Wolfsburg FM '10

yeah, i like the german league and they deserved a draw aganist united tonight. on another note is cristano ronaldo the top goal scorer for madrid this season? he seems to score nearly every match.

He scores for fun this season. He really is the best. :thup::D

I just looked at Dzeko on FM09 and daaaaaaamn, either footed and in my save he has 15 finishing and 14 composure, which brings me back to daaaaaaaaamn.

So aside from being comfortable with either foot, he's quite poor :D

He'll be 1 of the players to be given a CA increase in FM10 without a doubt.

Definitely buying Dzeko, never heard him before tonight :L

He scored 36 goals in all competitions last season, and he is the best scorer of qualifications for the world cup tohether with rooney. they both scored 7 I think.

You’ve got to remember that he is two-footed though, so anything upwards of fifteen for a two footed striker is indeed excellent. You won’t find too many others on the game who are two footed and have higher finishing (and remembering that he is only still in his early 20’s). Most strikers with 17+ finishing are one footed. I think we can all agree that Dzeko will be improved on fm10 and will eb a must buy for most teams. Good finishing, good technique, great heading, great strength and decent pace = awesome striker!

yeah, i like the german league and they deserved a draw aganist united tonight. on another note is cristano ronaldo the top goal scorer for madrid this season? he seems to score nearly every match.

What game have you been watching? They were dominated, only scored against the run of play and would've been punished if Man Utd finished their chances better. A very deserved loss and not a good display at all. They seem a completely different team than last season, when they were tearing strong Bundesliga teams apart for fun (Bayern) and often scored 4 or more in a match.

IMO for a striker it is poor... Anything less then 17 for a striker is poor. Of course I mean this only for world's finest strikers....

Not really. A striker with finishing of 12 can be a very good player if her has a very good composure stat, and other attributes such as pace or heading of 15/16+.

Alvaro Negredo has been great for me in my current game for Sevilla and now Liverpool, and he his finishing stat has never got above 16. (His composure is actually pretty weak at 11/12), but he is good in other important areas.

Far too much emphasis is put on the finishing attribute by some people.

dzeko is very good for a young player six foot five both footed. i think in all competitions him and grafite got 70 goals. which is amazing really. there were rumours of milan chasing him this summer for £20+million. did anyone hear that rumour about him almost joining portsmouth? dzeko or david nugent, hmmmmm though one,

Yeah it should be a very competitive league!

If researched well the Bundesliga should be more exciting to play than in earlier versions :)

Very competitive as there are 8 or 9 teams who can push for CL participation and also competitive on the European level as Italy is about to be overtaken in the UEFA ranking, either this or next year, as it seems right now.

@ postalpostie: In terms of points for goals, the league is on par with EPL, 2 points per goal. Hell! Top 4 in Europe, there IS life outside England.

Their combined goal record was a league record. Over the last years the top scorer had between 17 and 24...

Dzeko is indeed a coming world-class striker. he should be much improved this year in the game. To add to this, the 'penalty' for being double-footed should this year also be smaller than in FM09.

i dont think dzeko will ever join ac milan..ac milan is in a deep black hole without lot of chances of coming back to light..and huntelaar is something like a ghost by now..

I agree. :thup: I wish he joins Man Utd. He is perfect striker for English football, just like Ruud van Nistelrooy was.

wolfsburg have an incredible side when ou lok at it that have strength all over the park.grafite, dzeko and martins up top. misimovic, gentner, josue, ziani, kahlenburg and hasebe in the middle then at the back you;ve got barzagli and madlung and simunic at the back. they have a very good squad and a bita money aswell will be interesting to see what the board expectations are.

wolfsburg have an incredible side when ou lok at it that have strength all over the park.grafite, dzeko and martins up top. misimovic, gentner, josue, ziani, kahlenburg and hasebe in the middle then at the back you;ve got barzagli and madlung and simunic at the back. they have a very good squad and a bita money aswell will be interesting to see what the board expectations are.

Let me just correct that Simunic is at Hoffenheim. They have Simunek, a young Czech, who I too regard to be an amazing talent though so far this season he hasn't excelled at all.

I'm curious to see how the financial support of Volkswagen is modelled into the game. Can anyone shed some light on how it is in FM09?

Last season:

Dzeko - 26 league goals

Grafite - 28 league goals

Don't forget Misimovic, he got more assists than anyone else in europe last season

Dzeko also never scores his first bundesliga goal last season till the 1st weekend in October last year, so you can say it was in the 8th game of a 34 game season if it is the same schedule as this, Eurogoals gave me that stat.

The reason Wolfsburg did so well was the manager, Felix Magath. Magath won the double twice at Bayern and has a great reputation in Germany. I don't consider their new boss, Armin Veh, to be on the same level, to be honest. I'm surprised that Misimovic and Dzeko stayed at Wolfsburg this summer in IRL. They were both brilliant last season and I'm sure that they will join bigger clubs IRL and should definitely be worth signing in FM10.

Archived