The FM08 Career Thread

This is the player sold for 85k, Paz - http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg255/siradamc/Paz.jpg

You may not think much, But he was my best player by a mile last season. But With the 4 players I signed, I feel the 19 year old centre back is already better than Paz or will be at least, what do you think?

Cordova (replacement for Paz) - http://s250.photobucket.com/albums/gg255/siradamc/?action=view&current=FidelCordova.jpg

Joan Munoz - http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg255/siradamc/JoanMunoz.jpg

Miguel Molina - http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg255/siradamc/MiguelMolina.jpg

Miguel Tevez - http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg255/siradamc/MiguelTevez.jpg

So those are my signings, what do you think?

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well my side isn't the best. Munoz is a rotation for first team already, soI'm hopefull he'll develop well. Tevez is a futurefirst team player, and Molina is a back up. I'm still looking for more youth and first team players to sign.

Looks like my time could be up slightly earlier than I thought. My game has slowed down to a crawl, so much so that I'm losing interest in keeping going.

I'm pretty gutted about this since I was on the brink of making it to the big time. My Boro side were playing pretty poorly this season but thanks to the UEFA Cup my reputation had grown to continental, which meant I probably could have got a decent job elsewhere.

Looks like my time could be up slightly earlier than I thought. My game has slowed down to a crawl, so much so that I'm losing interest in keeping going.

I'm pretty gutted about this since I was on the brink of making it to the big time. My Boro side were playing pretty poorly this season but thanks to the UEFA Cup my reputation had grown to continental, which meant I probably could have got a decent job elsewhere.

ouch, unlucky dafuge, at least you made it somewhere. My last career game was ended a Leeds in the Leaue One. Will you give it another go with perhaps less leagues loaded?

Unlucky Dafuge, going to do it again, learn from the mistakes?

No, it took me so long to get that far I don't think I could do it all over again.

I may come back and do another season or two but I just don't have the time to do all that again.

Okay thats fair enough i guess. Dafuge,

NEWS JUST IN:

Young Unproven Manager Joe Lolley has took over Ecija Balompie, who are currently in the Second Spanish Division B4, ( i think the lowest you can be)

Despite being so low, their team is around the same Quality as League 1 clubs, with players who would be good enough for championship teams aswell!

No Screenshots avaible yet as No inteent on New Pc yet, becausde no wireless cable, although coming over next couple days, but i've got pc with internet next to me aswell, ;)

Anyway After 5 games, drew my 1st, lost my second, Won my next 3,

And im now 4th, which i beleive is some sort of promotion / Play off place?

Ive had 9 people injured in just the 1st 25 days of the season, and have 5 players out at the moment, and when ure only allowed a squad of 22, its tough, and also alot of my players are playing at 90% fit.. so its tough, but ill cope ;)

Goodnight,

Been struggling to get into a game for ages now and I've been concentrating mainly on my sign-up so thought I'd give this a go to try and resurrect my love for FM.

Loaded up a game the other day with leagues loaded from:

England

Spain

Italy

Brazil

Hungary

Greece

Cech Republic

Romania

Here's my profile http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii205/power_of_tevez/FM/08-07-2008_20-47-14.jpg

Job offers poured in from Brazil but I've managed there before and so accepted a job at, well it's easier if I just show you really http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii205/power_of_tevez/FM/08-09-2008_12-17-10.jpg

Thanks, I got it working again :). How do you guys go about getting revenue if you're playing in a small country like Brazil? We're on course to win the Piaui but I don't know how much money we'll get for that, unfortunately I have no bar for finances and it says "We are distraught and devastated with the state of the club's bank balance." I have a feeling my team might be on the way to administration or something and my good players will be sold for peanuts.

So having taken a job in Hungary I first looked to solve the staff problem, I quickly snapped up a gk coach, a fitness coach and a scout.

http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii205/power_of_tevez/FM/08-09-2008_12-33-25.jpg

http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii205/power_of_tevez/FM/08-09-2008_12-34-15.jpg

http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii205/power_of_tevez/FM/08-09-2008_13-35-30.jpg

Before heading into my first friendly match I was pretty sure I would be relying heavily on one of two players to win me the game :

http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii205/power_of_tevez/FM/08-09-2008_12-50-58.jpg

or

http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii205/power_of_tevez/FM/08-09-2008_12-51-04.jpg

However we went in at half time 2-1 down, thanks to the introduction of Robert Szabo after the break we ran out 2-4 winners as he collected a hattrick, and here he is http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii205/power_of_tevez/FM/08-09-2008_12-49-36.jpg Off the back of his good performance he gained a place in my starting 11 and helped guide us to 2 further wins scoring in both of them and he featured in our final friendly which ended 2-2.

With defence being my weakest area I signed a 39 year old left back as I had nobody other than a 17 year old in that position but with my wage budget already being higher than it was meant to be that was the end of my signings. Other than a r/cb on loan and whether I liked it or not I was stuck with pretty much the team I started with.

The two signings: http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii205/power_of_tevez/FM/08-09-2008_12-55-20.jpg

http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii205/power_of_tevez/FM/08-09-2008_13-25-37.jpg

With it looking like I was going to rely heavily on loan players I quickly asked the board for a parent club and was rewarded with http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii205/power_of_tevez/FM/08-09-2008_13-41-16.jpg

And with that we headed into our first competitive match....

Can anyone explain how the spanish lower league, ie. second division B4 B3 B2 B1, Work?

who gets promoted to what division, how many spaces are there to get promoted etc,

This Is what I think. B1, B2, B3 and B4 are all the same standard of league. Like The Blue Square North and Blue Square South. If you get into the top 4 teams, you play a promotion play-off. In the promotion play-off I think you play other teams who have got into the top 4 of another 'B' league.

We looks like we're going to get relegated this season I'm afraid to say, I've resigned, and By looks like we're going down, we've got 6 points from 20 games. So every 10 possible points, we get 1. I just can't get a win out of the lads.

Anyone here managered Spanish Lower leagues, the amount of Ijuries is a discgrace, ive had injuries to 14 differentr members of my squad, and with players only 80% fit, along with vthe 7 or 8 injuries, i cant field a fit side.

When starting unemployed when is the best time to holiday till so there are jobs around?

I'm only running England down to league two and I'm using a brand new update so every club has a manager.

Cheers

You are probably best off just going on holiday indefinitely with the 'apply for jobs' and 'return from holiday when offered a job' boxes ticked.

Unless you want to wait until there are a lot of teams without managers at once, which usually happens towards the end of June before the new season.

HexHamlad, no offence, but you arent going to get any Jobs, with just down to league 2.

Unless youve set yourself as a Pro footballer.

The reputations are limited by the leagues you load, so if you only load down to League 2, you will only be able to select a reputation that would get you a job in that league.

Macclesfield - Coca Cola League One 2016-2017

Media Prediction: 23rd

Transfer Budget: 330k

Transfers

With a 330k transfer budget, i set about bringing in a few players that would enable us to push for the playoffs. However, quality was hard to find and I only spent 9k in the summer. Edwards, Spearing, Dalton and Gildea were signed primarily as backup/young players and the first eleven remained very similar to last season. Anthony Terry left after refusing to renew his contract and Chanot was sold in order to stop him also leaving on a free. The chairman then accepted an offer of 550k for winger Martin McFarlane. This was a shame as i was set to make him first choice this season.

Transfers

In January, the chairman accpeted an offer for defender Jermaine Johnson and i was left with just two days to find a defender before the transfer window shut. I brought in Daniel Johnson for 325k but he has failed to force his way into the team. It is not a signing i wanted to make but i felt i needed to bring someone in as a replacement. 325k was much more than he is worth and he has not been worth the money paid.

League

After a bad start I was worried that we would be drawn into a relegation battle. It took us until mid September to get our first win - a 5-0 victory against Watford. We remained inconsistant until December, a month that saw us drop just two points. The new year saw yet more inconsistancy. We just drew too many games to mount a challenge for the playoffs but picked up enough points to stay away from the bottom few, finishing with a respectable top half finish.

Cups

League Cup:1st Round (Knocked out by Leicester)

FA Cup:1st Round (Knocked out by Sheff Utd)

Johnstones Paint Trophy:Semi Final(Knocked out by Peterborough)

The cup competitions were a strugle as they were towards the start of the season when we were not getting results in the league. We were knocked out of the league and FA Cups before we got into our stride. We had another decent run in the JPT but came up short after a narrow defeat to Peterborough.

Summary

On the pitch, it was a good season. Off it, this has been one of my worst. I am struggling to keep hold off players as most of the team want to move to a bigger club. First choice keeper Lee Clarke will leave on a free after signing a pre-contract with Celtic and star midfielder Nikon Jevtic will leave for Modena, also on a free. These are both massive players for the club and i will struggle to find replacements anywhere near their standard. Sub keeper Tomlinson is also not renewing his contract so i will be left without a keeper. Jean Christophe is another to leave. Other players are unhappy and wanted by bigger clubs. If they offer enough, the chairman will accept. I really can see us struggling next season and i may have to look for a job elsewhere.

Squad

Last seasons aims

- Keep hold of most of the current team - FAILED

- Consoldiate in league 1 and improve on last seasons 16th place - ACHIEVED

- Make the 4th round of a major cup - FAILED

- Make the area final of the JPT - FAILED

Next seasons aims

- Find replacements for all first teamers that leave

- Finish in the top half of the table

- Reach the area final of the JPT

Career so far

2007-2008 Stafford Rangers BSP - 16th (Took over in March)

2008-2009 Stafford Rangers BSP - 12th

2009-2010 Stafford Rangers BSP - 13th

2010-2011 Macclesfield BSP - 4th (Took over in October, beaten in playoff semi)

2011-2012 Macclesfield BSP - 2nd (Playoff winners)

2012-2013 Macclesfield League 2 - 15th

2013-2014 Macclesfield League 2 - 22nd

2014-2015 Macclesfield League 2 - 2nd (Promoted)

2015-2016 Macclesfield League 1 - 16th

2016-2017 Macclesfield League 1 - 12th

Honours

2010 Setanta Shield winners (Stafford)

2012 BSP Playoff Winners (Macclesfield)

2015 League 2 Runners Up (Macclesfield)

2015 JPT Runners Up (Macclesfield)

2016 JPT Runners Up (Macclesfield)

omg I have 5 french players in my starting lineup now, and another 2 players of different nationalities from france, I just wanted to steal one player on a free transfer, then the whole of ligue 1 went crazy and kept offering me every loan player they had xD

omfg thats the stupidest own goal i've ever seen :thdn::thdn::thdn:

the ball was going towards my goalkeeper at a slow pass sort of pace, and he was looking striaght at it and could've easily picked it up but he started running away from it, and my defender started running at it trying to clear it and it looked like they just ran into each other on the line then my defender cleared it into the side of the net, WTF WAS GOING ON :mad: thats ridiculous, i thought they'd removed wierd stuff like that with the patches, but this is worse and wierder than anything i've seen pre-patch

I don't know if this has been mentioned before but for those of you who are managing in the BSS/N and BSP, on June 20th and 1st July go onto your player search, and use the filter to find unattached players and start with the youngest, normally they will be good enough for your respective division and maybe higher.

Oh and between the dates of 20th of September and 30th of October you will find players from countries such as Bermuda, Montserrat, Cayman Islands etc who are very good as well.

lol happy slappy, Just got a job at Leigh RMI who are currently 15th in the Blue Square North. I've got the job on the 20th June . I 'l look for players in a second like you suggested

http://img110.imageshack.us/my.php?image=71839033yn4.jpg

http://img376.imageshack.us/my.php?image=91954209ge8.jpg

http://img376.imageshack.us/my.php?image=69551836yl0.jpg

http://img527.imageshack.us/my.php?image=89528785if1.jpg

These are just a few of the players that I have brought in over the past few years, the bottom one I signed last season and has helped in getting me where I am in League 2 after signing him last season.

It's hard to get good centre backs in Brazil, just turned down two very very tempting offers. Anybody know what sort of rep I'll need to start bringing in low rep players from abroad? My main CB got a few offers, two were very very tempting part exchanges that I defo would have snapped up, but I just can't replace my by far best CB. Also got a 50k bid for arguably my second best CB and I'm very much in debt, but I resisted. It was from a team who are not in my group but still in the same division and they are worth a whopping 3.1m! How can they be worth so much? We're at 350k which is a slight improvement. If the finances get real bad, will I end up getting sacked for it?

2010-11, Gateshead

My second season at Gateshead after previously getting them promoted to the BSP, the season didn't go to good, infact we were relegated. One bonus to the season was my progression the 1st Round of the FA cup the furthest I have ever got in the competition. Ryan Newton was a big help to our survival hopes, but in the end it didn't even matter, we tried so hard, but we went down nonetheless. Despite this the 23rd place finish was a record high for Gateshead, it being their first season in the BSP.

Table, Graph

I'm more than likely going to resign at the end of the season, as I really don't see my future here at Gateshead.

Career so far:

Season     Team                 Country    League                 League Finish    Achievements
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Started    unemployed
2007/08    Harrogate Town       England    Blue Square North      16th             Took over in March
2008/09    Harrogate Town       England    Blue Square North      5th              Lost in playoff semi-finals
2009/10    Gateshead            England    Blue Square North      2nd              Promoted via play-offs
2010/11    Gateshead            England    Blue Square Premier    23rd             Relegated

So having taken control of Baktalórántháza heading out of pre-season with 3 wins and a draw I was quietly confident going into my first game againt a non-league side in the Hungarian Cup. Wanting to impress my new employers I sent out as full strength of a team as I could manage. As usual in these circumstances it seems my confidence was misplaced and it looked like it was going to take a penalty 5 minutes from the end of extra time to get us the win, unfortunately the goalkeeper saved the penalty and the rebound smashed against the post before going out for a goal kick. Luckily despite missing our first kick in the shootout we eventually progressed 3-1 on penalties.

Not wanting to come so close to going out in the next round when we face another non-league team in our very next game and I once again sent out a full strength side. Unfortunately once again we played poorly and it was 2-2 at the end of 90 minutes. This time we didn't risk penalties though and Robert Szabo became somewhat of a hero as he scored a goal in extra time to collect his hattrick and put us through.

Understandably after these two performances I wasn't overly confident going into our first league game however I need not have worried, Szabo was on the scoresheet again as we ran out 2-0 winners. We looked destined to lose our next game as we conceded in the first half but 6 minutes changed the game as we scored on the 73rd and 79th minute to take the win. We spent nearly 90 minutes camped inside our oppositions penalty area in the next game but despite all our efforts we couldn't score and it ended 0-0. Five minutes into our next match we found ourselves 1-0 down but we rallied and went in at half time level, a goal straight after the re-start put us 2-1 down but far from discouraging us we seemed more determined and went on to score 2 quality goals and take the win.

So after 4 league games we currently sit top of the league with 10 points and are eagerly anticipating our Hungarian Cup clash with a first division side who are currently sat 2nd from bottom so I personally think if we play well we could sneak a win.

I seem to have accidently taken the Braintree job in the BSS, I think I might see it through now i've arrived :D

Did you forget to tick "return from holiday when offered job"? or did you just accidentally click accept?

The first one happened to me when I was aready managing a club, forgot to untick "apply for jobs" went on holiday for a week and I came back to find myself manager of West Ham :D

Started my career...

Leagues loaded

Nation(lowest League loaded)

India

USA

England(BSP National)

France(Championnat National)

Germany(2 Bundesliga)

Italy(Serie C2)

Netherlands(Ereste Divisie)

Romania(Second Div)

Scotland(Third Div)

Spain(LIGA BBVA)

Started with sunday league football rep.

Holiday and got offered Cassino in Italy Serie C2 Group C, languishing 16th in the league as of 23rd Nov 2007 when i joined.

Offered $650 a year contract...Though i accepted the contract only upto june 2008.

Transfer Budjet of $51,000

Wage Budget of $16.5k P/w but used 17.4k p/w

Hope to finish in top half of table...and then move to new pastures...next season.

Started this challenge last night . Unemployed with reputation of sunday league footballer . I had to wait until March 08 before i was offerd a job , Braintree were lying 20th in the BSS after 32 games . I decided to accept the challenge of a 2 yr contract on £160 pw.

Begain by sorting my squad out and taking everyone off the transfer list as i will give all my players the chance to impress me .

Signed a ex wimbledon defender/midfeidler on a free , aswell as 2 loan signings.

Started off with a unlucky 2-1 defeat away to Thurrock , however i quickly got over this by my team putting in a excellent preformance against relegation rivals Eastbourne , i won 2-0 and was delighted as this took me to 19th and out of the relegation zone .

I have 8 games left and my team is sitting on 35 points , my aim is 45 points , which should keep us up . :thup:

Archived