He sure is a wonderkid

Yeah Steve McClaren thought he could speak Dutch in a few days too.
He probably watched Goldmember and thought that's how you do it

Haha. I bet he was wondering how everyone understood Goldmember without subtitles as he was speaking Dutch of course. :p:D

And thanks for the screenshot. He certainly is good.

Don't quote me on this, but I'm sure I read somewhere (might have been in the updates), that a player who has agreed to a move will begin learning the language between the time he agrees and the time he actually joins a club.

Of course if your bloke joined immediately, then I've absolutely no idea other than he's clearly gifted with languages or has some excellent learning material... ;)

(Wish I could improve my Spanish in only 6 days!!)

He starts to learn the language the moment he signs the contract. A player who is very adaptable will be almost fluent before he arrives.

Adaptability shouldn't have anything to do with learning new languages imo.

Adaptability shouldn't have anything to do with learning new languages imo.

Yeah, I think it absolutely should. Adaptability is the ability to change yourself to new situations, not just football related ones.

Yep, you're right. How did you know that? Favoured personnel?

Yes, the city of birth alone, for example, wouldn't have been enough as there are other clubs in Rio and Rio de Janeiro-born newgens show up outside Rio as well.

PMLF is Brazilian Head Researcher, also a legend.

Thanks! :cool:

Yes, the city of birth alone, for example, wouldn't have been enough as there are other clubs in Rio and Rio de Janeiro-born newgens show up outside Rio as well.

Thanks! :cool:

Quick question at the risk of de-railing the topic, are you happy about the lack of variety in the names of Brazilian regens?

Quick question at the risk of de-railing the topic, are you happy about the lack of variety in the names of Brazilian regens?

Not really, and this is something that we have been trying to improve, there is for example a lack of nicknames like those that end with -inho (ex: Ronaldinho) and regional-based nicknames (like Juninho Pernambucano, to use a real life example, Pernambucano meaning he is from Pernambuco, a state in Northeastern Brazil).

I think though the situation right now is better than it was a couple of versions ago when there were many newgens without common names, which was very unrealistic.

Archived