FM Allnighter Friday

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wont be here I'm afraid.

My girlfriend is finishing work at around 11.30pm and will be round here soon after, so I'll be spending some time with her. I guess I may *may* be about later once she's gone to sleep, after, well, you know. ;)

I love your dedication.

Thanks, I scored an own goal last week so I am already benched :p

Good stuff Pete, good to have you on board mate, how far on are you in your save?

I am in 2009/2010 season and am 3 points from safety after 25 games... going to be tight.

Seeing as I have nothing planned until I go back to work on Monday, I think I'll be here for a while. I only have 8 games left in the season anyway, and I'm desperate to get Wolves (and myself, finally!) to the Premiership.

Unfortunatley I'll be leaving this forum at around 12:00, or should that be 00:00. I know I'm a lightweight!!!

I'm just starting a new game with Le Chaux de Fonds in Swiss League so that should be interesting for an hour!

Thanks, I scored an own goal last week so I am already benched :p

I am in 2009/2010 season and am 3 points from safety after 25 games... going to be tight.

Sounds like you've a challenge on your hands there. My Milan game's in 2014, but must admit I'm considering going LL as 'big team' games get a bit samey after a while. The only thing that's keeping me playing mymilan save is that we haven't won the CL yet, furthest I've got so far was knocked out in the QF by Arsenal last season:(

May try it, got training in the morning but I don't care.

Training? Im so lucky that I can use FM as an excuse to be late for training sessions...

"Sorry manager, I was up trying to get some ideas on how to play in the tourney next week"...

<<happy to be a coach:D

Sometimes I just hate this game.. Liverpool and Blackburn have already ruined my chances of a perfect record in the league. Both teams playing a 3-5-2 against me which I just cant break down. I have managed to develop a tactic to beat all the other teams that throw this against me(80% of teams playing at home against me), but these two c*** teams I just cant break down.

And now Im up against City in the FA Cup 5th round. Away of course. Another team that does everything they can to bring me down.

Not familiar with that saying :thdn:

In the tactics and training frameworks thread, there's a section devoted to a type of tactic where the manager focuses on playing a very simple tactic on the pitch and gets the best out of the players by using press conferences, team talks and player praise and criticism effectively. It's something you might find usefull as I think it's aimed at lower league managers, who don't have players with the type of ability to play a very technical, complex tactic. Well worth a read imo.:thup:

In the tactics and training frameworks thread, there's a section devoted to a type of tactic where the manager focuses on playing a very simple tactic on the pitch and gets the best out of the players by using press conferences, team talks and player praise and criticism effectively. It's something you might find usefull as I think it's aimed at lower league managers, who don't have players with the type of ability to play a very technical, complex tactic. Well worth a read imo.:thup:

Thank you, will have a look!

My internet balls'd up last night so couldnt come on here. Got to about 3am then had to get some sleep.

But tonight im well up for it. Coming to the end of my 2nd season on 9.3.0 with Atletico. 2nd in the league with Real Madrid 3 point ahead and got a better head-to-head with 4 games left so need some kind of miracle to pull that one off, but just knocked Barca out of the CL Semi after knocking Real out of the quarters and up against Chelsea in the Final.

Il keep you updated :thup:

Yeah but i always delete them to tidy the save files up :S

Not a clever choice there, Hammer! I remember I was saving my Villa game once and my computer crashed mid-save and when I went back to reload it, it said save file was corrupt. To my surprise there was another file called Aston Villa (Backup) in my saved game list. I take it you don't have that?

Such a promising season turns into a bit of a disappointing one.

Out out Spanish Cup in the semi's to Real.

Lost to Chelsea in the CL Final on pens after having to put out a weak side due to injuries. 1-0 up until the 88th minute when Hamsik stepped up and scored a pen for them.

Going into the last La Liga game being a point behind Real and them having a better head-to-head.

Alrite mate!! Nah no FM game is boring mate! I fancy doing one of them but scared i will get bored doing another top 4 side.

You decided on a team yet CH?....For a challenge that's a bit diffirent to English Llm, i'd recommend what I usually do, go Celtic and try to get them to win the CL. Never managed it myself yet, always end up leaving for a 'big' club, like in my current game. Closest I got was losing to Real Madrid 2-1 in the final on fm08.

My night is lasting shorter than I thought it would.

Winning 2-0 against Liverpool at half time, goals from Fabregas and Walcott. But they won 3-2, Alonso, then Pandev, then Alonso again in the 92nd minute of 91 scored the winner.

Gutted, and a bit peeved off, so I'm off to bed. Night all, and good luck:)

Just reached the halfway point in my season, got a 3-0 away win at Catania. Just checked the league standings for the first time in a while, I'm 2nd, 5 points behind Juventus who haven't lost a single game in 19 in the league, and only drawn 3:eek:

Archived