Edit the stadium name?

Seal Eagle

Is this possible with any real time editor for FM2009? I'm playing a long term game, in the year 2032 right now and for some reason the name of my stadium is just blank (used to be Blyth Stadium). Is there a way to change the name in any way? It's getting boring to see things like "Venue: , Blyth" when it's supposed to be "Venue: Blyth Stadium, Blyth" or something like "return for *name*" when its supposed to be "Blyth Stadium return for *name*" in the news. Any ideas?

No one have any idea on how to do it? Is it even possible? I just noticed that I had turned off Auto Save few days ago, so my V02 save was two years earlier in the game, I noticed that there the stadium name was still "Blyth Spartans" instead of blank.. so I decided to just sacrifice those ingame two years and continue from there.. but I then just noticed right now that the name of the stadium was again blank.. to bad I turned auto save back on and in both V02 and V03 the name is blank..

You guys who have the same problem, have you used FMRTE? I have used it to change the stadium cap by 1 seat, so I can get my board to agree on expanding, then changed the cap back to the original cap, in hope that the game would force the board to make a new stadium, since they agreed but can't.. but that didn't work. So have you guys made any similar edits?

I THINK (note: THINK) that you can change it... in my experience though with Leeds, LUFC & Elland Road have the same unique ID, so if you move to a new ground and find out what new unique ID number is, you can change it through .lnc files... I dunno though.

• 2 weeks later...

Well I can certainly confirm that this works...

What happened was that in my 2016-17 season at Chelsea, we finally moved into "Zola Arena" :) However, after reloading a saved game, the stadium name had disappeared.

I don't know how you can get the stadium unique ID from the game itself, but by using an editor (such as Immuner's FMScout09), you can load the game, then (using this editor), select Teams -> enter the team name and double click on the search result - the first line on the rightmost pane gives you the ID of the ground.

Make a note of this, then go into your Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009\db directory (I have set my own one up - not sure if this would be a part of the file structure if you're using the standard/default one) and there should be a folder called 'lnc' within the database folder.

Create a new file - MUST have a .lnc extension! - I've called mine 'chelsea.lnc') and in that file, using a text editor (notepad is good) type in the following:

"STADIUM_NAME_CHANGE" 2023039526 "Zola Arena" "English"

First column is the command - must be exact, including the double quotes!

Second is the unique ID of the stadium that you got from the editor

Third is the name of the stadium - again must have the double quotes!

Fourth is the Language - again in double quotes.

Hope this helps those that have experienced the same problem...

OK, as a follow-up to my previous post, I am now really confused...

Seems like the change/add of the .lnc file has caused the system to recognize the new stadium... however, for some reason, now only the Home games in European championships are being played at Zola Stadium... my league games are still being played at Stamford Bridge!!?!

What exactly do the .lnc files do? And what flag is set within the system to still believe that the club plays at the old ground, even after they've invested something like £359M in a new one???

I'm getting very cheesed off with this...

Are you still playing in the first season that you're stadium was built? I remember this being an issue in previous versions of the game, but should sort itself out in the second season.

Yes you're right... it started to sort itself out after one and a half seasons and after that time, the team were playing at the new stadium 100% :)

Glad the name change method seems to work ok :)

Well I can certainly confirm that this works...

What happened was that in my 2016-17 season at Chelsea, we finally moved into "Zola Arena" :) However, after reloading a saved game, the stadium name had disappeared.

I don't know how you can get the stadium unique ID from the game itself, but by using an editor (such as Immuner's FMScout09), you can load the game, then (using this editor), select Teams -> enter the team name and double click on the search result - the first line on the rightmost pane gives you the ID of the ground.

Make a note of this, then go into your Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009\db directory (I have set my own one up - not sure if this would be a part of the file structure if you're using the standard/default one) and there should be a folder called 'lnc' within the database folder.

Create a new file - MUST have a .lnc extension! - I've called mine 'chelsea.lnc') and in that file, using a text editor (notepad is good) type in the following:

"STADIUM_NAME_CHANGE" 2023039526 "Zola Arena" "English"

First column is the command - must be exact, including the double quotes!

Second is the unique ID of the stadium that you got from the editor

Third is the name of the stadium - again must have the double quotes!

Fourth is the Language - again in double quotes.

Hope this helps those that have experienced the same problem...

Thanks for this. I've been wondering if it was possibly ever since my Val di Sangro team moved to a new stadium and named it the Cosco Arena. It just doesn't sound like an Italian stadium.

How do you make .lnc files?

Right click in the directory in which you want to create the .lnc file, then select New -> Text Document. Once you have the new document, edit it as you would a .lnc file then save, and then rename it to whatever.lnc - say Yes to changing the file extension. Anytime you want to edit it afterwards, simply Open with Notepad (or other preferred text editor).

What do you do if you accidentally deleted the database from which the game is based on?

If it's the standard database, I think you can just copy it over from the main install Progam Files directory. If it's one you created, then unless you took a backup you could be SOL... :(

hi is it possible to use a .inc file to make a stadium move or build?

It's not an inc file, its .lnc (LNC) and if you look at the other .lnc files that are supplied with the game install, you can see what other commands/instructions it allows. Simply follow the same process.

so is that a yes or no?

I don't know. All I suggested was looking at the others to see what commands they are using, to give you an idea of the functions that can be enabled using the lnc files.

hi is it possible to use a .inc file to make a stadium move or build?

Not during a game. It is possible to use LNC files to cause a stadium move if the LNC file was created before the game was started, but then you would be better off using the data editor.

Right so I got a new stadium called 'Blackpool Stadium' (nice and orignal) then I loaded the game up today and it was blank, so I read through here and got this...

"STADIUM_NAME_CHANGE" 2023017696 "Ocean Arena" "English".

So I change the name to something better, but when I get to the information page, it's still showing blank, its in a edited db so the file path is...C:\Users\Danny\Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009\db\9.3.0 Edit\lnc and save the new .lnc file in there, anything I'm doing wrong..?

• 1 month later...

Thx!

Got a new stadium with PSG and the name disappeared when i reloaded the game.

If i remember my french correctly Parc des Princes, would be Princes park.

Now my team plays at Parc des Rois, Kings park. =)

• 3 months later...

Archived