Resign During Match Feature Needed

As this has happened in real life, SI should add a feature so that the human manager or an AI manager can actually resign during a match, by either walking off the pitch or resigning at halftime.

That ought to teach pathetic players how absolutely useless they are. Let the manager say, "I've had enough, and you are such an embarrassment to the game that I will no longer waste another moment of my time on you lot."

You sort of can.

Click out of the match (by going to say your inbox), and then go on holiday for one day. I must admit, I've done that once or twice when I've been so disgusted by my performance that I couldn't bring myself to watch another minute of it :D

But a "storm out" option at half time would be an amusing addition. After all, they have a 'storm out' option for press conferences...

I also want that option. When I got smashed 1-4 against PSIM (I was Arema Malang) in the Indonesian Cup (it was 1-4 at half-time) I resigned straight after but I wanted to do it in halftime to show clearly how useless the players I had were. :p

Come on man don't be daft, how often does it happen.......not often.

Infact that was probably a one off, some s**t manager cant handle his team.

Enough of the responses with no bother to read the OP. Show me where I stated that this happens all the time and should be added for that reason. I said no such thing. I am suggesting that it be added as an option for human managers as well as something that can happen with AI managers.

Also, it should be noted that Bobby Gould, former Wales manger and manager of clubs like Coventry, Wimbledon, Bristol Rovers, and other clubs resigned as a coach at Peterborough during halftime in 2004. So would you say that a man who has managed in the game for nearly 30 years is some s**t manager who can't handle his team? In this case he was a coach and there are conflicting reports on why he resigned, but it seems that it was a dispute between him and the manager.

Enough of the responses with no bother to read the OP. Show me where I stated that this happens all the time and should be added for that reason. I said no such thing. I am suggesting that it be added as an option for human managers as well as something that can happen with AI managers.

Also, it should be noted that Bobby Gould, former Wales manger and manager of clubs like Coventry, Wimbledon, Bristol Rovers, and other clubs resigned as a coach at Peterborough during halftime in 2004. So would you say that a man who has managed in the game for nearly 30 years is some s**t manager who can't handle his team? In this case he was a coach and there are conflicting reports on why he resigned, but it seems that it was a dispute between him and the manager.

So he was a coach not a manager.........

Pointless addition. Yes you may feel your teaching the players a lesson after a shocking first half, but they will still be the ones with a job and getting paid! Quite frankly, if your getting spanked so badly at HT, then its either going to be your tactics, your team talks, your team selection, or the standard of opposition your playing against.

Arrigo Sacchi walked off a match between Napoli vs Milan because he was so disgusted after a Maradona goal with 10 minutes to go.

The Napoli manager, I believe Ottavio Bianchi, went over to Sacchi and told him not to stress and to go back to the dugout.

Sacchi shook hands with Bianchi, went back to the dugout and Ruud Gullit equalised moments later.

Sad for me and my Napoli but epic game back in the day.

There also used to be a YouTube video clip of a lower league British manager who resigned at halftime, and it was caught on team video in the dressing room.

Similar incident happened at Orient about 10 years back, again captured on video for a documentary. Manager went mental, sacked a player at half time and offered two others out for a fight.

Sacking players at half time. Now there's a thought.......

Similar incident happened at Orient about 10 years back, again captured on video for a documentary. Manager went mental, sacked a player at half time and offered two others out for a fight.

Ah yes, the legendary John "and you can bring yer dinner" Sitton. :)

For those of you who haven't seen it...

WARNING: Contains lots of very strong language which some viewers may find offensive. Also contains traces of Bob Mills, which some may find equally offensive.

Sacking players at half time. Now there's a thought.......

There seems to be a bit of a link forming forming over the circumstances of some managers quitting at half time. Anything for the cameras eh? ;)

If that was implemented, they should also implement that you never be able to get a managerial job again. Nobody likes a quitter.

Look the post above you. That manager is again the manager of AEK Athens for the third time. It's a story of love and hate :D

I'm still wanting a 'Get violent' option in the team talks :) So I can start kicking boots and throwing tea cups around the dressing room. I also think there should be a 'Vandalise' option for when you get a hammering while playing away so you can trash the oppositions dressing room.

I'm still wanting a 'Get violent' option in the team talks :) So I can start kicking boots and throwing tea cups around the dressing room. I also think there should be a 'Vandalise' option for when you get a hammering while playing away so you can trash the oppositions dressing room.

Keep wanting all you like but that would be pointless!

Could you imagine it? "Your physio reports *key player* has been concussed by a flying tea cup during the team talk of a match against *someone*. Its anticipated he will be out for 2 weeks"

An entertaining idea, but unfortunately I think it would have to also carry a penalty of roughly 95% of your reputation since no club would want to hire a manager who wasn't professional enough to see out a match. Remember that IRL the managers don't have to sit through 5 consecutive defeats in an hour so the frustration doesn't build up quite so much.

I'm sure SI used to say that 'No Team Talk' could be used to show how angry you were with the players. Not sure if it means you don't even bother going into the dressing room or if you go in and just stand there and stare at the players.

Not substitute him but sack him at half time! What a wonderful addition it would be. I agree with the OP and we should be able to leave our own games too and/or resign at half-time. I request adding 'I'm gonna beat you up for so long that you'll have to have a meal break' as a half-time team talk

I think the examples posted in this thread show that, while this is not exactly a common occurrence in football, it happens often enough to say that it should be possible in FM. There are other freak events that are even more rare yet have made it into the match engine or the game.

And for those who say this is pointless, it absolutely is NOT pointless because there are certainly FM gamers who would resign in anger or frustration at halftime. It gives them some catharsis at least, and if it's combined with media items and affects the manager's profile, it could prove to be something that is a factor in the game.

A little uncalled for, bearing in mind recent and tragic events.

Think before you speak please.

I can see where you're coming from here but there was no intent to make fun or light of that particular event, but more how I often feel myself whilst playing the game - the anger and frustration of losing, wanting to just give up right then and there.

Archived