Most un-enjoyble FM to date.

I ve never been less addicted to a FM series than this year.

Complete and utter disappoint.

Starting with the grossly demanding video card capability to the tactical mess, it ate all the passion i had for the series.

I am a passionate football manager type game player, without the time i had 5 years ago. having to spend 3 or 4 hours to create a half decent tactic is not an option. The "ALL NEW AND REVOLUTIONARY TACTIC CREATOR" only works for big teams while the old-school sliders make even less sense than before.

Why don't you try lowering the graphic detail in your game? And what tactical mess? The old school sliders appear to be no different than they were last year. They may have tweaked to what extent certain strategies are effective, but beyond that there doesn't seem to be a difference.

I'm the opposite.

I have been less and less addicted over the last few years as I used similar tactics each season and it felt too easy. This version may be the same after a while as I adjust to the new tactics creator but for now I seem to be struggling. For some reason that makes me more determined to work it out and become successful, so I have been playing more than I did with the last few versions.

As for creating tactics, for me it takes a lot less time and feels easier to do, I just have to start using it the right way to get the most out of the team. I'd rather be struggling and trying to work the game out than just putting the usual tactics in and dominating with a team that shouldn't be dominating.

As I said though, that may happen after a while but for now I'm enjoying the challenge.

Also, I start unemployed and take over a team that has been going bad enough to sack their manager. So it's harder to get some results and get their motivation up, all good fun though. :thup:

cipriang80,

Firat of all, graphics card issues....turn down the graphic detail as someone has already suggested. I had to put up with it last year before i got a new laptop so i dont see why you shouldnt. Its part of the evolution of gaming; games wont wait for you, you have to keep up.

Your tactics point is quite wrong for 2 reasons: -

1) You have the option of turning it back to the old settings!!! So no excuse to lose "all the work" you said you done in the past!

2) Its an "interface" meant to make you think about new ways of doing things.

demanding?! It only requires 128MB graphic card from memory, if you dont have that and like playing games on pc you will need an upgrade anyway, i dont tihnk you can even get a graphic card under 128 can you?!

tactics are so much better than last year, im not accusing you of this, but last year anyone who couldnt get results from day 1 blamed the game and the tactics, i am not having trouble now, took me 4 months of game time to get it right but now i have 3-4 tactics to implement that work well, how far are you into the season so far without getting any results and who are you using?

I fail to understand how people did not realize this playing the demo before buying the game. If you bought the game before you played the demo, then you must have been fairly confident that you would enjoy the game. That should only have come from the track record you have with games from SI and the things you read about the (at that time) upcoming release of the game. If you did any of these things, there should be no surprise about what you have in front of you...

Dont usually get these games straight away as prefer to wait until the initial bugs are ironed out in the first 2 or 3 patches but after losing my FM09 game after a HD failure I went for this version and am very happy so far. I like the little additions that have been brought to the game and even though my PC is not a "Ferrari" the game runs very well (using Win 7)

Well I am using the same tactics I have always used and I am doing well. The problem is that people swap and change tactics too often meaning players don't settle into one particular tactic very well. Ok, I am playing as Man Utd at present but I will add a new manager soon from the lower leagues to make playing the game more fun and will see if things still work then.

I think this version of FM is very good and very easy to navigate around. Sometimes it just takes time to have a look, assess the land and then take some steps.

i ended up every year by making my own tactic, failing at it to be succesfull, and ended up downloading knap's tactic :) Every game was with the same tactic...

Now this year it is so great to make your own tactic, i love the game very much, by far the best version ever of fm!! (and i have been playing cm since it was on diskettes with van basten, stoichkov and romario, so i'm quite hardcore fan from the beginning)

keep up the good work, SI!!

People need to stop bashing this game.

Use 2D classic if you don't like or you can't run 3D. 2D looks and feel excellent in FM2010.

If you don't like the new tactic creator, just switch back to the old style tactic maker and design your tactic like you did in the last versions. I'm pretty sure it makes sense if you know how to set it up.

I ve never been less addicted to a FM series than this year.

Complete and utter disappoint.

Starting with the grossly demanding video card capability to the tactical mess, it ate all the passion i had for the series.

Snip

What garbage.

Heaven forbid you should be forced to have a 4 year old graphics card in your computer!

Archived