to egotism and longer tea breaks?

I once saw this said about BMW: "it's nice to know that when there are problems, their go-to people are from the engineering department, not the marketing one." Seems almost the opposite here.

Archived