Teams score against me from long shots

I have good goalie for my league and strong defenders, but other teams are scoring against me almost only from long shots 16-20 meters). Not from free kicks, but passing around and suddenly kicking the ball from outside the penalty box. They cant get into my penalty area, so they shoot from long distance

what should I do? What’s wrong?

playing 5-2-1-2 tiki taka. 

I play very slow evolving tiki taka. Usually scoring 1-2 and getting at least 1 from longe range

attaching my goalkeeper’s attributes

I playing first Israeli league, so he’s pretty good

318F2B0B-3E5E-4420-8B93-3F89765F01CA.jpeg

9188C940-97D1-4A92-A8D4-0242774CD066.jpeg

3C34CE03-A36B-4A46-A198-95A43958F2A7.jpeg

791F2F3A-B046-48D2-A4B3-4929CAF65B79.jpeg

You keeper isn't the issue here. 

It's incredibly aggressive, isn't it? A big issue is on the right. Your right wingback is going to leave your flank open more often than not.

So long shots are coming from the blue box where you have no player lined up. The players that could cover for that area (CM and WB) are instead being told to press forward, and in general are lacking defensive tasks due to their roles and duties. The two covering defenders instead will drop deeper. So you have a gap in your formation, which doesn't need to be an issue per se, but you're making the gap bigger due to the roles and duties you've selected thus creating the opportunity for the opposition to try the long shot. 

image.png.bf48a0379e9d603835f2f16d64d113c5.png

Edited by GianniM

On ‎29‎/‎07‎/‎2020 at 14:38, drajen said:

I have good goalie for my league and strong defenders, but other teams are scoring against me almost only from long shots 16-20 meters). Not from free kicks, but passing around and suddenly kicking the ball from outside the penalty box. They cant get into my penalty area, so they shoot from long distance

what should I do? What’s wrong?

playing 5-2-1-2 tiki taka. 

Some suggestions for you would be:

1) You need someone in the DM role ideally

2) Shift players who get into your DM space onto their weaker foot in the opposition instructions menu

3) Use your middle centre back as a libero on attack and have him pressing higher up the field in transition when you lose it

4) Accept conceding the long shot goals IF you can see a tangible benefit in your creativity/effectiveness going forward that justifies conceding the long shot goals.

All formations have their strengths/weaknesses. One of the most glaring inherent weaknesses with 343/3412 is right outside your own penalty box, defensively, because you don't have a DM. Depending on players, opposition, tactics, etc., that may be compounded by being outnumbered in midfield. Then you factor in having three at the back, making it that much harder to create chances in the box, which kinda forces teams to take more chances from outside the box. 

That said, if you're conceding anywhere near a goal every other game from outside the box, then something else is going on. Looking at your setup, two things really stick out:

1) You're defensive TIs are insanely aggressive, especially for your level of competition. Extremely urgent, in particular, is overkill. 

2) Two of your three CBs are set to cover. With your level of aggressiveness, high line, offside trap, no DM, etc., I'd consider playing your central CB as a stopper with the other two on defend. 

For some perspective, I'm using a 343 with Frosinone in Serie A.  We've conceded nine goals from outside the box in the last 49 matches, two of which were from free kicks. By comparison, we've scored nine from open play ourselves. That's not an area I expect to win, or even break even, so I'm pretty happy with that. Don't get me wrong still frustrating as hell to feel well in control of a match only to concede a screamer from 25+ yards out, but that happens. I think closing down (and even man marking) certain players is crucial, especially in formations where you have an inherent weakness in that DM strata (for long-range shots) or out wide (for crosses, or wide players that are an aerial threat).