I'm finding FMRTE a very useful tool to make my game more enjoyable.

Playing as Man City, it is now December 2015. I felt my game was getting a bit repetitive so I have used FMRTE to make some slight adjustments.

First of all, I have removed the "Sugar Daddy". Haven't played a full season without yet but I hope my budget will be adjusted accordingly.

Secondly, I have added some rivals to the club's Information. I don't see this as cheating as I can;t see how it will benefit me, other than adding a little bit of realism to the game. For instance... IRL, Chelsea and Liverpool never had any "rivalry" until they kept drawing each other in the Champions League.

I have done the same with my game. Arsenal have been my main rivals in the league and a few of these have gone right to the wire. So I've added them as a fierce rival.

I've also added Real Madrid as we have played each other numerous times in the knockout rounds of the CL. Along with them I've added Roma as we have played them a couple of times and once in the final (which we won :D ).

Everton and Aston Villa have been added as there have been some great FA Cup games with them.

Finally, Sao Paulo. Played them twice in the final of the World Club Championship. I see this one as a friendly rivalry!

What do you guys think of these changes?

As I said, it's given me a little bit of variety. I'm hoping it will make the save last longer.

Few good ideas there. :)

Only used FMRTE as a small scouting tool myself, but now you've said I might consider the rivalries thing. I'm in 2038 (playing as Wolves) and my main rivals are now Man City, Arsenal and Everton. Main European rivals are also Napoli, Espanyol and Hoffenheim. Might be worth changing. Probably wouldn't considerit cheating.

Forgot to mention - added PSG as we beat them in the UEFA Cup Fonal in my second season.

One thing though - if yuo intend to do this, it seems you have to add your club to your rival's information screen as well. I'm looking forward ot my next rival game!

Any other suggestions which FMRTE could be used for other than blatant cheating?

Its good to use it to see which players are going to retire so you can get them as staff.

Can you change the stadium name on it?

No I don't think so. And if you could I think I would resist the temptation!

I've just noticed the retiring players section.

What I found a bit odd is that when you have a player who qualifies as a coash, you don't get any notification. I'm sure you used to get a message in your inbox saying so-and-so has passed his exams. I had Richard Dunne and Raul both sitting in the reserves when I could have had them on my staff.

I released them in the end as they weren't up to much.

The changing stadium name would be great for when your club builds a new stadium and calls it by the stupid generic names they usually give them.

I thought there used to be a message about becoming a coach aswell.

I do this on some games oto, another good tihng to do is change reputation of leagues - I have a Lazio file and the champions league has gone to italian teams 4 of the last 5 finals so I bumped the Serie A reputation from 18 to 19

I think thats quite a good idea to change a few things - essentially you are manually evolving your team as the game should be doing. Although maybe some of those rivals are streching it a bit!

It is also possible to change your stadium name by using .lnc files but it would be alot more straight forward through an editor.

I do things like this occasionally.

I never change anything big, like player stats or any of the key club details, but I do sometimes do things like rivalries and friendships (like in my last Sunderland game I added Southend as a friendly club (can't remember what they are called in FMRTE) because they loaned 7 of my youngsters over the course of 2 seasons.

Can you change the stadium name on it?

I don't think so. I seem to remember trying to change Bolton's Stadium name based on what I thought their logo was the first few times I saw it. It didn't work.

I have messed around with FMRTE in the past but never used it on my main save. However I couldn't resist the temptation of downloading the Genie Scout to find future stars and I'll admit I see it as cheating but I'm not really bothered, it's really useful.

It is also possible to change your stadium name by using .lnc files but it would be alot more straight forward through an editor.

Any idea how to do this? After nearly 10 years on my current save as AFC Wimbledon taking them to the CCC and making the legends list, i've finally got a new stadium and they've come up with the original name of calling it AFC Wimbledon stadium! :( I've never used any kind of 3rd party tool so wouldn't have a clue how to do it in there. So, if there's a way to do it using .inc files as you said, then i'd like to change the name of the new stadium. I wouldn't see it as cheating...just naming it to a more realistic and appropriate name.

You cannot change stadium names in the current version but in FMRTE 3.0 (FM2010) it maybe a possibility.

I read somewhere on the forums that it is possible to change the name of the stadium be creating edt file but Im not 100% sure.

Any idea how to do this? After nearly 10 years on my current save as AFC Wimbledon taking them to the CCC and making the legends list, i've finally got a new stadium and they've come up with the original name of calling it AFC Wimbledon stadium! :( I've never used any kind of 3rd party tool so wouldn't have a clue how to do it in there. So, if there's a way to do it using .inc files as you said, then i'd like to change the name of the new stadium. I wouldn't see it as cheating...just naming it to a more realistic and appropriate name.

Got linked to this is another topic:

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=107788

Post #8 :thup:

Granted some of the rivalries are a bit far fetched - only Arsenal have been added as fierce rivals. The others are set at values of 50 and 75.

How do you set "friendly clubs? Perhaps that would be better than rivals for the likes of PSG and Sao Paulo.

I do this on some games oto, another good tihng to do is change reputation of leagues - I have a Lazio file and the champions league has gone to italian teams 4 of the last 5 finals so I bumped the Serie A reputation from 18 to 19

Can you change the reputation of a league using FMRTE?

Archived