Is FM10 just as quick as FM07

d d

I think you'll have to define "fast".

Fast in what way?

If you mean the actual viewing of your matches - then yes, it seems to run very rapidly on an average machine, which no glitches at all so far.

I mean in processing of days and the other matches.

I can't remember the speed of fm 07 but from what I've seen this runs quite fast, so far definitely faster then fm 09. In my opinion we will see the difference in the full game where you can load up several nations and more leagues.

I agree. Although it seems far faster I think we'll only know when we can load more leagues and such and make it comparable to our FM 2009 games.

In my opinion it is double the speed of FM09 and is slightly snappier and quicker than FM08!!!

It is fantastic. All the new features this game has - the one thing I am so pleased about is the quickness of the game. It is going to make the next 12 months that bit more enjoyable than FM09

It is much faster than 09 I think.

I don't know if everyone had this issue but the 09 game would get slower and slower as the seasons progressed and so I was never able to play a long term game and was never able to get into it as much as previous versions. I wonder if 10 is faster in that respect. Can't really tell until full game comes out though.

Running on a machine that is relatively old now (P4 3.2GHz HT, 512MB Ram, 64MB ATI Mobily Radio X600) the game seems similar to FM09 so far. Only done a couple of matches and the 2D Classic view seems to be smoother.

I have pretty much the same specs. I was surprised that it ran smoothly.

I'm dubious that it will run several leagues/database though.

i gotta say fm09 is a piece of **** imo i didnt like it

fm 08 was better and fm 09 is very slow even fm 10 goes faster maybe they could make it even faster in 2011

fm 09 demo was boring cause much injures so i didnt buy it but now i got it and im really dissapointed

ill definitly buy fm 2010 cause its very fast and im bored of 09 cause its to easy fm 10 is much tougher

FM 07 was brutally slow compared to FM 09. I expect FM 10 to be faster than FM 09 in all respects.

In my experiance 07 was a good speed with 50 leagues loaded 08 was a little slower but still good speed with 55 leagues running and 09 was total pants slower than a dead turtle with 7 leagues running

People are finding FM 2010 faster because they're playing a demo. The demo has a small database. That's why the game seems so much faster. Let's see what happens when the game is actually released and people start playing with larger databases, retained players, and many more leagues that the quick starts allow.

Do you have any stats on FM08 on the same test machine, so that you could compare it with fm10 to see if its even faster then 08? Which was about perfect speed wise :cool:
With full match engine, FM10 is slightly slower.

Without full match engine, FM10 is much faster.

So unless you turn crank everything up to maximum detail, the game will be faster than FM08.

Nice :thup: thanks for the reply.

Here is your answer(sort of) - I asked this in the speed test blogs! Hope that gives you an idea of the Speed

Archived