This game is so Annoying, I want a real answer FM/Sega

I went for a shower... And holidayed and set my thing to 21 days holiday and Reject all Offers...

Now when I come back, there have been bids for 4 different players, even though there transfer status were all, key player, not for sale, and at least £5million asking price more than their worth.

I come back and the 4 have been sold, one for £1 million over his price, and the others for less than their value... Its not as if the chairman has even said the offer was too good to refuse....

Arrrrrghhhhh, Ive lost my super amazing centre half!!

I went for a shower... And holidayed and set my thing to 21 days holiday and Reject all Offers...

Now when I come back, there have been bids for 4 different players, even though there transfer status were all, key player, not for sale, and at least £5million asking price more than their worth.

I come back and the 4 have been sold, one for £1 million over his price, and the others for less than their value... Its not as if the chairman has even said the offer was too good to refuse....

Arrrrrghhhhh, Ive lost my super amazing centre half!!

Maybe your Assistant Manager/Chairman needed a few extra quid to pay off their gambling debts and thought they would get away with it seeing as you were on holiday. icon_razz.gif

Joking aside, it is a bit silly for this to happen unless there is a good reason.

Holiday mode is evil.

I've seen similar when I've used it before, except that since I'd set it to 'reject all offers' the assistant instead loaned all my players to big foreign clubs for the season without being able to recall them and decided it was a good idea to let them have the option to buy £5m rated players for £500k whenever they wanted to.

My mate even realised the problems of letting your assistant take your friendlies for you. You can slam poor teams 4-0 in non-event friendlies and then find the entire team hates you for being too harsh because he rinsed them out despite winning.

Bizarrely I've never seen the AI do either with computer managed teams. icon_confused.gif

Simple solution to all these problems;

Stop being so lazy, and, you know, actually play the game and manage your side yourself instead of going on holiday and letting your assistant manager take over.

Never understood people who do these!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LSF07:

Stop being so lazy, and, you know, actually play the game and manage your side yourself instead of going on holiday and letting your assistant manager take over.

Never understood people who do these! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Never understood why people think they can tell others how to play their own game?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by starvin marvin:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LSF07:

Never understood people who do these! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Never understood why people think they can tell others how to play their own game? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Never understand why some people stick their nose in where it's not wanted, and why people post on a forum moaning about things easily stopped, and then cry when someone DARES to reply to them with a solution they might not like.

Re-read what I said boy-o...nowhere did I tell him what to do or how to play. He moaned, I made a bloody SUGGESTION.

Now take your head out of your backside and bugger off!

It was the close season, and I was waiting for my season expectations, all my players were on holiday, and I holidayed upto my next squad selection for Scotland to play in Euro Championships... I just feel its a garbage thing. Also, I had bids made for players before those such bids, and when I came back, i still had option of whether to accept or reject!! Also, they were set to key players!! I just feel its wrong!! And the Computer is screwing you over!!

The thing is, we know the 'dangwers' of the holiday button, others don't.

It's not fair to lecture people who don't know about how they should or have to play the game to escape abuse on the forums by the 'pure of FM'.

The feature's been in the game for years. If it can't be used without causing problems it should be hidden or fixed.

The fixes list just keeps getting longer doesn't it? icon_frown.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Spagbol:

The thing is, we know the 'dangwers' of the holiday button, others don't.

It's not fair to lecture people who don't know about how they should or have to play the game to escape abuse on the forums by the 'pure of FM'.

The feature's been in the game for years. If it can't be used without causing problems it should be hidden or fixed.

The fixes list just keeps getting longer doesn't it? icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

End of the day mate, this is Football MANAGER...and it's not about being a FM purist or anything, but most players will feel the same; whats the point in cheating and holidaying etc?

Of course, if you pay your own money for a game then you can play it how you want. You can holiday all you like, you can cheat all you like.

BUT, one thing I've never understood is, why do people come on a public forum, posting things, and then it's seen as some terrible thing when they get any kind of negative responses.

If someone comes on bragging about how great they are, but they then say they cheated to get there, then we will rightly say; it's your game to play as you like, but you're a tool for cheating and not at all impressed.

Same goes for people who holiday half their game, or even just a week or somethin like here, then come on the forums complaining, demanding answers from SI. If in real life you went away and left something in your life in someone else's hands, you do so at your own peril. The old saying of 'want something done, do it yourself' is a good one to think of.

I just think while people have the right to do whatever they want with their games, we all have the same right to comment how we want when they come bragging (when cheating) or moaning (when they cannot be bothered to play themselves).

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ossei:

It's been know for years upon years that the holiday feature simply doesn't work.

Solution : Just don't use it, or use it at your own risk. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

But, as a previous poster has said, why is it in the game if it doesn't work?

SI have clearly put it in the game to cater to the desires of some users. If it's not doing this, because it is misbehaving, it needs fixing. The OP is perfectly within his rights to complain about something that is supposed to do a certain thing in the game not working. Saying 'don't use it' is not in the slightest bit constructive, as the user here is in no way at fault; what is at fault is the game.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">But, as a previous poster has said, why is it in the game if it doesn't work? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Because taking it out would have a negative effect on testing, and why spend time removing the code when it serves its purpose well in most cases?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ackter:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">But, as a previous poster has said, why is it in the game if it doesn't work? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Because taking it out would have a negative effect on testing, and why spend time removing the code when it serves its purpose well in most cases? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm sure there are other facilities that the testers use that are removed from the final game.

It's just my opinion, but anything that is included in the game must do what it says it does, or at least if it doesn't then steps must be taken to try to ensure that it does. It's no good putting half-arsed things into the game and leaving them there in that state indefinitely.

I actually use the holiday mode and can't say I've had any problems; I just don't quite understand the logic behind the majority of responses to the OP, seemingly that he shouldn't expect it to work, and that's the way it's always been, and we're all completely okay with that.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ackter:

Because taking it out would have a negative effect on testing, and why spend time removing the code when it serves its purpose well in most cases? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

in all fairness you just need to make the link invisible and its out of the game. you dont need to remove all the code.

personally i've never seen the point of holiday mode.

just because you go to the toilet why put it on holiday mode?

to me it just seems pointless.

the only reason i would use it is to move forward in time quickly so i can see how things have evolved over the years in the game

I find holidaying mode to be quite useful especially when you're not feeling like dealing with a certain friendly or a game or just want to get the season started, or if your unemployed and looking for a job.

The going on holiday has nothing to do with it, i play the game i wanted to, and thought, as im going for a shower, holiday up until i pick my next scotland squad which was 21 days...

The problem is, having a feature which DOESN'T work!!

That is all I am complaining about.. I can take criticism, and its cool...

I just wanted to know why this happens

I just started using the FM Data Editor. But I don't know how to use my own created database.

This is what I do:

1. Open FM 2008 Data Editor

2. File -> Load Database

3. I load the file: "8.0.1 Update"

4. I change(edit)/add a lot of things, things I prefer in the game ofcourse.

5. Then I want to quit, and they ask if i want to save the game --> YES I do. So I save it.

6. Then I open a NEW GAME in FM 2008, but all the changes I made don't appear.

My question: "How do my changes appear in the game?"

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Hoss_1873_Rfc:

Arrrrrghhhhh, Ive lost my super amazing centre half!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

2 lessons:

1) always save before going on hloiday

2) never shower and play FM at the same time. If i take a shower, i save the game and put it on the main menu

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by sten_super:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ossei:

It's been know for years upon years that the holiday feature simply doesn't work.

Solution : Just don't use it, or use it at your own risk. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

But, as a previous poster has said, why is it in the game if it doesn't work?

SI have clearly put it in the game to cater to the desires of some users. If it's not doing this, because it is misbehaving, it needs fixing. The OP is perfectly within his rights to complain about something that is supposed to do a certain thing in the game not working. Saying 'don't use it' is not in the slightest bit constructive, as the user here is in no way at fault; what is at fault is the game. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh indeed I agree with you - the feature should work in the way it is designed to. But the fact remains that it doesn't, so the best thing he can do is not use it and therefore my advice was very much constructive.

I've never holidayed while I was managing a club but I surely wouldn't take it out of the game, it has plenty of uses. If your a national side manager, much easier to holiday til the next game. And to set-up scenarios, ie if you want your game to start years in advance.

I'd be happy to see 2 features on creating a new game in FM09; a 'load all players from all countries' button, rather than single clicking each nation, and a option to choose to start so many years in advance.

As for holidaying while your managing a club, I've never done it but I would imagine it runs the club just like all the other AI run clubs. If the players set fee that only the AI knows is met then he's sold.

Maybe an option to set a player to not be sold under any circumstances.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by The Gaffovski:

Real managers don't shower. icon13.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_biggrin.gif

Hmm it sounds like a bug, but then again, why go on Holiday?

Real managers dont go on Holiday either :p

Archived