Football Manager Wiki

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am having problems linking pages to the category stadiums.

I think it may be due to a redirect page we have from 'stadiums' to 'Stadia'.

I have deleted the re-direct information but I can't delete the article, because I am not a mod.

Also, any news on the SI affiliation?

Okay, I haven't said anything about this here yet, so I might as well mention it now.

A few days ago, CaptainHaddock sent me a PM saying that he'd be interested in making us an official offiliate of SI. We'll be mentioned in the affiliates section on the FM website, & we'll also be on the official facebook page. I think this is great & just the type of advertising we've needed. We should be made an affiliate soon enough.

I am having problems linking pages to the category stadiums.

I think it may be due to a redirect page we have from 'stadiums' to 'Stadia'.

I have deleted the re-direct information but I can't delete the article, because I am not a mod.

What stadium is it for? I'll try and get it sorted.

Okay, I haven't said anything about this here yet, so I might as well mention it now.

A few days ago, CaptainHaddock sent me a PM saying that he'd be interested in making us an official offiliate of SI. We'll be mentioned in the affiliates section on the FM website, & we'll also be on the official facebook page. I think this is great & just the type of advertising we've needed. We should be made an affiliate soon enough.

Excellent news :thup:

We have been spammed again!

This is getting very annoying!

It is the same message on three of the pages but I cannot post it on here.

The pages are the United States, Hoffenhiem and Russia pages.

I am not a mod(It would help if I was ;):D) So, I cannot change it back.

What stadium is it for? I'll try and get it sorted.

If you could delete the empty Stadiums page, as this is what is stopping me doing it I think.

It is causing problems whenever, I try and categorize to the stadiums section.

Great news on the affiliation BTW.

It seems to be exactly the same messages from the last banned spammer. Got to be changed to only registered users can edit pages.

Totally agree.

Every page has to be locked so that only registered users can edit pages and not just the talk page.

Totally agree.

Every page has to be locked so that only registered users can edit pages and not just the talk page.

Not only has he/she spammed the page, they've deleted all of the information that was on the page.

Not only has he/she spammed the page, they've deleted all of the information that was on the page.

I think that the mods may be able to get that back but if not, this is very bad.

As that is 7 pages of work, that have gone.

How do you re-direct a page to another eg. Spurs to Tottenham Hotspur?

#REDIRECT [[Page Name]]

So you would search for a page called Spurs, when it says that isnt a page called that make it and put the above in, replacing Page Name with the name of the page you want to link to.

WTH. All my work on the US page gone. :(:mad:

And who called Landon Donovan Landy Cakes. C'mon, let's be serious, I call him Landy Cakes too, but I don't put that in Wiki. :p

I noticed that too, i thought, this couldnt be the work of the authors:p

Almost fixed it myself, but i didnt know wether it was official or not.

#REDIRECT [[Page Name]]

So you would search for a page called Spurs, when it says that isnt a page called that make it and put the above in, replacing Page Name with the name of the page you want to link to.

Cheers mate. I've asked in the GPTG forum thread if the author of each club guide could do a stadium page or to send the info to my email address.

When we get to do this, how will we differensiate (sp) between two or more players with the same name? eg. Billy Jones (Crewe) and Billy Jones (Preston)

Block them, as it is getting ridiculous.

This is about the 20th time I've banned him :rolleyes:

When we get to do this, how will we differensiate (sp) between two or more players with the same name? eg. Billy Jones (Crewe) and Billy Jones (Preston)
Just change the page name I'd imagine.

I was just about to ask the exact same question about Billy Jones after looking at your Crewe article.

Billy Jones at Preston is better.

They were both at Crewe at the same time so they will have had the same problem.

Could we include the place of birth to separate them? Thankfully you took the better one of the books so it wasn't too bad though last season we had Gary Roberts (now Yeovil) and Gary Roberts (now Huddlesfield) in the same midfield.

From the Singapore thread:

The above was all written by [insert name here] in the Sports Interactive Community Forums. It was originally posted in the Football Manager 2009 International Management Thread. All credit for the above goes to him. As footballmanagerwiki is avalible to anyone to edit as they like, I can not guarantee that the below is the exact work of the original writer. To see the original thread and to discuss this team, please visit the Good Player and Team Guide.
Could the person that made this thread sort it out? Thanks :)
Only option is to only allow edits to registered users imo.

I'm doing that now.

Saves all the minutes you could have to spend banning unregistered spammers though mate.

Good point. I've a funny feeling this won't be the end of the spamming though.

Oh yeah, whenever someone makes a new page, could they please just mention it in this thread so I can lock it asap.

I didn't say it would be the end of the spamming. No problem, i'll probably do some more of the Crewe players tonight. Who else are the mods just in case you're not around?

It was BenArsenal, I think because it was me that got permission to use that.

I can't remember though.

Sorry about the disclaimer, I must have forgotten his name and then, not had the time to find it and then, forgotten about it afterwards.

What is the next option after only allowing registered users to edit?

Only allow mods to edit?

Sign in ;)

Cheers, locked :thup:

Don't think so, would be nice to have some though.

I'm quite suprised no one has done them yet. I was looking to link them into my article but couldn't find anything :D

For anyone looking to do articles there is a whole host of international tournaments that could be included. I'll consider doing some myself soon, but not tonight.

It was BenArsenal, I think because it was me that got permission to use that.

I can't remember though.

Sorry about the disclaimer, I must have forgotten his name and then, not had the time to find it and then, forgotten about it afterwards.

What is the next option after only allowing registered users to edit?

Only allow mods to edit?

Whoops, completely misread that earlier :D

It's to make admins only able to edit.

Archived