Co-Op possibilty for 1 team?

Hi all,

Just wanted to see if theres more people in here than me, that wouldnt mind the possibilty to co-op a team in FM. Being two head Managers or 1 Manager and 1 AssManager. As im a currently playing a team, trying the dafuge challenge, me and a mate of mine just thought of the idea to together work with one team and try to bring it up. Not sure if this is anything that more than me(being a co-op-fan) is dreaming of or not. Any thoughts? Ideas? Harsh words for me? ;)

InterWolf - The biggest benefits is the joy to share the experience of glory with one shared team. Sure we could just have a fixed name and discuss what to do next but the true joy is to see how your own manager get experience and make your way to the hall of fame, and why not with two managers. The thing is that my team here in Sweden in premier league uses 2 managers and its that thing im looking for. As I said, its an idea that i do think could be up for discussion at least. But It might be to hard.

do you not mean 1 person is the manager for example and one person is the head coach, so the head coach picks the training and the manager does the tactics & transfers e.t.c?

Or do you mean just 2 managers at one club, because i dont think that would be integrated, as skorp said.

Yes, I do know, or I can imagine that its hard to integrate this. Just thought that more and more theres teams that uses 2 managers in real life teams and that it would be another thing that developes in FM. Its a bit like the addition with female managers. I know that theres probably some girls and women that like to play FM so thats good that they can BE a female Manager, even though theres no female-footballteams?!.

How would it work? Well, im not the genious here( obviously ;) ) Either two managers that has both the same to say about everything, but both have to accept a signing or the tactics, generall stuff. Playing two friends with same team should mean that they can talk to each other in a chat in the game, but with skype, msn and friends ... well communication is one thing.

I just want SI and players to explore the possibilty of co-op teammanaging as it exists IRL and so should be in FM :) I wont cry myself to sleep if theres no such thing in the FM-series but why not? :)

Only way a 2 player game at one club would work is if one was first team manager and one was reserve or youth team manager. The only other way which wouldnt be popular would be to have the Spainish type set up of having one person doing transfers and the other user picking the team and tactics.

Not a good idea to be honest.

• 4 years later...

I think it is a great idea. I would like both possibilities, to play as an assisting coach or as the reserves/u21 coach. Would definitely make the game progress faster without loss of quality (regarding scouting, tactics, etc.). Most of all, I believe it would be great fun. I've come to realize that most FM players are single player mode type of people, but face it, the most popular games out there are multiplayer ones, and many of them include some kind of co-op play.

It's not an idea I immediately hate like someone that get spouted, but agree it seems hard to implement in any useful way. I like the idea of two people managing a club, but then if you really want to do that, it can be achieved through less official means. A manager and an assistant at the same club, having their own set roles could be an interesting move, but it seems a lot of work deviating from the structure of the game as it is now for a relatively small payoff.

why don't you just pull up two chairs at the computer and play it together....

Wouldn't always be possible, although on a slightly related note, it's a shame that more games don't concentrate on this, on games where people can actually physically sit in the same room and play together. Takes me back to sitting in lectures and playing FM...08 I guess? All taking a team in Europe and slowly laughing our way through the season. Good times.

Wouldn't always be possible, although on a slightly related note, it's a shame that more games don't concentrate on this, on games where people can actually physically sit in the same room and play together. Takes me back to sitting in lectures and playing FM...08 I guess? All taking a team in Europe and slowly laughing our way through the season. Good times.

This is why FM is such a great game. You can play a single or multiplayer career game. Other games just don't allow you to play multiplayer career modes any more.

This is why FM is such a great game. You can play a single or multiplayer career game. Other games just don't allow you to play multiplayer career modes any more.

True. Most games hate the idea of the old style of multiplayer too, having other players actually beside you. Of course, then you'd only have to buy one copy of the game...

Who can honestly deny that some of their great gaming memories weren't involving other people playing on the same machine at the same time? At least those who were around when this was the norm.

Archived